PDA

View Full Version : I think my game hates me >_

BladeofDarkness
Jan 17, 2004, 10:47 PM
According to heyf00ls drop rate FAQ Pal Rappies Drop Red Partisan(whitill) 1/2 chance and el rappies drop Flowen's Sword AUW 3079 at a 1/64 chance SO how come even though my RAmar has killed 11 pal rappies and tons of el rappies neither one has dropped?! Is it because he's only lvl 62 in ult? I know that people (including myself) always say level doesn't matter but this is just insane! In any case I'm done rappy hunting for a while.

ERS
Jan 17, 2004, 10:52 PM
It's all random. I got Red Partisan from my second Pal Rappy. And no, level doesn't matter.

excecutor
Jan 17, 2004, 10:53 PM
Red partisian has not been kind to me through pal rappies either, I got mine after 4. Just keep at it, you will eventually get it.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 17, 2004, 10:56 PM
What about the el rappy drops? I get red handguns more often on my purp fomar and that's a 1/350 chance. I know that level doesn't matter I've been around for 3 years but you gotta admit there aren't many other explanations for nothing dropping after so many pals/els. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Black000Moon
Jan 17, 2004, 11:12 PM
your luck is just crap?...

BladeofDarkness
Jan 17, 2004, 11:18 PM
Heh I have had horrible luck with rare enemies on all my chars (I'm on mil #5 on my fo trying to get a windmill and it took 6 mils to get an aura field on my huc) lately so maybe it is just bad luck. =/

Xeno_M
Jan 17, 2004, 11:57 PM
Yup, all bad luck. The game doesn't have a counter or anything that counts the rare enemies you've killed. So its just luck that they drop. Ive had some bad luck too, and also some outrageously good luck.

Redria Pal- 0/4 for Red handgun (rate 1/2) wtf O_o
Oran Temple Mil- 1/7 for Aura Field (rate 1/2)
Redria Poiully- 0/7 for Lavis (rate 1/21) No suprise there i guess.
Pinkal Temple Mil- 2/2 for Windmill (rate 1/2)
VH Pinkal Nar- 4/4 God/Mind
Vh Skyly Nar- 6/6 God/HP

And theres the good luck.
Pinkal Pal- 2/3 for 1975 Agito (rate 1/21) Awesome luck.

Zelgadis
Jan 18, 2004, 01:21 AM
Xeno...if you want a Red Handgun that badly make a yellowboze ID. I pick them up like water in the forest. I've done about 10 runs this morning and I picked up atleast 6 red handguns. One with some pretty good percents. 0/25/35/0/20 but like I said in Xeno's other post it just takes alot of patience. Most of the stuff I got doing ruin runs in ult to get to level 150 was just luck. But of course I didn't start finding the really good items until the timer hit 250+ hours. But it also might have something to do with the number of rares you have on your character. Drop some of the useless stuff like really common rares. All in all I have maybe about 10-12 rares on each char cept for my lowest char. He has just what he uses.

Xeno_M
Jan 18, 2004, 02:38 AM
Well, actually i wasn't really hunting the Red Handgun. I wanted a Sacred Cloth just for colletion kinda... And after my first Pal stiffed me, i decided to keep trying... and trying and trying. 5 Sacred Cloths and 4 Pal Rappys later i gave up. I have a Purplenum in Ult now doing Fake in Yellow runs. So i'll be finding alot of them i think.

And about the rares in the box. You might have something there. My redria has 184 items in her box O_O Most are mates and grinders, but im kind of a pack rat. I like to keep at least one of everything (equippable) that i find. So i got durandals, kaladbolgs, S-beats, you name it, i prolly got it. I'll try dumping some of the worthless stuff. I really doubt it'll help, but hey, im bout running out of patience here lol

Armok
Jan 18, 2004, 07:15 AM
My Rare enemy sightings

Hildetour
0/1 Redria - Mag rock Iss
0/2 Greenill - Frozen S

Pal Rappy
1/1 Whitill - Red Partisan
0/4 Redria - Red Handgun
1/1 Purpleum - Sacred Cloth

Al Rappy
1/1 Purpleum - Elysion

Love Rappy
1/1 Whitill vh - regene gear

Red Slime
1/2 Skyly - Demo Comet

Rare Lilys
1/1 Purpleum ult temp - Flowen Frame
0/1 Skyly vh temp - regene gear

Wood_Golem
Jan 18, 2004, 08:48 AM
I have 12 characters.. I've probably seen + or - than 200 rare enemies with all my characters.. probably more than that i have no idea after a year of playing it's hard to keep count so i'll just post my unlucky sections http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

All ep-1:

Skyly Pal Rappy- killed 40+ of the rainbow parrots for the Angel Harp while it took my friend 3 Pal's for the equally rare 75' agito ><

Redria Slime- i'd say 30 something of them for mah Lcannon meh not TOO bad.

Redria torr- more than 20 no Iritista.

Oran Torr- it took me 28 to get a Syncesta but the next random torr also gave me one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Skyly Mil- I've killed well over 30 of them and i mean WELL over and i only have 12 Sange's i mean Geez?

BladeofDarkness
Jan 18, 2004, 11:30 AM
I've killed 13 now...*desperately seeking some kind of answer* Are there any hacked items/mags out there that effect your drop rate?(I know I know I'm reaching) I'm worried this might be true since one of my friends has a lot of hacked stuff and I've used some of it on occassion, one of the mags I used was a lv 1304 Robochao. I've been wondering if maybe that did it because I also had my fo equip it to just to see his stats and since then he hasn't found any rares either. The thing is it's not just Pal/El Rappies, my RAmar hasn't found a single rare since I made him....

Forgive me if this is an incredibly stupid question...I'm just looking for some kind of answer

KingChaos
Jan 18, 2004, 01:15 PM
for me it was around 11 el raps and 1 pal rap as my old ramar

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2004, 02:47 PM
Hehe, yeah, I've got pretty uneven luck with rare enemies. The game hates me too.

Outside of Normal on YELLOWBOZE, Al Rappies have never stiffed me(3x Elysion). They show up fairly decently, I've seen four and never piped one.

Pals... Don't like me, heh. 27 for the 1975 Agito, 2 so far without a Red Partisan, took 2 for a Star Amplifier, I'm about 2/4 on REDRIA for Red Handguns... 0/4 on PURPLENUM, but that's because they all killed my L48 RAmar, lol.

Love Rappies... Seen four, gotten the drops from three, fourth I don't know, as a shot of Megid came and whacked my FOmar before he could launch a Gifoie and run. Heh. (Angel/Luck, Sting Tip, Heart of Poumn)

Never seen a rare Rappy online.

Hildeblues... 2/2 on those.(Cure/Shock, God/Arm)

Hildetorrs love to stiff me, and show up very rarely. Usually takes about six to eight hours of piping before I get one. 1/3 on SKYLY(Red Saber, no %s. >_<), 1/1 on WHITILL(FS, my only luck with torrs, heh, no %), the PINKAL one I saw online dropped his Star Amp, but I already had one so I didn't want it, and I am 0/8 on ORAN 'torrs.

Pouilly Slimes seem to like me somewhat; 1/1 on WHITILL VHard(Cure/Freeze), 2/2 on ORAN Ult(Guard Wave), 1/8 on REDRIA Ult(Yup, Lavis Cannon, pwnz0rz), and the odd stiffer, a SKYLY Ult one online which did not give us a Demo Comet.

Nar Lillies... They love to show up, on all difficulties, lol. Several on Normal, several on Hard(The Hards dropped, heh. Mechs on PURP, Photon Claw someone else got on a WHITILL, etc). VHard... Hehe. Piped 4 God/Minds off PINKAL, 4 God/HP off SKYLY... Seen another God/Mind drop from a PURPLENUM Nar, got a Perfect/Resist from a WHITILL Nar, got a Bloody Art or somesuch from a Temple Nar once on ORAN... Etc.

Millies are a bit like their cousins. Love to show up, although they aren't as consistent in drops. 1/2 on ORAN Caves Mils(Both random, heh), Sense Plate, 1/2 on ORAN Temple Mils for an Aura Field, 3/6ish on REDRIA Caves Mils(3x Demo Comet), 1/1 on SKYLY Temple(I resent that one to this day, Regenerate Gear? Bleh, that drops from VHard Nars there, and the bloody Mil spawned behind me and pecked me, lol); seen a Sange drop online from a SKYLY Mil, been stiffed in Temple by... I think it was PINKAL. Never been killed by a Milly, at least, heh.

Piping is semi good to me, but god I'm sick of it. >_< I can count good rare drops from non-piped enemies on one hand. >_<;;; (God/Battle, 2x Red Partisan(ORAN), Red Sword(SKYLY), that's basically it)

And the final, clinching proof that this game hates me(Even more than it hates you): I FSODed last night leaving the bank, just -barely- missing the save. >_<;;;;;;;;; Happened just before it would have been saving, as I still had the Club of Zumiuran that I'd deposited in the bank equipped. Lost all my Trifluids/etc and the Dragon Slayer I found in a box during the ET, heh. At least I didn't find anything good. >_<;;;

psyphontf
Jan 18, 2004, 02:54 PM
hey bud one of my guys is in whit and i got 3 flowens with him and i got robbed of a red part but neither are very good any wasy, i suggest goin for a whittlers pride and glory...possibly the easiest agito find in the game and a good cudgel drop

Jarek
Jan 18, 2004, 02:56 PM
i'd say my luck's OK; not really good or bad. i've gotten some good items from rare monsters, but others have just left me nothing. i'm 0/6 for a pal rappy angel harp drop, but i'll just keep trying i guess. =)

Appleicious
Jan 18, 2004, 05:25 PM
Piping takes a lot of patience, but it's the easiest way to get an item you're looking for.

If you can either watch a movie, browse a forum, or do some other activity while you are piping, it's not bad at all.

I keep a running tally of my rare enemies here (http://pso.elixtar.com/). That's not a complete list and it does not include any found online. I seem to have freakishly good luck with 1/21 drops.

Stormsworder
Jan 18, 2004, 05:50 PM
My game must hate me too. I have killed over 50 Crimson Assassins and I still don't have a Red Partisan.

Appleicious
Jan 18, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-01-18 14:50, Stormsworder wrote:
My game must hate me too. I have killed over 50 Crimson Assassins and I still don't have a Red Partisan.

That's because the drop rate on that is 1/573.

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2004, 06:10 PM
On 2004-01-18 15:01, Appleicious wrote:

On 2004-01-18 14:50, Stormsworder wrote:

That's because the drop rate on that is 1/573.

Wow, I must be really 'lucky' then, there. I've gotten that ORAN Red Partisan, twice, and I haven't killed nearly that many Crimson Assassins, heh.

Not complaining, the first one was my first good rare, and the second came with some nice %s.

Oh, I got a Sacred Cloth last time a REDRIA Pal stiffed me for a Red Handgun. Killed it too close to the next batch of Rappies, using L28 Gifoie, and the Gifoie hit 'em and sent 'em running, knocking them down because there were still 3 or so Gifoies going. Red box. Heh.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
I've killed 15 fucking rappies now and 0 red partisans. This is more than bad luck there is something wrong here. I still haven't been able to find a rare at all with this char or my fo. Something is really wrong here....I usually have really good luck with pal rappies, this is just insane...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-01-18 19:02 ]</font>

Aziangangster
Jan 19, 2004, 01:59 AM
Proof my game hates me:
Been piping and found no red slimes in my life except 4 one on normal mode.

proof sega hates me:
Bluefull Heaven punisher 1/205 Hildatorr

Kraida
Jan 19, 2004, 05:17 AM
On 2004-01-18 19:01, BladeofDarkness wrote:
I've killed 15 fucking rappies now and 0 red partisans. This is more than bad luck there is something wrong here. I still haven't been able to find a rare at all with this char or my fo. Something is really wrong here....I usually have really good luck with pal rappies, this is just insane...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-01-18 19:02 ]</font>

Back in the DC days, if u hacked weapons or had hacked weapons or something, the game would know and disable all rares. I know from first hand experience. That was offline.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 19, 2004, 12:58 PM
So if I ditch all the hacked stuff that I have in the bank that my friend gave me will it revert back? I just found a PD(should've been my yas9000m tho...stupid crimson) on my fomar so I know he can still find rares.

Zelgadis
Jan 19, 2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah. Doing caves runs in ult with a whitill sucks. Nano dragons give you a sacred guard ( Lv. 17 requirement to use it. ) And out of that run I got a PD from one of the single pan arms. Yesterday I was doing mine runs and a Sinow Red drops a red box. I flip out. PD. Course my RAmarl has Rico's earrings on her...along with Rico's glasses...plus what she has equipped....twisted. Her evade is well over 1200 and she's only level 111.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 19, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-01-19 09:58, Zelgadis wrote:
Yeah. Doing caves runs in ult with a whitill sucks. Nano dragons give you a sacred guard ( Lv. 17 requirement to use it. ) And out of that run I got a PD from one of the single pan arms. Yesterday I was doing mine runs and a Sinow Red drops a red box. I flip out. PD. Course my RAmarl has Rico's earrings on her...along with Rico's glasses...plus what she has equipped....twisted. Her evade is well over 1200 and she's only level 111.

I thought whitills got flight fan from nanos O_o

Zelgadis
Jan 19, 2004, 01:03 PM
Nano Dragons suck. I have recived two red boxes from Nano dragons. One was a flight fan. The other was the stupid sacred gaurd. My skyly got one from a hidelt too...two monsters forest run. Tollaw, Hidelt. Both die at the same time. PD and a sacred guard.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 20, 2004, 12:22 PM
Well I got both my Flowen's Sword and Red Partisan today, I'm positive it was the robochao mag that was cancelling out the rare drops because as soon as I got rid of it I found the flowen's sword and then I piped for a Pal and got my red partisan (tekked to 25% dark too, not much but still something)

heyf00L
Jan 20, 2004, 01:47 PM
If you're using a hacked mag (or something else) it might prevent rares from dropping.

Also, this should be obvious, but you are hitting the rappy after it gets up so it drops the item, right?

BladeofDarkness
Jan 20, 2004, 06:25 PM
Yes of course. And if you were to read my last post you would see that I deleted the mag and then found both weapons so obviously I know how to kill a rappy.

Jason
Jan 20, 2004, 06:43 PM
I always have bad luck, I've been hunting for Pan Arms' Arms forever and I still didn't get it. I had very good luck from the rare creatures I came upon, none dropped me crap till I met my first Pouilly Slime. It dropped meseta, I was so disappointed. I saw my 2nd one came from Normal mode so, it tortured me. Grr.