PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Mag Evolution?

drizzle
Jan 17, 2004, 02:25 PM
Ok, so I am raising a new Mag on my RAmar. Pinkal ID (type B). At Mag level 9 I gave it to a FO char so that I would get the Leilla Mag Blast. It turned into a Vritra as expected, and got Leilla. Handed it back to my RAmar, feed it another monomate and... still a Vritra, not a Kalki like I would expect. Odd I thought, but didn't really give it much thought at the time.
Now, it got to level 35, and with dex > pow + mind it should evolve into a Mitra, right? At least, that's what the guide says, and what I got on my other RA chars.
Wrong. I got an Ashvinau. What's going on? O_o

VioletSkye
Jan 17, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-01-17 11:25, drizzle wrote:
Ok, so I am raising a new Mag on my RAmar. Pinkal ID (type B). At Mag level 9 I gave it to a FO char so that I would get the Leilla Mag Blast. It turned into a Vritra as expected, and got Leilla. Handed it back to my RAmar, feed it another monomate and... still a Vritra, not a Kalki like I would expect. Odd I thought, but didn't really give it much thought at the time.
Now, it got to level 35, and with dex > pow + mind it should evolve into a Mitra, right? At least, that's what the guide says, and what I got on my other RA chars.

heh, this has been an ongoing issue. I have pointed out a few times that there are errors in the mag guides.

Dhylec
Jan 17, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-01-17 11:25, drizzle wrote:

based on the guide, mitra & ashvi are the same on stat requirements & pb learning
[lv35, id:both, d > p + m, pb:pilla]
so i don't see that as a biggie.. i think lv50 evolution is more impottant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-01-17 12:46 ]</font>

navci
Jan 17, 2004, 02:59 PM
My experience is that, until third revolution, the character changed to feed the mag doesn't matter. If Ranger started feeing a mag, it will always turn Mitra, FO, Ashvinau, HU, Rudra. The influence will stay through 2nd evolution.

Soukosa
Jan 17, 2004, 03:10 PM
Since you feed it with a FO when it evolved at lv 10, it'll act as though it's fed by a FO, regardless of the class, until lv 50.

drizzle
Jan 17, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-01-17 12:10, Sounomi wrote:
Since you feed it with a FO when it evolved at lv 10, it'll act as though it's fed by a FO, regardless of the class, until lv 50.

Never knew that. Wonder why I haven't noticed it before. Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_brainchild
Jan 17, 2004, 07:12 PM
I got a Mag up to level 99 about to do that Fourth Evolution, but didn't like what it would be under my class and Section ID. I traded it over to a character I just made and fed it one item to get it up one level and to evolve and it evolved according to the table for the new character I handed it over to.

Hope that helped a bit.