PDA

View Full Version : USB Card issues

Firocket1690
Jan 18, 2004, 04:28 AM
Yay, I just got a new toy for Christmas.
A USB Memory card thingy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
So, yeah, I finally have a tekker screenshot of my Ruby Bullet on my USB card.

I'm not too sure on how to use the EMS software that came with the thing on a floppy.

Thingy had a program called GCMlnk.exe in the unzipped folder, and a few text files.

I plug the thingy in (mem card ~ comp) and my computer boots up like normal, but after numerous restarts, it still hasn't detected the card at all.
Not even the usual message "New USB device" shows up as it should.

Oh, and one last thing, My father purchased it off eBay, so I assume it's used.
Oh, and I'm also using Windows 98. (xp crashed)

Help ?!

VioletSkye
Jan 18, 2004, 12:44 PM
On 2004-01-18 01:28, Firocket1690 wrote:
Yay, I just got a new toy for Christmas.
A USB Memory card thingy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
So, yeah, I finally have a tekker screenshot of my Ruby Bullet on my USB card.

I'm not too sure on how to use the EMS software that came with the thing on a floppy.

Thingy had a program called GCMlnk.exe in the unzipped folder, and a few text files.

I plug the thingy in (mem card ~ comp) and my computer boots up like normal, but after numerous restarts, it still hasn't detected the card at all.
Not even the usual message "New USB device" shows up as it should.

Oh, and one last thing, My father purchased it off eBay, so I assume it's used.
Oh, and I'm also using Windows 98. (xp crashed)

Help ?!

The version on the floppy is buggy. Get the newest version from their website.
Version 1.61 (http://www.hkems.com/files/GC%20Menory%20Adaptor%20V1.61.exe)

Also leave the usb card unplugged until after your pc boots up. Install the software, then connect the usb card to the pc and when it asks for drivers or whatever, point it to the GCMlnk.exe. From there you should be good to go. On a side note do NOT use the "Backup Card" feature. If you try to restore from that you will corrupt your card and it will then have to be reforamtted which means you will no longer be able to use your old saves. Just slect the files individually and select "backup Saver" then to restore a file use "Upload Saver".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-18 10:03 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jan 19, 2004, 02:52 AM
For me, the newer version gave me more problems than the earliest version I have (which I have been using), and it also doesn't have the annoying feature to where it reloads the list after you backup a save. Although, it was rather amazing how many times the software messed up while trying to get the list of saves from the card while I was getting all the mag snapshots from it.

VioletSkye
Jan 19, 2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah, it does have a tendency to glitch every so often (and thats true of every version I've used.) which is why I also keep my items backed up on 3 memory cards that are used only for that purpose. I labeled them inventory and I don't use them for any other game.