PDA

View Full Version : A Mail from Sonic Team, Cheater or a Hacker Attack?

Profondo
Apr 13, 2001, 12:03 AM
Hi!

I'm Italian, so excuse me for my bad English. Today something strange happened . I start with a new character (only lvl. 25 so far). While im playing I received a Simple Mail. The sender was ^

I don't know anyone with the name ^
Only 5 friends of mine have my guild card so I wondered who was able to mail me.

He/She wrotes "come to 16-7-5" (Ship16, Block 7, Lobby 5).

I go there and the lobby was full of people! They were asking "What are we doing here?" "Why did you call us?" "What does this mean?"

There were Americans, Japanese, French and so on. The guy who mailed us was a small white girl, Lvl. 100, Japanese, Name: ^

She communicates only with symbol chat (death symbols, skulls and stuff).
Someone wrote "She will kill your data"...

So I wanna ask you: What does this mean? Was that a guy from Sonic Team or a stupid cheater/Hacker?
How is it possible to mail someone even if you don't have his Guild Card!?!? And to hundreds of people at the same time!

Jijitina
Apr 13, 2001, 12:35 AM
It isn't a person from Sonic Team. They would never stoop that low.

It might be a hacker... I can't be sure....

SaitoH
Apr 13, 2001, 12:37 AM
Sounds like someone else, found out how to do spam simple mail. Just like MAXIMA has done in the US. Pro'ly just trying ta freak people out.

Sonic team people are supposed to have they're name in blue letters. (I think) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Fubuki
Apr 13, 2001, 08:43 AM
ahhh.. there was someone that had the same thing happen to them.. how utterly annoying.

PuRgE
Apr 13, 2001, 11:08 AM
Yep, the same thing happen to me last night,
I receive a mail from a guy name "0" with the message "dot & zero" or something like this, i didn't responsed, its very annoying, i hope sega will stop that before it gets out of hand

FroMaster
Apr 13, 2001, 02:56 PM
ya. i got mail from this person i dont even know and the message was "i know how to pk now" or something like that.