PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture- HELP

ERS
Jan 16, 2004, 09:23 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a video capture card and have been able to take screenshots with it, but the quality is very bad... I really don't know how to make it better. I know this may be a dumb question, but I really need some help. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ERS

Blitzkommando
Jan 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
What kind of capture card are you using?

ERS
Jan 17, 2004, 12:33 PM
ATi- TV Wonder VE

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 01:59 PM
Are you simply hitting Print Scrn? What kind of software came with it? Did you check the settings in the program that comes with the card?

ERS
Jan 17, 2004, 02:22 PM
On 2004-01-17 10:59, VioletSkye wrote:
Are you simply hitting Print Scrn? What kind of software came with it? Did you check the settings in the program that comes with the card?

There is no print screen option, just a capture button.. The software came with it, it's just called TVWonder. There isn't really much that can be changed with the settings, either. Are there any other programs that you would reccomend to use with the card?

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 02:38 PM
An awesome program to use with capture cards is DScaler

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-17 11:41 ]</font>

ERS
Jan 17, 2004, 05:27 PM
One question about DScaler- is it possible to recieve input from composite? I've looked around the program and can't figure out how.

Ok, that was just a connection problem with the card.

DScaler is about 1,000 times better than the program that came with it, except... Is there any way to get images in .jpg format instead of .tif?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ERS on 2004-01-17 16:00 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 08:42 PM
On 2004-01-17 14:27, ERS wrote:
One question about DScaler- is it possible to recieve input from composite? I've looked around the program and can't figure out how.

Ok, that was just a connection problem with the card.

DScaler is about 1,000 times better than the program that came with it, except... Is there any way to get images in .jpg format instead of .tif?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ERS on 2004-01-17 16:00 ]</font>

Format of saving: defines the file format used when taking stills. The possible values are 0 (TIFF RGB), 1 (TIFF YCbCr) or 2 (JPEG)..

JPEG quality compression: defines the quality factor used when creating a JPEG file. It must be a value between 0 and 100. Higher is the value, higher is the picture quality and bigger is the file size.

I should give better info. Run DScaler, then go to "Settings", then "Advanced Settings" then in the left hand menu select "Still Settings" then in the right hand menu, the second option down will be "Format of Saving" select jpeg. the third option down is "JPEG quality compression"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-17 17:49 ]</font>

ERS
Jan 17, 2004, 08:50 PM
Oh, ok.

Thanks for all the help VioletSkye. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
np http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif