PDA

View Full Version : Use charector on another DC?

QWERTY2000
Apr 12, 2001, 04:51 PM
My friend only has a Playstation2 but he's addicted to PSO (plays at my house). Is there one comin' for the PS2? If not, he wants to buy a DC. One question... Is there any way to use the charector in my memory card in his new DC? I've heard it will only work with my DC and copy of PSO. thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Rapscallion
Apr 12, 2001, 05:05 PM
thankfully, no, PSO will not be going to PS2. It's OURS!! ALL OURS!! YOU HEAR ME SONY?!?!

*sigh* i'm okay...

His character is unique to your dreamcast, so if and when he does buy a dreamcast, he'll need his own disc and his own VMU. The game authenticates and makes the disc unique to your deck so you can't take the characters anywhere else.

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 05:25 PM
As he said, the bad news is that a character he creates on your DC cannot be played on his DC. The good news is that he can "sort of" transfer his character to his DC.

The method is obvious and dumb--he simply creates a new character on his DC which looks like his old character (with the same name). Then you both go online on your respective DCs and transfer all of the stuff from his old character to his new character. This won't transfer EXP or techniques, but it's better than entirely starting over.

Umax
Apr 12, 2001, 06:39 PM
I have gotten a character that I made on another dc work, but it was the same disk. The problem is with the serial # and access key that was first used to make the character.

PS. PS2 will be consumed by flames by my Rafoie wave!