PDA

View Full Version : more questions

JAXX6888
Jan 16, 2004, 09:06 AM
is there a difference in the items you find offline compared to ones you find online?
I plan to take my character to level 200 what character should i pick i know its a stupid question but i dont want to make a wrong decision get to level 50 or so then get bored and restart.
What do you think is the most exiting class to pick?
do force techniques look different as you get higher level techniques?

Ok also im looking for a decent buch of legit low level players with voice communication to play with.
No annoying voice masks, spamming, hackers, dupers and immature players. (am i asking the impossible)
if you fit the description feel free to add my gamer tag THE JAXX BROS.
curuntly im a level 11 ra cast but that will proably change.

Oh and another thing. when people talk about apetite is that a ship name if so why dont i have it on my list as i choose a ship to go too is it because im in the uk

Superguppie
Jan 16, 2004, 09:24 AM
On 2004-01-16 06:06, JAXX6888 wrote:
is there a difference in the items you find offline compared to ones you find online?

Not really, except that some monsters appear online only. If you were on GC you could get PSO plus when it comes out to solve that problem.
However, even then there are 3 exceptions: The seasonal monsters that drop seriously special items. As far as I can tell these are and remain online only.

I plan to take my character to level 200 what character should i pick i know its a stupid question but i dont want to make a wrong decision get to level 50 or so then get bored and restart.
What do you think is the most exiting class to pick?

It may sound a bit boring, but it all depends on personal taste. Some people like standing in the middle of a bunch of monsters and doing immense amounts of dammage so much they'll take a HUcast anywhere. Others like blasting the living shit out of anything that isn't from Pioneer 2 with techs. They'll swear to the FOnewearl. And I like to stand in a corner freezing what comes at me from a distance. So RAmar is the one for me.
Each class/type has his/her own strengths and weaknesses. Find the one that fits you best. In order to decide it might actualy be best to make at least 1 char in each class and take it to lvl050. Then you can see a bit of what each one is like and decide what to use for lvl200. You may have to start a new char with a better type within your favorite class...
On word of causion here: Most characters develop in ways that makes gameplay different at the higher lvlz. (Especialy for FO) It is hard to predict if you will like it or not without trying. But trying takes time and that's what you want to save here...

do force techniques look different as you get higher level techniques?

Yup. They're totaly awesome at lvl30!

Oh and another thing. when people talk about apetite is that a ship name if so why dont i have it on my list as i choose a ship to go too is it because im in the uk

Ok, I'm not on XBox, but I think apetite is a US ship and you can't get to that from the EU servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-16 06:26 ]</font>

JAXX6888
Jan 16, 2004, 09:37 AM
thanks for you help. ill give it a try im a hucast at the moment cos i love the fact that they can see traps and are immune to paralasis and poison.
Iv spoken to my mate who has had the game for a while now he says that on the higher difficulties hunters are annoying as when you get half way through a combo the ememy attcks and you get knocked down is this true and is there ways around it

Superguppie
Jan 16, 2004, 09:51 AM
HUs are the easiest to begin with, and the hardest to master at the higher difficulties. (mainly because you go up close to the enemies where they can hit back) But that if you like the style and are up to the challenge, they're the best action you can get.
The attack of most enemies can be stopped if you hit hard enough. And HUcast is the class that does that best.
You get knocked down by enemy attacks if they are hard enough. Again the HUcast is the best one against that, as he has the highest HP.
I have also found that after the 3rd in a combo you need too much time to recover. I often use a double only and quickly take a step back after the 2nd. This usualy gets me outside the range of the enemy attack, after which I do a double again. When I find out I can fell an enemy with a triple, I do that. But as long as I can't it's doubles for me.
Also learn to use traps. A trap can be a real lifesaver. And freeze traps allows you to just chop away at the enemies without them being able to do anyting about it...
When you get to the higher difficulties the enemies become faster. Look for Battle units. General/Battle shouldn't be too hard to find, but by the time you're doing ULT Ruins you'll definitely want a GOD/BATTLE... And that goes for ALL classes/types.

-Luke-
Jan 16, 2004, 11:43 AM
I say take some chars to VH, level 40 or so, just to see what they can and can't do. Also, as every class can be mastered and made to be good, also go for looks. I made a HUcast for the reasons above, got bored without techs later on, so I made a HUmar because I felt he looked better and had more character. For those criterion, I find the top three to be:
1.HUmar
2.RAmar
3.RAmarl
So I like the humans better, big deal. I also kinda don't like the Newman poofed clothing...
don't flame me about the clothes, its preference ok?
Luke

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2004, 12:35 PM
The best advice I can give, is to choose the character that you'd be willing to stare at for the 1000 hours or so it'll take you to get to 200 at a casual pace.

Features you like, such as ability to see traps to cast techs are good to keep in mind... But seriously... Don't forget that you WILL be staring at this character for hours on end.