PDA

View Full Version : GC memory card problems

Da3
Jan 17, 2004, 07:50 AM
I have a first party and third party memory card, i use the first party one to go online, despite my third party one having having lv 70+ characters.
this is because my friend told me that if i used my third party memory card online, all my data would be erased.
Has anyone else heard of/had this problem? It would help a lot.

Butoden
Jan 17, 2004, 08:21 AM
I don't think that's true... Never heard of anything like that. I'm not sure though!!
I heard about people having a MC for On-Line and Off-Line though, and if they ever go CORRUPT, they won't lose EVERTHING...
Anyways, I think it won't matter...

Shar
Jan 17, 2004, 08:49 AM
On 2004-01-17 04:50, Da3 wrote:
I have a first party and third party memory card, i use the first party one to go online, despite my third party one having having lv 70+ characters.
this is because my friend told me that if i used my third party memory card online, all my data would be erased.
Has anyone else heard of/had this problem? It would help a lot.

It's true. I tried once with a third party memory card and it got corrupted. So don't try unless you want to lose your characters and stuff..

Ketchup345
Jan 17, 2004, 08:51 AM
I have heard that Nintendo memory cards corrupt less than 3rd party cards, but they still do corrupt. All cards may corrupt, and there is no 100% guarentee against it.

Shar
Jan 17, 2004, 08:57 AM
On 2004-01-17 05:51, Ketchup345 wrote:
I have heard that Nintendo memory cards corrupt less than 3rd party cards, but they still do corrupt. All cards may corrupt, and there is no 100% guarentee against it.

I tried 3 times with the third party memory card. And everytime I joined a game my game was frozen (a.k.a FSOD-X). I know every card may corrupt, but some of the third party cards always corrupt >.>

trunkszero
Jan 17, 2004, 09:08 AM
i've been using a mad catz(1x) gc memory card and had no problems, now my friend corrupted 6 times in 2 months with a 1st party memory card

Da3
Jan 17, 2004, 09:37 AM
Maybe I should give all my rares to a guy on my other mempry card, then chance it?
At least if it did corrupt my memory card, I'd still have all my items...

ElizaBluefull
Jan 17, 2004, 10:59 AM
I don't have links to old threads concerning how to prevent or reduce the chance of FSOD or FSODX, but I recommend searching for them. My advice would be to stay out of crowded areas like Vega 1 and 2. Don't join games in crowded lobbies. And if you start to lag terribly, disconnect and then get back on. The thing about third party cards, hmm...but having itemholders to keep your extra rares safe on another memcard is a good idea. I do it, and so do many others.

Da3
Jan 17, 2004, 02:01 PM
Thanks, you've all been real helpful.
I like it here! every one is nice! (except those people who go on about hackers and stuff, if it doesn't affect the gameplay for other players, whats the problem?) DAMN, off topic...er yeah, memory cards.

PS-Whats an ADE? I've heard it mentioned a few times...

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 02:18 PM
ADE was a member here before he got banned for constant flaming. He was a legit (which is perfectly fine) except that he liked to ram his opinions down everyone's throat and felt that everyone was always wrong and that he was always right. He also badmouthed the mods frequently because he felt there was some sort of conspiracy against him. Basically he was just a kid with some serious issues.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-17 11:19 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Jan 18, 2004, 04:20 AM
On 2004-01-17 11:18, VioletSkye wrote:
He also badmouthed the mods frequently because he felt there was some sort of conspiracy against him.

"Oh, and since PSOW is like the guru of PSO, you shouldn't have a cheaters section. It isn't made to exist in the game, and therefore shouldn't be acknowledged." or something like that ~ ADE

badmouthing, and telling others how to run their site ?!! ._.

Giezus
Jan 19, 2004, 05:59 PM
Im using a 3rd party memory card (Intec) and havnt had any trouble. The only reason I'm using the 3rd party is because I got my GCN and PSO the same day, and couldnt find any of the oficial ones. After 3 days, I just bought two 4MB Intec cards.

Vicious128
Jan 20, 2004, 05:09 PM
I use a Madcatz 59 myself for 1 character and haven't recieved any problems. It works just fine. Perfect for C-mode cause I constantly delete character after character.

Probably the reason that 3rd party cards suck because their not made "the correct way".