PDA

View Full Version : P-Wand- Common?

kitomaka_ck
Jan 18, 2004, 03:35 PM
I have only seen 4 or 5 forces using one, EVER. Is it really that common ? This is also considering I spent the first 3 quarters of 2003 in Vega, and I still saw very few... where do you people see them all ? ?

Jarek
Jan 18, 2004, 03:44 PM
well, i've spent a lot of time looking for one, so for now i'm using a duped one. i still plan on finding my own someday, but i've yet to see someone have a legit one.
and i usually don't see a lot of others with them either.

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 04:15 PM
Erm...other than a novelty item, I wouldn't bother, its really not a good weapon. Ask any veteran FO on this board, they will tell in great detail why. AND, a p-wand is nigh impossible to get.
Luke

Solstis
Jan 18, 2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the P-wand is rarely used, except as a gag or by "experts." I prefer the CS-Wand for all the TP stealing goodness.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2004, 06:10 PM
for a force above level 150, P wand is the best force weapon you could ever have, in terms of casting attack techs. you will have enough HP to cast about 10-20 techs before resta, and the RA bost is wonderfull, expacially for FOnewms. Sorcerers Cane -is- better, but only on FOmars, due to the GI boost and 10% cut on techs.

i know a lot of FOmarls that use P wand, it isnt that unpopular, in my opinion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-01-18 15:10 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2004, 06:27 PM
RA-tech boosts are nice, yeah, but your techs are -still- goind to do fsck-all for damage online. When you're spamming L28 Gifoie, you're a FOmar, the monsters are weak to Foie-types, you've got a Red Merge on and you've got nearly 1000 MST, and then you're doing less than 200 damage and burning an entire TP bar and part of another to kill two Sinow Zoas, you realize just how retardedly ineffective techs can be online. Hell, Zero does better -meleeing- online than he does with his techs, and this is using crap weapons and mediocre gear. You're better off meleeing if you can manage it, and finding HUs/RAs to kill everything for you if you can't. And I loathe Rafoie spam from FOs unless there's a legitimate reason for it(Floor 8 of East Tower, for example, to keep the Del Lillies occupied). There almost never is. If J/Z doesn't work on it or it's a boss, ok, I'll not be offended if you spam techs at it, but if you're doing it in the level and damage cancelling the HU's 700 damage with 300 of yours... I'm going to start hating you, lol.

Actually, IMO, if we're talking boosts and TP cost reduction, provided you're not a FOnewearl and you have some way of avoiding/dealing with the random status effects, the Dark Bridge is a better weapon, particularily in Ep2. Megid is actually effective on most things in Ep2, particularily in Seabed, and if you don't have it naturally, the Bridge makes it penetrate, as well as having the same TP reduction effect as the Psycho Wand, but taking only half the cost from HP as opposed to the full cost. Doesn't sound like much, yeah? And then you ponder techs that cost 76 TP and such.

But yeah, Psycho Wand is overrated IMO, and I also almost never see FOs with it... Hell, I don't even bother having a duped one to play around with, it disinterests me that much. I'd rather have a C-sorc's Cane, especially since my main FO is a FOmar and for the most part I prefer the Gi-techs to their normal and Ra- counterparts(Gibarta however does suck, Rabarta or Barta are much better). *shrug*

Just my ten meseta. YMMV. But I'd rather see a Soul Eater in your hands than a Psycho Wand. Or better yet, a Striker of Chao or Marina's Bag or something that says "Hi! I'm here to actually be useful to the team!". Much like how my FOmar doesn't leave P2 without a Resta Merge.(And no weapons, actually, since he casts faster without 'em)

VulpesMundi
Jan 18, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-01-18 13:15, L_evans wrote:
Erm...other than a novelty item, I wouldn't bother, its really not a good weapon. Ask any veteran FO on this board, they will tell in great detail why. AND, a p-wand is nigh impossible to get.
Luke

On the contrary, it's quite the opposite. As one of the earliest people to legitimately find one, my Psycho Wand has been an invaluable weapon (ie. it's priceless, and I wouldn't give it up for the world). A 30% bonus to Ra-type techs and a halved TP cost is nothing to take lightly. I think one of the biggest reason few people use it is because few people actually find it. The majority of people who actually have one use a hacked/duped one and give it to a low level force that has low HP. That's the thing right there. The Psycho Wand has a 900 MST requirement because it's not meant to use it on a low level force with pathetic HP. Now on a level 100+ FO that has over 1000 HP (beit using God/HP units), it's quite a useful weapon. They aren't going to accidentally kill themselves when the Psycho Wand drains their HP. Besides, you'll probably find more people using the Dark Bridge. Similar weapon, but it's a bigger draw to people who want cool weapons since it still hasn't been proven to be a legitimately findable weapon.

Razorwood
Jan 19, 2004, 07:26 AM
I have 2 legit pwands and my FOnewm would be lost without it. One has 15% hit and ill be happy to show it to anyone that doesnt believe me.

I normally play in EU Spica 05-01 8pm GMT onwards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razorwood on 2004-01-19 04:27 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
Jan 19, 2004, 10:21 AM
On 2004-01-18 15:28, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2004-01-18 13:15, L_evans wrote:
Luke

On the contrary, it's quite the opposite. As one of the earliest people to legitimately find one, my Psycho Wand has been an invaluable weapon (ie. it's priceless, and I wouldn't give it up for the world). A 30% bonus to Ra-type techs and a halved TP cost is nothing to take lightly. I think one of the biggest reason few people use it is because few people actually find it. The majority of people who actually have one use a hacked/duped one and give it to a low level force that has low HP. That's the thing right there. The Psycho Wand has a 900 MST requirement because it's not meant to use it on a low level force with pathetic HP. Now on a level 100+ FO that has over 1000 HP (beit using God/HP units), it's quite a useful weapon. They aren't going to accidentally kill themselves when the Psycho Wand drains their HP. Besides, you'll probably find more people using the Dark Bridge. Similar weapon, but it's a bigger draw to people who want cool weapons since it still hasn't been proven to be a legitimately findable weapon.

I agree with VulpesMundi: Its for high level forces only. I have a FOmarl (137) with 1140 hp, then the Psycho Wand (not legit) is actually very good usable.
And though not many people like the HP decreasing, its power cannot be equalled!!! THIS IS THE WEAPON FOR A FORCE WHO FIGHTS ON TECHS! (you got to learn to fight with it though)
As for the point on finding it: errr... NO, I can only say: "the one chance of finding it (i guess vulpes can confirm, dont know - otherwise hes lucky) is to have a purplnum character." Go for the mil lily in caves. (pipe) The chances are 1/205. Its hard to find, but then again, if you find it, you have one of THE best weapons in the game! To find it with other ID's its hopeless. 1/12000 and up (1/299,593 anyone?) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PatserGOUKI

-Luke-
Jan 19, 2004, 11:26 AM
I don't have a FO, nor a P-wand. But, I have seen many threads proclaiming this and that about the P-wand, and I have seen Ian-kunx's arguments as well, and they make sense to me. Although with over 1000 HP, I can see how it would be good. Even as my HUcast I've never had 1000 HP. Then again he was only lvl 90 something...
Luke

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:18 PM
I think I know what it does, AND I DON'T want one. I was just wondering how the heck everyone is saying "OMG th0s3 d4mn VEGA n00b5 using pwand all the time" when I never see anyone use one...

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2004, 03:25 PM
all the replies saying what it does and proclaiming its greatness proves that a lot of people use it, you probably are just playing with players who havent found it yet, legitly or from another person.

KingChaos
Jan 19, 2004, 04:29 PM
there are loads of people with them on xbox uk

TekkamanBlade
Jan 19, 2004, 06:23 PM
P -Wand is not hard to get at all. I found my first P -wand after about 15-25 mil lilys. Im not online either. I use P-wad all the time with my force but its a FOmarl so its not really a TRUE force i u know what i mean. Shes more of a Hunter with high MST. But i thinks its an awsome weapon.

PatserGOUKI
Jan 20, 2004, 06:00 AM
On 2004-01-19 15:23, TekkamanBlade wrote:
P -Wand is not hard to get at all. I found my first P -wand after about 15-25 mil lilys. Im not online either. I use P-wand all the time with my force but its a FOmarl so its not really a TRUE force i u know what i mean. Shes more of a Hunter with high MST. But i thinks its an awsome weapon.

As I told before, it VERY HARD TO GET, only not for PURPLENUM. For other ID's it's nearly impossible!
Just as the Heaven Punisher, its only obtainable "fairly" easy by BLUEFULL - Hildetor.
Otherwise it's also nearly impossible.

As for using it with a fomarl, she can use other weapons very good, but with the P-Wand she also will get a true force!
Its indeed an awesome weapon, underestimated by a lot of people. And only usable by higher level forces http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PatserGOUKI

Armok
Jan 20, 2004, 08:22 AM
Its the best force weopon in the game unless your stupid and are not using resta enough.

On the ideal Fonewman U want
Psycho wand
Smoking Plate
4 god hps
Any Ra Merge
Mind mag

Nothing is better

Zarana
Jan 20, 2004, 02:07 PM
If you want to be a technique-driven Force, this is probably the best weapon in the game. Especially if you have an innate Resta or Anti boost. The TP cut is invaluable and the DFP boost if huge, putting most other caster's equipment completely to shame.

Good luck finding it, though. 99.99% of people who have a Psycho Wand are using a dupe.

heyf00L
Jan 20, 2004, 02:07 PM
It's great for FOnewms (maybe FOnewearls), but I wouldn't use it on any other type. The reason being I wouldn't seriously try to fight with techs on a different force. FOnewms with PWand and RAfoie merge can actually do damage to enemies. The way I see it FOmar is the melee force, FOmarl is the melee-support combo force, FOnewm is the casting force, FOnewearl is the casting-support combo force. You can use a force however you like, but I think this is how they were intended to be used.