PDA

View Full Version : Powerboard Overheating

Eihwaz
Jan 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
In regards to the 2 GC keyboards, there's the ASCII one and the Powerboard. The ASCII sounds like the better of the two, but is somewhat pricey. The Powerboard is way cheaper, but I've heard that it overheats/resets. How often does it do this, and is there any way to prevent this?

Also, is there some sort of adaptor that allows you to just hook up a PS2 or PC keyboard to a GC?

Blitzkommando
Jan 17, 2004, 12:02 AM
Also, is there some sort of adaptor that allows you to just hook up a PS2 or PC keyboard to a GC?

Yes! Yes there is! I use that adapter. It's dirt cheap and has been working since I got it in June and it still works great. http://www.play-asia.com/paos-13-70b8004c.html
Thank you VioletSkye for suggesting it, it has worked great! It's cheaper than the others and you can use your own keyboard, which is quite nice.

[edit]Oh and I forgot to mention that it can use PS2, PS1 DualShock, and a standard P/S2 keyboard. You could also use a USB adapter to connect up, say a wireless USB keyboard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-01-16 21:05 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jan 17, 2004, 12:12 AM
On 2004-01-16 21:02, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Yes! Yes there is! I use that adapter. It's dirt cheap and has been working since I got it in June and it still works great. http://www.play-asia.com/paos-13-70b8004c.html
Thank you VioletSkye for suggesting it, it has worked great! It's cheaper than the others and you can use your own keyboard, which is quite nice.

[edit]Oh and I forgot to mention that it can use PS2, PS1 DualShock, and a standard P/S2 keyboard. You could also use a USB adapter to connect up, say a wireless USB keyboard.

Oh, thanks very much. This will prove useful. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Where's a good place to get high-quality keyboards?

Also, when using just a regular keyboard (IE not the ASCII one) how do you control character movement? Do you just use the controller, or do you use the arrow keys on the board?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-01-16 21:15 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jan 17, 2004, 12:17 AM
If you have a used computer store I would recommend those. They are usually cheaper and sturdy name-brands. But any kind of large store that carries electronics, but doesn't specialize in them is a good bet. The reason I say this is that electronics places tend to overcharge you for everything.

Also, you may want to check the Sunday paper. Sales can lead to some real bargains.

Basically any place like Wal-Mart will have a generic 108 key Windows compatable keyboards. That's what you want and they shouldn't cost much at all and should last plenty of time with PSO, unless of course you leave it on the floor like I have and it get's stepped on. hehe

Eihwaz
Jan 17, 2004, 01:45 AM
Thanks very much for the help.

But, how do you move your char? Do you keep a regular controller plugged in, or do you use the arrow keys on the keyboard?

Rich_T
Jan 17, 2004, 05:43 AM
Same as on the Deamcast version of PSO, control pad in port1, keyboard in port2.
Ue the control pad to play the game, the keyboard to type.
The ascii keyboard has two plugs one has the controler functions on, the other has the keyboard, so it takes up two ports on the gamecube.