PDA

View Full Version : The Deus Legacy

SpikeOtacon
Jan 16, 2004, 12:22 PM
Deus Ex: Invisible War, and it's great grandpappy (http://www.geocities.com/afterhoursstudiosgc/Deus-family-small.jpg)
Anyone actually play either one of these? I know I have (it's my pic) and I must say Deus Ex has come a LONG way.

NOTE: Since my image server is being a fuckhead, you'll have to click on the link, and then get rid of the .jpg in the file name (.txt's not working)and then go to it. Damn geocities. THat's why they are my last resort.

derBauer
Jan 16, 2004, 04:32 PM
I played the first one about 34534634 times and it is possibly my fave game ever.

I am early into the second and still learning. These games honestly have to be played twice or more, moreso than any other games ever.

The biomods you choose make everything different and how you intereact with NPC's makes for an experience that can be finsished 3445 different ways.

Well, my companiion is out of town until Sunday night so I will play it alot this weekend.

I also bought LotR Monopoly to play when we have time.

Sord
Jan 16, 2004, 04:39 PM
I'v played the first one for pc. First i beat it regular, then i went back and beat it with the cheats. Then about a mounth latter i played without cheats again and beat it.

*swings the sword the gang was over, ends up cutting everything* oops...

SpikeOtacon
Jan 16, 2004, 07:05 PM
Not the first Deus Ex, I'm talking about DEUS.
The game that started it all, and it was a piece of shit. How 'Invisible War' came from this lump of shit (made by Similarius, a now defunct publishing house that later became Ion Storm and Eidios) will be beyond me. I must say, for back then, it was an OK try, but still shitty. Doom could do better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-16 16:56 ]</font>

Outrider
Jan 16, 2004, 10:39 PM
For those of us who are clueless, would you care to explain the evolution from Deus, to Deus Ex, to Deus Ex: Invisible War? Are they all linked? I had heard the two Deus Ex games are. However, I hadn't heard of Deus until just now.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 17, 2004, 08:11 AM
Deus is actually NOT involved directly, except for the company that controls the character in Deus (AWE) would later become aposltecorp from Deus Ex Invisible War. In Deus Ex, some of the gangs from it appear once or twice in Invisible War, and some of the companies also make appearences in Invisible War.
So, while Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War are connected in many ways, Deus was supposed to be forgotten about. Well, I sure didn't. ^_____^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-17 05:17 ]</font>

derBauer
Jan 17, 2004, 08:17 PM
I went to Gamestop today and read the Deus Ex:Inivisible War strategy guide part on the history of Deus Ex.

The game "Deus" you mentioned was not in there at all. I am inclined to think any similarity is purely coincidental.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 17, 2004, 08:45 PM
Do you honestly think that they would actually admit to having that game being a part of the series? It is, believe it or not. Strategy guides don't tell you everything.

derBauer
Jan 17, 2004, 10:37 PM
I wish I knew more about the game "Deus". I have searched online and found nothing. That lead me to look in the strategy guide.
I'm not going to say you're wrong, because I know nothing about it, compared to you who owns the game. I jsut want to know more about it.
If I said you were wrong earlier I shouldn't have. Like I said, I'm just trying to learn about it.