PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: Origin of your character(s)'s name

anwserman
Jan 19, 2004, 02:41 AM
What drove you to name your characters the way you did?

Margarita: Thought it sounded exotic for the slutty HUnewearl. Honestly, the HUnewearl's whore factor never factored in until somebody brought it up that the HUnewearls are hoochie-mamas. [HUnewearl]

Kelli: Named after one of my friends, whose name is "Kelli", and is an Oran ID... incase I ever find that Olga Flow drop. [FOnewearl]

Mitch: Named after another one of my friends, felt like creating a male character. It was also a Greennill ID, which I never had before. Plus the HUmar has spikey hair too, like my friend. [HUmar]

Tara: Named after the fallen character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Was a Skyly ID, which I need to find the J-Sword. Was originally a RAmarl, but I hate rangers and converted her into a HUnewearl. Even though she should have really been a FOrce (wicca = force), Skyly is a HUnter's ID and I didn't want another female force. [HUnewearl]

Matthew: Named after Matthew Sheppard... I really shouldn't have to say too much about that now (I don't want to start a huge discussion.) I did a report on him in high-school, found out he was a *very* smart person, and made him into a Force. [FOmar]

P.S. I figured there was a topic like this a while back but I've never seen one myself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RadHaz
Jan 19, 2004, 04:11 AM
My main char is a HUnew named Aeka Masaki. I'm a long time Tenchi Muyou! fan.

-Luke-
Jan 19, 2004, 04:13 AM
HUmar:Donoph , cos Donoph rocks. And three spaces because I am cheap and wanted him to be a SKYLY. Heh.

Luke

Superguppie
Jan 19, 2004, 04:16 AM
I basicaly have 3 families of names.
The first is the Superguppy family. I have been using that nickname for over 10 years and it seemed appropriate that I used it again. Since the name as it is is often already in use I use the Dutch spellint with ie at the end. Superguppie even has his own email address with my ISP... Apart from the original name I have some char with names derived from it.
For the record, I used to be a bit of an airplane freak, and the Superguppy was the most freaky plane around, (it's a B29 remodeled for supertransport tasks) so the choice was easy.
The second family has a more recent origin and is also a freaky plane. It's the Beluga. It's basicaly the successor to the Superguppy. It's made by Airbus. Again I have several chars with different derivations of the original name
The third family is one aimed at getting the ID right, and letting it show in the name itself. For instance: WHiTe is a Withill...

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2004, 04:17 AM
Matt, HUmar - My own name...meh, pathetic I know, but this was I name I quickly came up with while playing multimode. I hope to change it to Eihwaz, which is derived from a sacred rune on a god's sword.

Shade, FOnewm - Sounds cool, slightly borrowed from the novel "Shade's Children". It got Pinkal (-.-) which seemed a good idea at the time.

Arc, FOmar - Just something I made up. Sounds fairly cool.

Cassandra, HUnewearl - Just a nice female name that gets Skyly.

Neo Rei
Jan 19, 2004, 04:50 AM
My FOnewm Rei, from Dreamcast days, was originally intended to have a certain similarity to Sonic Team's NiGHTS and a similar (like if that was possible) facial expression to NG Evangelion's Ayanami Rei. So, I named the char Rei. Later on, when playing with American people I was asked what did "Rei" mean. I replied it was king in my native language (which is true). Then, I was told "rei" stands for "zero" in japanese. And the character was destined to be "the king zero".

Neo Rei, my FOmar, from the Gamecube is pretty much like the original thing. I just named him neo because neo is greek (or latin or whatever, I forgot) for new. The new king zero. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RFB
Jan 19, 2004, 05:22 AM
Hmm.. Most of my characters get their names from the anime serie "Cowboy Bebop". RFB is an example of it, it comes from the ending song, "The Real Folk Blues", which is actually my real nick, but there are many places where I can put it, due to it's extension. In those cases, I use RFB.

Apart from that, I've had a Tank!(The opening song) I have a guy named "Space Cowboy", a HUcaseal named "E. Obilwon"... etc.

There are only 2 characters in my whole life in PSO whose names werent brought from Cowboy Bebop: My first char, a FOmarl named "Motoko", from Ghost In The Shell (I had recently seen the movie when I created her), and a HUnewearl named "Kerrigan"(Obviously, from Starcraft).

PatserGOUKI
Jan 19, 2004, 05:57 AM
Hi,

I have 4 charas:
PatserGOUKI (ramar) Long story, but a mate called a online friend patser. Patser = dutch word, means: guy who shows of a lot! Gouki is my own nickname for a long time. That's why I called him PatserGOUKI, and ofcourse I wanted REDRIA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rogue Ver2 (fomarl), my sster made a character named rogue, in the original PSO. She named her after Rogue from the X-men. Though it gave purplenum, I thought of a Ver2 behind the name. And I wanted an oran chara, so...

Magneto (humar), I wanted a pinkal chara, and I thought also of a x-men character, the cool evil magneto. So ez...

Shinji (fomar), another creation of my sister. She liked the game, I told her to make any chara, with any name she wanted...

PatserGOUKI

kingmurp
Jan 19, 2004, 06:14 AM
I have four that are inspired by numerous things.

Iris-(Hunney) Named after my first RPG character/ and the part of your eye.

Umi-(Fonewearl) Magic Knight Rayearth nuff said

Piastol-(Ramarl) Skies of Arcadia Directors Cut.

Fate-(Hucast) kinda random name that I decide would work.

Nai_Calus
Jan 19, 2004, 06:43 AM
I have a bunch. 3 memcards, heh. >_>;

Let's see.

Ian-Kun X: HUmar. Ian-Kun X is the nickname I use everywhere, and the character was based off of me, so. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have not capitalized the K. Would have had WHITILL then instead of ORAN.

Zero: FOmar. It seemed like a good idea at the time? He's actually not -directly- named after Zero from Megaman X, heh. Indirectly. It's a complicated story that will make no sense unless you were around for it. Besides, it got me REDRIA, lol.

IanChan: FOnewm on Ver.2. Another based off me char. The YELLOWBOZE ID matched his outfit, heh.

Ian-chan X: My second FOnewm, GC, recreated. It was PINKAL.

ERI: RAmarl. I know someone who goes by the name Eri, but the char wasn't actually named after her. It just sounded good, and got PURPLENUM. Amusingly enough, ERI looks somewhat Ep2 Elly-ish, and 'ERI' is how one romanizes Elly's name in Japanese. (Which is why her last name in my fanfic is Hito, 'person', heh)
Persephone: FOnewearl. Sounded good and got WHITILL. *shrug*

Fluffy : HUmar. YELLOWBOZE. The first human version of Ian-Kun X's Rati, Fluffy. Has four spaces, ew. He makes my Rati.

Fluffy: FOmar. VIRIDIA. More a chat/RP char than anything else.

Helios: FOmar. SKYLY. Originally part of a pair with a matching FOnewearl named Selene. Unintentional Calus clone, heh. Pondering recreating him for... The same character. >_>; He's max-statted and too tall, so.

EOS: HUcaseal. Got me GREENNILL, and Eos was the Greek goddess of the dawn, and she looks somewhat appropriate for that.

CALLIOPEIA: FOmarl. More Greekness. BLUEFULL. Calliopeia/Calliope was the Muse of Epic Poetry.

Kal'Roth-ylt: RAcast. SKYLY. I wanted a SKYLY who could eventually actually -solo- in Ult(FOmars, even max-statted, do not do so well online... Heh.), and I was playing around with a random fantasy name generator playing with bad names. It was actually Kal-roth'ylt that came out, but I rearranged it a bit and capitalized the R for SKYLY. Poor Kal, heh.

Eolwyn: Melee FOnewm. I wanted YELLOWBOZE and something that sounded Tolkein-ish, so I played around with that until I found one I liked that resulted in YELLOWBOZE.

...What the hell am I still doing up? *passes out*

OriginalLacan
Jan 19, 2004, 07:02 AM
-Lacan: comes from the game Xenogears. One of the past lives of the main character Fei, existing during the era of sophia and the rise of Nisan, and eventually becoming Grahf, the seeker of power.
The name of my original character on dreamcast.

-ShibaMomiji: name of my sister, momiji, combined with the name our shiba inu, also named momiji aka momo. Originally my sister's character untill she left to visit relatives in Yokohama. I tried out the hune, and never looked back. After gaining 60levels with her, I made her make another character when she got back. Yes, I'm a bastard, but i pay rent so I can do that ;p

-ZephyrOfTime: Decribes the gentle almost imperceptable passing of time. Also chosen because no one else on pso has it, and it has a poetic ring to it. Rolls off the tongue much better than SSJGoku4EVER or Sephiroth and it's fun to watch illiterate people try to pronounce it.

rhymmney
Jan 19, 2004, 08:53 AM
Oh you guys are so funny.. my names are just plain silly usually and have significance to me only. My first char (Rhymmney-hunawearl) was used b/c it was my char from another rpg and named for a town in Wales where my family was from(kinda, sorta). Rhym was just a nickname for my ramarl. Then my other card became a little people card for some reason and I named them Slinky-hunawearl(and by then I knew enough and was advised to get a redria), Arietty(ramarl) named after a small character from the Borrowers movie(and book), and Merlot-racaseal- who kicks monster azz(ha ha ha). Merlot is, of course, wine for those old enough to know and drink it. I just make a char... look at it and pick a name that I think is just interesting-not too much more thought than that, really, because I play to have fun and figure I can get things I need from my posse if I really need it. I get lots of nicknames when using my Rhymmney because sometimes I think the spelling is difficult and awkward so often it becomes Rhy in rooms cause no one wants to spell it out. ok.. nuff

GrandWarlock
Jan 19, 2004, 09:25 AM
My main character is a RAmar named Vincent, after the mysterious Vincent Valentine, but all of my other characters I just named and created them off the top of my head. Except Lord Chumley but that's a long story.

Mindcooler
Jan 19, 2004, 09:41 AM
Every one of my character names is a four-letter word.

Jens - That's my name. Long dead b/c of deletion.
Maia - Character name from PS3
Mieu - Character name from PS3
Sari - Character name from PS3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mindcooler on 2004-01-19 06:44 ]</font>

gallaugher
Jan 19, 2004, 09:57 AM
KPG - RAmarl. Those are my initials & I wanted Redria.
Jaqr - HUcaseal. I wanted Yellowboze & made it up.
Q - RAcast. I needed a Greenill to make a Hamburger mag.
GREX-UNIT-22 - HUcast. Too hard to explain.
Samurai Sumo - FOmar. Joke character.
Ward - HUnewearl. Old name from my DC days.
Master Bates - RAmar. Another joke character.

Ayaname
Jan 19, 2004, 10:05 AM
Ayaname[HUneweral]: I named her while I was watching Evangelion and Onegai Twins. I wanted her to be a bit like Rei Ayanami and Mina Miafujin. So, I combined Mina and Ayanami to come up with Ayaname(Big difference, I know).

Hitosi[RAcaseal]: I was looking through my Anime catalouge for names for characters, and I saw this name. I decided to use it, not much here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ElizaBluefull
Jan 19, 2004, 10:25 AM
I posted this in another thread but I will just do the name for my main char. Eliza is the female lead of my Morrowind fanfic. She is a High Elven Grand Divina (spellcaster supreme). While she specializes in destructive magic, her natural talent allows her to excel at healing/support magic. And she even knows how to do a little melee if she is forced to get her hands dirty. I figured that would work for a FOmarl, but when I made her, I was just a noob who liked the fact that it was a pretty spellcaster girl. I couldn't think of an anime name for her so I went with that.

Edit: She is a bluefull because I accidentally left a space after her name. I tried to fit her last name, Darkedge, in to the actual char name but it did not work. She would have been greenill if I got the space removed. Now all I ever get to drop besides my nice stuff is gae bolg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ElizaBluefull on 2004-01-19 07:55 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Jan 19, 2004, 10:31 AM
D. Knight- Short for Dragon Knight...and of course. My screen name in all things internet.

The harem- Various normal names (i.e. Sara, Ruby, Lilly, ect.) that really only give me a certain section ID. In whatever flavor of the day I like.

Squeege
Jan 19, 2004, 11:09 AM
My characters are just ramdom names I liked. Except for Squeege which is indeed my name, most of the time.
Squeege-My main character. The name Squeege is just so cool and it's original. Created it 5-6 years ago. Although I have heard of other Squeeges going around. Makes me so angry.(RAmar)

Chiho-second character.just a name we liked(RAcaseal)

Alice-As of above, but we did not derive this from Alicia Baz, named her before I knew about her(FOmarl)

Lyme-Just wanted another ID so I kept naming him diseases till I got oran.(HUcast)

Sayara
Jan 19, 2004, 11:32 AM
Eh, My 3 Characters are rather... unoriginal...

Tingle- If you remember Puzzle Bobble '99 (the one with the many other video game characters)
I could of sworn the quiz girl name was Tingle, however after replaying the game her names were Chincle and Twinkle... xx;; Oh well, Tingle's still a cute name (unless they think your that evil Zelda Tingle)

Twinkle c And So She was Born! Twinkle c. was the only way i could get of gotten pinkal.. So I did! c is short for Chincle. Which will kinda be a last name!

Usada- Well in DevvyArt i saw a picture of Dejiko as a Ranger. So i decided, why not make Usada (Rabi-en-Rose) one too! So other than her height and pale-ness shes kinda repersenting her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tingle on 2004-01-20 15:04 ]</font>
________
UNCLE FUCKS NEPHEW (http://www.fucktube.com/video/9908/gay-uncle-fucks-nephew)

astuarlen
Jan 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
I know I've posted something like this before, but what the heck, I love these kinds of threads. ^o^

Aurora (Inactive) - First PSO character (FOmarl) on DC, named for an old RP character

Astarlan (Corrupted) - First GC character (RAmarl) - I was going to name her Astaroth (NOT after the Soul Calibur character) but I wanted something less harsh sounding, so I changed "oth" to "lan". >.>

Astuarlen - Created to replace Astarlan, who corrupted in January ;_; - Also a RAmarl – For some unknown reason, I had the urge to make a bluefull, so I messed around with the letters in Astarlan (Skyly). Gogo, Gae Bolgs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CoachZ (Deleted) – Green HUcast made for C-mode – Named after Coach Z of http://www.homestarrunner.com fame

Shadanjar – HUnewearl created on a whim – Random name thought up for Yellowboze

Hathor – Name chosen from Egyptian mythology for Purplenum ID (I have yet to hunt for anything with her <.<)

Eylfrith – “Eyl” (Random prefix I came up with) + “Frith” (Peace) – Quite an inappropriate name for one who deals death – I went for Whitill because of drops like Rico’s Glasses and Earrings, though, like Hathor, I haven’t hunted for anything yet :b

HAMiLTON – Named in honor of your (dead L) friend and mine, Alexander Hamilton. ^o^ Capitalization chosen for Redria ID.

Jezreel – C-Mode HUcaseal – Jezreel is the name of one of the sons (I guess he should be a HUcast) of Hosea (Biblical prophet) – Name means “Shameful Butchery”! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

3.141592653 – Hmm, maybe I was hungry (XD) when I made this one, or maybe just feeling a bit loopy – Pi kind of started out as a joke character (I was just playing around with the “Auto” character creation feature) but I’m rather fond of him now. The fact that he’s a pinkal FOmar is a bonus.

Sincerity – Another C-mode Hucaseal – I wanted a silly name that gave me Purplenum. (Too bad Chastity was the wrong sec ID)

I think that about sums it up. XP
(Curse you, auto-refresh!)

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 19, 2004, 12:21 PM
Oh my... Here we go...

Meira: I actually took this name from a female character in a book I had been semi-seriously writing when I started playing PSO (In fact, Meira was a princess in that book). Originally, I got the name by re-arranging the letters in the name, "Marie", which was the middle name of a girlfriend I had recently broken up with, but still had a thing for at the time.

Crankshaft: I actually wanted to name him "Clutch", but PSO wouldn't let me, for some reason. Then he became "Fender", but that particular Dreamcast memory card was doomed, so I chose another name of an obscure car part when I re-named him, and thus Crankshaft was born. This is also why there is a FOnewm in The Recollection of Crankshaft named "Fender Clutch".

VanGarrett: VanGarrett is actually the name I usually go by online. The idea for the name came one day while talking to a friend of mine during my Sophmore year of high school. He said we should start a band. I liked the idea, but I was skeptical that either one of us really had sufficient talent to accomplish the job, and therefore, by merging my name with the name of my favorite band (Van Halen), I said to him, "What are we going to call it? Van Garrett?" I later needed a new screen name for AOL, and because the letter limit was fewer in those days, I removed the space to make it fit without having to misspell my name. Thus, I had "VanGarrett".

Paladin: I searched long and hard for a name that could be compared to "Dragoon" in meaning, but also varied in meaning to portray the characters' personality differences. The word, "Dragoon" refers to an elite feudal warrior/knight, compared to a dragon, whereas the word "Paladin" is an elite holy warrior/knight. I also named another friend's matching HUcast, "Akolyte", which refers to a sorceror's assitant, and just sounds really really evil. For the record, the first of these HUcasts to be created was "Dragoon" on the Dreamcast. When my brother-in-law made him, he got the name from the Protoss unit in Starcraft.

Zinkin: This character was actually named after a project I was working on at work. The real Zinkin is a lawyer by the name "Dewayne Zinkin", who had us designing the parking lot for a shopping center on some land he owned here in Fresno, California. Lawyers aren't the best people to work for (fall behind a day, and they start getting the paperwork together to sue you), but I really liked his name, so my FOmar received it.

Mota Storm: I think this name has a nice ring to it. "Mota" is a reference to "Motavia", from the Algol system of the earlier games in the Phantasy Star series. Motavia is a desert planet in the series, and I get the abbreiviation from Phantasy Star 2. "Mota Storm" therefore becomes, "Desert Storm", the original War in the Gulf. More than anything else, I really love the way it sounds.

Allanque: I actually found this name while researching for a name for Paladin. I stumbled across it on Pantheon.org (The Encyclopedia Mythica). Evidently, in some random culture's mythology, "Allanque" is some sort of goddess of mercy, or something. Quite specifically, Allanque refers to a star. This is also where I get the quote, "I am a star-- I see the world at night, and I offer my meek light to those in the darkness."

Kataclyn: This character is supposed to have a rather tragic and troubled life. "Kataclyn" is a mutation I cooked up on the word, "Cataclysm". Another name that I really like.

Ceres: Greek goddess of Hearth and Home. Seemed appropriate for a HUcaseal, for some reason.

Tacitura: Another mutation on a word I would use to describe the character in question. The original word was "Taciturn".

Ms. Weilder: This name had no inspiration, really. It just sounded really good when mentioned in The Recollection of Meira. After getting images in my head while listening to certain songs in my car, Ms. Weilder became my FOmarl.

Randon: Randon Bragwin is actually one of my standard characters. Usually when I make a "Randon Bragwin" character in a game, he's a big tough guy, typically standing at 6'4", and instead of being fast, he's strong and can take great amounts of damage (heck, one version of the character woke up one day, and decided he wanted to *walk* from South Africa to California-- and he did). This is in contrast to my standard "Jube Acinonyx" character, who customarily begins with great speed, and moves onward from there. The name itself was a contrast to a previous girlfriend's character, "Constance". The last name was a mistaken spelling of a Phantasy Star 4 character's last name-- Alys Brangwin. The original version of Randon was supposed to be a distant cousin of Alys.

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:33 PM
Fine, fookin auto refresh.

3 Current characters:
Sonus Noctis - Sound of the night
YaslafArakov - What? Stop staring at me
625-Sandwich - Ill get a link for it soon

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:43 PM
ok, HERE (http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/liloandstitch/games/sandwichstacker/index.html)

Kadou
Jan 19, 2004, 12:43 PM
Kadou dates back to my second (but first often-used) character in an old online RPing community. Since then, I've used it for almost everything I do online that requires a username.

ladyjaderiver
Jan 19, 2004, 12:56 PM
Demi comes from Demeter, my favourite character in the musical "Cats". Besides, all my friends (and even my mom and dad) call me Demi, so it makes sense to name one of my characters that.

Sanosuke (mispelled as Sanoske with two spaces tacked on the end to get yellowboze) comes from my being a rabid fangirl of Rurouni Kenshin.

Enriqueta is my favourite Spanish name, so I named my HUcaseal that.

Liger ZERO is named after the Liger ZERO in ZOIDs ZERO/New Century. *huggles model of Liger ZERO*

Megumi - see Sanosuke. *laughs*

Cuicatl. Now this one's probably going to make everyone think I'm weird, but "cuicatl" (swee-caht[l]) is the Nahuatl/Aztec word for "song". I had a FOmarl named Chalchihuitl (kahl-kee-weet[l]) once, too... That's an Aztec word for "jade".

Kakashi is, rather lamely, named after Hatake Kakashi from Naruto.

My friends' characters are:

Ehecatl, which is the Aztec word for "wind".

Eurynome, whose name comes from an ancient goddess of life. None of us have any idea how one actually pronounces this word, just for the record.

Naomi, who is so named because it means "beautiful" in some mid-eastern language.

Mirza. Her name comes from T.S. Eliot's poems about Jellicle Cats. Mirza Murad Alibeg was one of the names he gave in those poems.

Blitzkommando
Jan 19, 2004, 01:02 PM
kuribo - Named after Kuribo's Shoe from SMB3. That and it gets Skyly for my HUnewearl.

Wai Lin - My HUcaseal. Unlike what many people think she is not named after the Wai Lin from Tomorrow Never Dies. I just randomly picked a name off of the top of my head and it turned out to be Skyly.

Gordon - My main RAmar. Named after Gordon Freeman of the Half-Life game. Looks like him too.

artillerist - My new main RAmarl. She took the reigns after my old RAmarl corrupted. German for gunner and a space at the end for Greennill ID.

Lendis
Jan 19, 2004, 01:16 PM
Kero Kero: racast frogbot 2.0! sounded like a funny name for a racst.. it stuck.

Kaouri: testuso's girlfreind.. and a whittil

Hata: just happened to be watching patlabor and it happened to be a skyly as well

Sasha: redria. had a hard time finding a redria name.. so ym wife said. use mine.. viola.. redria!

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 19, 2004, 01:21 PM
This is an interesting topic.

The name "Liquid Bacon" came about on the GameCube version when a HUmar named SOURCE was leading the Battle community with 500+ wins. I mocked/amused him by battling under the name "teh SOURCE", a character that looked exactly like his. Eventually, he took a liking to me and taught me everything he knew about Battle mode. For a while, we played together a lot. One thing he insisted on, however, was that I use my own unique name from then on. So, we brainstormed for a minute and the first silly/unique thing that popped into our heads was "Liquid Bacon". It was just weird and unique enough to stick.

The name "Bacon Bit" (my FOmar), was actually a name somebody used to mock me in the same fashion that I mocked SOURCE. Instead of taking offense, I liked the name, and used it on my FOmar. I haven't seen the "fake" Bacon Bit since.

I don't enjoy using names inspired by characters of other games, or names that are supposed to sound "deep" or "overly Japanesey". While I don't mind seeing other players named "Vyse", "Chroicullus" or "Yusuke-chan", I don't use such names myself. I try to stick to unique and fun names, especially with my C-Mode characters, who I will be deleting anyway. So watch out for Happy Fun, Mr. Big (tiny RAcast), and many others.

navci
Jan 19, 2004, 02:31 PM
Whoa, everyone based their name on some kinda thing. I made all mine up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And Liquid Bacon, all your names sound edible. Yum.

Hm. Okay's let's see....

R'aan - Was my first character on GC, I wanted a Pinkal, I wanted a name started with R, then I mixed and matched the letters. For some odd reason I liked the ' in a name, and after some mixing and matching, I got R'aan and it sounded like a fair name. And when I remake him and wanted a Whitill, I just added two spaces. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Si'ev - my main FOnewm. Back in the DC days I had one named Si'an, which is some story character I made up who is a sorcerer of some sort. But then it gaves purplenum, so I played with the letters a bit and resulting in Redria... and Si'ev it is.

Zu - when I made my HUcast, I want some one syllable name. Zu just popped up. Later on, I did find out Zu is some sort of god of winds in some eastern mythology. And, if you pronounce the Z like the German, you can say Zu like Japanese say "two". (Tsu) And he is the second unit of his kind, so it kinda all works out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nona 00 - ... the 00 is really lame, but I did it solely for Purplenum. And, as the name, didn't give too much thought into it, just made it up, sounds nice, and went ahead with it.

-type c- - Er. From fanfic idea. Type C is the third of its kind.... so. Nothing really big here.

Reine - I wanted to name R'aan 2 Reine, it's a whitill name and it sounds nice. But then people insisted Reine is not good for a guy's name. So, well, when I started Ep 3, I made Reine into a FOnewearl.

,,, yay.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 19, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-01-19 11:31, navi wrote:
Zu - when I made my HUcast, I want some one syllable name. Zu just popped up. Later on, I did find out Zu is some sort of god of winds in some eastern mythology. And, if you pronounce the Z like the German, you can say Zu like Japanese say "two". (Tsu) And he is the second unit of his kind, so it kinda all works out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It might also interest you to know that in Phantasy Star 2, "Tsu" was one of the more interesting techniques. The description for the "Tsu" series in the instruction manual says that it channels the light from Algol's sun into a powerful beam. Some believe that "Tsu", "Githu" and "Nathu" are Phantasy Star 2's equivalent to "Grantsu" or rather, "Grantz".

Butoden
Jan 19, 2004, 02:43 PM
Butoden - Cuz it's my nickname
B@L - My lazy friend chose this name
Zone - Hunter needed SKYLY ID http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Jan 19, 2004, 04:50 PM
It might also interest you to know that in Phantasy Star 2, "Tsu" was one of the more interesting techniques. The description for the "Tsu" series in the instruction manual says that it channels the light from Algol's sun into a powerful beam. Some believe that "Tsu", "Githu" and "Nathu" are Phantasy Star 2's equivalent to "Grantsu" or rather, "Grantz".

Oh.
Zu: Yay. I am a FOcast afterall.

Ahem. Not.
But thanks for sharing this information!

SpyroDi
Jan 19, 2004, 05:58 PM
Since I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan,most of my characters' names are derived from many of the good characters.

Such as Asvel,Leaf,Selis,Machyua,Malitia,Oruen,Oushin,Shiv a,and so on. The only characters that aren't named after Fire Emblem characters is my C-mode HUnewearl Nei First (from PS2) and my legitimate RAmarl Kerrigan(from Starcraft). Any other characters I may make are usually for special events (Phanta-Claus,FOnewm)

Zebulan7
Jan 19, 2004, 06:14 PM
Zeb- named after Zebulan Pike, explorer who founded Pike's Peak.

Gavin- I like the name.

Phobeus- Don't know if I spelled this one right, named after Phobeus of Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Esmerelda- also from Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Oedipus- Ed-eh-fis, the main character from Oedipus Rex, The King which is a play

Kurosawa
Jan 19, 2004, 06:32 PM
Lutz , my FOmar, named after Lutz from the old PS games. I felt not enough people were naming their characters after the series that inspired PSO in the first place. I spaced after the name because i wanted Bluefull. Hey, I didn't know then it was a sucky ID! My DC Bluefull RAmar ruled!

Vex, my FOnewm from DC days, was just a name I made up. This was before the Vexx platform game came out. It was a take-off of Max, which is what I used to name my characters in RPG's if I had to name them.

Hitomi, my RAcaseal-my wife suggested the name.

Sunfire, my HUmar- I named him after Sunfire from X-Men.

Lilith, my HUcaseal-named after Lilith from Darkstalkers

Carmilla- named after the vampire in Sheridan
LeFanu's novel of the same name. I wanted a gothic HUnewearl.

JavaMoon
Jan 19, 2004, 07:23 PM
I'm only listing my main characters, since explaining the origins of them all would be too lengthy.

DC:

Kailin: My main character. A FOmarl. I named her after one of the name variants you can get in Dragon Warrior 2 for the princess of Moonbrooke. I always loved that character and thought the name to be very pretty.

GC:

Arisa: Another FOmarl. I originally thought of the name from the anime Fruits Basket, which has a female character named Uotani Arisa. She's ballsy, tough and independent. When it came down to it, only the name of my character is anything like her. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If only there was a lead pipe weapon, then maybe my FOmarl would fit the part better.

The_Pea_Guy
Jan 19, 2004, 07:24 PM
Lyle, RAmar - I named this character after Lyle, the Layan Prince of Shurosan from Phantasy Star 3.

Valkyrie, HUcaseal - I named her after the Valkyrie from the Norse myths. The Valkyrie are warrior-maidens who served Odin, a Norse god, by choosing slain warriors to reside into Valhalla, a warrior's heaven.

Hope, FOnewearl - I named her Hope because I thought it sounded cool. No special reason.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 19, 2004, 07:29 PM
Ransom: From the sci-fi book series(Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra and That Hideous Strength) by C.S. Lewis, Dr. Ransom was the name of the lead character. I didn't include the Dr. because I thought just Ransom sounded cooler for a FOmar. (FOmar)

Hnakra: Also from the C.S. Lewis books, it's the name of a mythical shark like creature that Dr. Ransom and Hyoi kill. I always liked the sound of it and it gave me the Oran ID I wanted. (HUcast)

Hyoi: Also from the C.S. Lewis books, Hyoi is a beaverish looking (at least he looks like that on the cover of the book) creature that teaches Ransom how to speak Malacadrian and also dies slaying the Hnakra. I didn't really want another name from the books for fear of seeming unoriginal but it did give me the whitill ID I wanted so I went with. I'm probably going to delete him soon and replace him with a Skyly/Redria RAcast. (RAmar)

DC:

Ramirez: Named after Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia.(HUcast)

Black Rider: I deleted ramirez and tried to play as a fonewearl but I missed the brute strength of a HUcast and was reading LOTR at the time so I made Black Rider. (HUcast)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-01-19 16:34 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2004, 10:30 PM
Marina Hojo: The main character from the video game "EVE: Burst Zero"

Grey: A model after Sil'fer, but I'm character her differently now though I don't know what the real Sil'fer is like.

Kibibyte: A daughter of one of my comic book characters, Sharkyland. Seems to carry the same hair style as Piastol from Skies of Arcadia.

Sharkyland: My comic book character & guardian angel (she).

Channel: Comic book character, fiancee of Sharkyland.

Schezo: The-one-they-call-pervert-but-not from Puyo Puyo a puzzle game developed by Compile which is finally dead. ;_;

Rosie: Forgot who I modeled this after.

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2004, 10:32 PM
On 2004-01-19 14:58, SpyroDi wrote:
Since I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan,most of my characters' names are derived from many of the good characters.

Such as Asvel,Leaf,Selis,Machyua,Malitia,Oruen,Oushin,Shiv a,and so on. The only characters that aren't named after Fire Emblem characters is my C-mode HUnewearl Nei First (from PS2) and my legitimate RAmarl Kerrigan(from Starcraft). Any other characters I may make are usually for special events (Phanta-Claus,FOnewm)

Hmm, I remember some of those names, kinda different spelling that I have in the artbooks that I have. I still haven't gotten the artbook for the sixth game the one where Roy is the main character.

Draco113
Jan 19, 2004, 11:27 PM
My guys name is Nova . I did 4 spaces for Skyly and i got his name from actions in the sky and cause nova was a great wrestler. It also sounds cool.

DarK-SuN
Jan 20, 2004, 02:44 AM
Fascinating topic.

<D@rK-SuN>
Originated from a REALLY OLD fanmade Transformer (yep, a character I made almost 20 years ago, maybe 18 or so) named Dark Sun.
Later the name evolved to <D@rK-SuN> thanks to Quake and the habits players had of making all those funny symbols in their names.
The name remained and I use it pretty much everywhere; it's the name of my second PSO character (yet, he's my main one), a RAcast, who you can see in my personal photo in my profile.

Ayanami
Many will say "Ayanami Rei!!!".
Could be, the similarities are indeed mind blowing, but alas it's pure coincidence.
The character originated from an original story I made almost 15 years ago of a girl with blueish (almost grey) hair and red eyes (I'm a sucker for red eyes in characters, go figure), plus I love japanese stuff.
The name began by being Aya only, but "evolved" to Ayanami; everyone calls her of Aya anyway.
This was my first PSO character back in DC PSOv1 JP.

BackLash
Again, many will say this came from the Marvel character with the same name; I have to say I was quite shocked when I found out Marvel had a character with this name about a month after creating the character.
Above all I'm also a story/fanfic writter, so when I create characters they usually originate in something I created in the past or something specific for a certain universe.
The name came from this character's past; he's an android with a very keen assassin sense, so I was going to call him "Back-Slash", but alas it sounded horrible thus becoming BackLash instead.

JyuYonKouki
Translating, "14th Machine" in japanese.
The 14th in a series of 22 HUcasts made specifically for a certain individual.

Kisaragi
A character I made before HUcaseals were playable, when the HUcaseal initial design was shown.
The name was chosen just because it's a japanese name I like; eventually it also became a big name for my PSO universe of characters, being Kisaragi the name of a "clan" of androids, this HUcaseal being the last remaining one.

Rei
Like it was said before by someone, Rei means zero in japanese.
This character is "individual Zero", thus named Rei; the prototype of a series of clones.

Moon Light
The opposite of Dark Sun.
This character was initially a fanmade Gargoyle (yes, that old cartoon), now turned into a PSO HUcaseal.

Deminiah, Geminiah, Leminiah and Zeminiah
The four androids.
Their names originate from biblical references, their creator believes they must pursue a sort of holy quest to rid Ragol of the unholy aura surrounding it.
The creator is obviously a bit "ga-ga", as you all noticed by now.

Raikard
Vampiric variation of a certain name.
Initially it was the name of a vampire I created for an original story, then it was turned into a fanmade character for a "Slayers" fanfic and now is a PSO character based on the "Slayers" variation in the form of a FOmar.

Damian, Damien and Damion
The names once again come from biblical references and demonic related names.
Damian was once said to be the possible name of the son of the devil; I made variations of this name to have the three with similar names.

Margaret
No story to this name, it's just a name of a certain character I made specifically for PSO; everyone calls her Maggie.

Akemi
Yes, those who know where this name comes from guessed it and yes it was taken from there.
I like the name, so sue me, hehe.

Abaddon
The name of a really ancient android acoording to my PSO universe of characters.
I wanted an ancient sounding name and a friend sugested this to me, I liked it and that's how it remained.

Arika
No story, just a name I like.

Proto KT-0
Prototype of the Kurai Taiyo series.
Kurai Taiyo means "Dark Sun" in japanese, this series being an attempt at copying Dark Sun's system.
Basically this means "Prototype Kurai Taiyo Number 0".

Shirow
Tribute to Masamune Shirow, creator of Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed and many others.

Satsuki
A japanese name I like, began by being a fanmade "King of Fighters" character.

Yusaku
As old as the "Ayanami" name mentioned above.
The time of origin is the same as the "Ayanami" name since both were characters from the same original story I created 15 years ago.

Kurai Taiyo
Translating, "Dark Sun" in japanese.
Just a character I made for no particular reason, has no story whatsoever, just wanted to see how Dark Sun would look like as a HUcast instead of a RAcast; ending result sucked, I deleted the character shortly after.

I could go on and on since I have many other characters (not all playable, some are story specific), but I'll stop here since these are the main and playable ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-01-19 23:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2004-01-20 00:00 ]</font>

Realm
Jan 20, 2004, 03:21 AM
Realm- When I first started PSO it felt like I was entering a different Realm.

Down-Pour- It's what it felt like when I lost Realm to and FSODX.

_brainchild
Jan 20, 2004, 03:27 AM
brainchild - (VIRIDIA, not that I care) It's what my character refers to himself by. He doesn't like to give out his real name, and since it's not his real name, it's not capitalized. It's a fitting name for his personality, he has extraordinary intelligence, and is full of energy and hope.

SKYLY - (SKYLY) Hey, all caps SKYLY gives you SKYLY! Rock!

LadyRedComet
Jan 20, 2004, 06:39 AM
Aerin - In my favorite book from several years ago, Aerin is a red-haired, sword-wielding, dragon-slaying princess (She's doing a pretty good job of living up to that reputation). Needless to say, I found this princess more fun than most other storybook princesses, and when I had to name my first PSO character (FOnewearl...ugh), I chose that name. It stuck later on when I ditched the FOne and made a HUnewearl, and again when I accidentally emptied the memory card and had to start over. Aerin is also one of the many names I go by online.

Nabooru - Named after my favorite sage from Zelda. (RAmarl)

Kenshin - I wanted a male character, and since I love Rurouni Kenshin, this was the first name that popped into my head. (HUmar)

Hiei - I picked this name because it's so much fun to say. (FOmar)

Teyolia - This one is ... difficult to explain. It means "Divine Fire of the Heart" in Quiche Maya. The Mayan divine fire was the spirit of the warrior. It also works out to be the only name my sister and I could come up with that results in Oran. (HUnewearl)

Hikaru - Named after Hikaru from Rayearth. (HUcaseal)

Bojangle
Jan 20, 2004, 10:15 AM
I've got Perdition. I picked that because I like what it means, a path to eternal damnation!

Then theres Perennial which means everlasting, or keeps on coming back.

Then Mr Bojangles, which is named after a Frank Sinatra song, in respect of my late Grandad, it was one of his fave songs!

Lastly there is Leige, which means a fuedel leader.

defiled
Jan 20, 2004, 01:17 PM
Eselia: just random thinking for this one
Aphrael: character from some David Eddings novels
E'Katerine: <3 Russia, and the specific spelling gave me Oran. ^.^

Thepandaman
Jan 20, 2004, 02:15 PM
Pyro (Fomar) - well I'm a pyromaniac, so it fitted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Not suprisingly I have club of Laconium or elysion, or Hildebears cane, or fire scepta agni out most of the time, am dressed in Red and Yellow, and launch Foie at anything that comes my way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh and redria fits perfectly.....

#KAREN (Racaseal) - lol to get the section ID that I wanted I tryed tons of combinations of spaces and capitals, but finally it got my purplenum, and I got the name Karen from Homeworld 2, (Karen S'jet)

Zarana
Jan 20, 2004, 02:40 PM
Let's see.

Celisse-Made it up at random.

Zarana-It's how I spelled the word "Arizona" on a test in kindergarten or first grade.

Yvette-Grabbed it out of thin air.

Athielle-Made it up at random.

Aurora Beam-Name of a Pokemon attack.

Lazy Meowth-Name of a Pokemon.

Natura-It got Whitill when I put it in.

Ghost Orchid-The title object of the book "The Orchid Thief," and the movie "Adaptation".

Frenno-Made it up at random.

Adalai-Made it up at random.

Lima Bean-It's a type of food.

... Well, I think that just about covers all my (living) characters. Have fun.

RadiantLegend
Jan 20, 2004, 02:45 PM
aimee(hucaseal) - a femalized version of aim(anime induced madness)
lordaim(humar) - a cool version of aim
robo(racast) - uninspired i was
Yue Ying(Ramarl) - way to much Dynasty Warriors 4

Garm
Jan 20, 2004, 02:47 PM
Garm : it's my name -_-" omg im so original
Garm II :second chara -_-"""
D.I.E. : i needed an skyly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
T.a.n.k. : a racaseal is a tank and its redria http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
and about my 5th... i can't choose it's currently a lvl 2 yellowboze HUmar but... i need something else

KingChaos
Jan 20, 2004, 04:29 PM
i just came up with Chaos now its my nmae i every game

Outrider
Jan 20, 2004, 04:40 PM
Outrider (HUmar) - Well, I first picked up the name from Dash Rendar's ship, the Outrider, from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (And a New Hope: Special Edition, if we're getting technical.) It's essentially been my name for everything since. Any forum name, screen name, whatever, has been either Outrider, OutriderG, or OutriderC. Heh... and I'm incredibly terrible when it comes to being original, so I have many characters for many different games and stories that have the name Outrider in some form.

Gregory (FOmar) - Hi. My name's Greg. I wanted to make a FOmar. Turns out Gregory is a Pinkal, which I hear is a good section ID for Forces. (And yet, Outrider's the one that looks like me, and not Gregory. Oh well.) And besides, Dyl already had a character named Dylan, so I might as well also have a char named after me.

MagnumOpus
Jan 20, 2004, 04:47 PM
Wes C. Attle

1. because pearl jam is best band period.
2. I love Seattle
3. There were already 1,000,000,000,000 clouds, sepiroths, blades, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Rogue100
Jan 20, 2004, 05:28 PM
Rogue (Rogue100)

Way back when I first got into gaming, I was a huge Star Wars fan, and took the name from Luke Skywalker's Rogue Squadron, being that it was a Star Wars reference and that I liked the meaning of the word as kind of a solitary person who doesn't need any help (kind of ironic for PSO given that it is almost entirely team based minus battle mode). It did not come originally from X-Men as most people initially believe when they first see the name, although that's not to say I don't like X-Men.

When I went online for the first time, playing Jedi Knight through the Microsoft Gaming Zone, I added the 100 suffix because someone already had taken Rogue. I continued that for my XBL gamertag, but my PSO characters don't have that suffix.

Needless to say, I've been using Rogue or Rogue100 for sometime now.

Perfection_of_Mark
Jan 20, 2004, 09:01 PM
I have 4 characters, three are from families.

Shadow Family

ShadowVeil - FOnewm (Lv.17) This guy was my first guy on someone elses mem card. Corrupted when his mem card corrupted (non FSOD X related). I named him in a hurry, no particular reason to do so.

ShadowLord - Tech FOmar (Lv. 83) When i finally baught the game I made ShadowLord. I figured lord would be a higher ranked ShadowVeil. This character was corrupted in a power failure at the save.

shadowghost - Melee FOmar (Lv. 129, Ra-GOU) After the corruption I created my strongest character to date, shadowghost. Named so because he was a ghost (back from beyond) of 'Lord. He went far and got lots of rares and was my first character online and first at c-mode. Corrupted by FSOD X.

NEO_SHADOW - FOnewm (Lv. 73, Ra-GOU) After the tragic loss of shadowghost, I wanted to bring the line back in a new way. I'd gotten as far as I felt I wanted to with a FOmar, so I decied to return to his first carnation, a FOnewm. Being a NEWman and a NEW form, I decieded on NEO_SHADOW. Ironicly, I failed to realize that he wears sunglasses and I get a bit of Matrix-related humor at his expence.

Demolition Family

Demolition - RAcast (Lv. 18) My third character, on the same card as ShadowLord. Named so because 'Lord found a Inferno Bazooka, and I wanted to make a character to use it effectively. So thus Demo was born.

DEMOLITIONv2 - RAcast (Lv. 82, Ra-GOU) When 'Lord became 'ghost, Demo leveled up. Demo went further than v1, and was one of my favorite characters. Corrupted with 'ghost tragicly in that FSODX.

D-VERSION3 - RAcast (Lv. 41) Demo's third incarnation that is building strength. He uses Burning Vulcans with hit so I like to play 'Burning Rangers' a lot while playing as Demo.

Ver. C-MODE - HUcast (Lv. 1, Gi-GOU)Demo's long lost brother. He's a HUcast and is clad in Demo's opposite color scheme. This character may eventually leave the c-mode arena, but for now is devoted to getting an S-Rank Mech).

Independants

Payback - HUnewearl (Lv. 111, Bu-EI S-Rank) My first character after 'ghost's and Demo(v2)'s corruption. Named obiviously after my feelings toward FSOD/FSODX. My first S-rank character, she recently got her PAYBACK TWIN. Demo(v3) plans on getting a DEMO SHOT soon and Ver. C-MODE wants his C-MODE Mechgun and as soon as it's available, NEO_SHADOW will get a SHADOW FIST.

...wow. I play so much PSO.... *faints*

J311Y_M4N
Jan 20, 2004, 09:13 PM
Macellarius- lvl 15 My secondary HUmar, latin for butcher or slaughterhouse. Yelloboze

Cor - lvl 10 My primary FOmar, latin for soul. Skyly

Rith - lvl 53 My primary HUmar. Named after Rith the Awakener, the Legendary Dragon for Magic: the Gathering.

I have others but their names have no origin.

triXay
Jan 21, 2004, 12:52 PM
[~fatal1ty~] - Top online gamer of all FPS, pretty much in the world. Played with him in Q3 and some CS. Asked him if I could use it, he said yes as its a registered trademark http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Chii - Chobits lead character...need I say more?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: triXay on 2004-01-21 09:53 ]</font>

Star_X
Jan 21, 2004, 01:50 PM
Star X: Named after my old nickname; thought up LONG before the crud game known as Star X (curse whichever nub invented that game >.< ).

Kris: Named after the Pokemon gal of the same name (the gal you play as in pokemon crystal) *dodges foie blasts*

Juliet-515: Anyone who read Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet knows this one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Gandalf): Another "DUH" char...named after Gandalf from LotR.

As you can see, most of my characters aren't origional http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyecsrai
Jan 21, 2004, 02:25 PM
Delphine - A variation of the name of the Greek oracle.

Nadir - na-dir noun 1. lowest point: the lowest possible point. 2. astronomy point on celestial sphere: the point on the celestial sphere directly below the observer and opposite the zenith

Psyche - From Greek mythology, the personification of the human soul.

Myona - ganked the name from another game

treasure - http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/index01.html

Keifletty - same as Myona

Rich_T
Jan 21, 2004, 02:31 PM
Spud, because i was eating a jacket spud, jst before i first started playing PSO

SpecterOpacus
Jan 21, 2004, 05:12 PM
Specter- The main character in the book I'm writing, a Dark Mage with shadow powers; his full name is Specter Opacus, which in Latin means Ghostly Shadow.

Ardeo- The twin brother of Specter, a Fire Mage; his full name is Ardeo Opacus, which in Latin means Fiery Shadow.

PJ
Jan 21, 2004, 06:09 PM
PJ (FOmar) - Based off me! Of course, I based him when I got the game during Christmas 2002, so I've grown taller since then. And I only wish I had green hair. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sarah (FOnewearl) - She was my original Dreamcast character. I just started creating her and she turned out really cute. She was as small as she could go (On the DC her name was SARAH, so she got the Oran Section ID). On the GC version I made her a little bit more grown up and now she's even cuter! (Impossible!)

SUPAH CHAO (HUmar) - That's what I'm known as online. He didn't come until about 6 months after I owned the game though.

Kirin (HUnewearl) - Comes from the second Mars Djinni Summon in Golden Sun, I'm sure it's from some mythology though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Monaco Chao (RAcast) - I had just heard of a country called Monaco and it sounded really fun. So I went and deleted my HUcaseal (Which deleted my RAmarl XD). I'm surprised it's so much fun to play as a dagger-flying Ranger http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rachel (FOmarl) - Based off some girl I like. Unfortunately, she's on my friend's memory card.

Vagabond_Aeon
Jan 21, 2004, 07:37 PM
Aeon (HUmar): I came up with this during a brainstorming session for a character name for my HUmar. It ultimately ended up as my internet handle.

Blackthorn (RAmar): I came up with this name in my youth, back when I did a lot of roleplaying over AIM. It's stuck with me over the years.

Artemis (FOnewearl): The Greek goddess of hunting. It just seemed like a good name to me.

Elania (HUnewearl): I got this name from a book called The Icarus Hunt by Timothy Zahn. Again, it just seemed like a good name. Not to mention it's a REDRIA name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vagabond_Aeon on 2004-01-21 16:41 ]</font>

TyroneBiggums
Jan 22, 2004, 03:17 AM
I pulled mine out of the crack of my ass. Literally I put on a latex glove over my hand and shoved it as far up as it would go. Suffice to say my characters name is Ass Pirate. He is a Viridia in case you were wondering.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 22, 2004, 12:58 PM
My name: Hiirigazawa - I THINK originated from Card Captors, but I'm not sure. More for being original. As many people remember me because of my strange name.

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2004, 01:15 PM
Lorelei - wanted something interesting, something that is german, yet known worldwide (esp in japan).
hunl since i always start with hunls.

Kahimi - comes from a japanese singer named Kahimi Karie. weird music.
fonl - sorta remake of my DC fonl.

MewMew - something i came up with while playing around the PC PSO demo.
was a ract, now its a raml.

Kuro - with a space to get whitill - i just liked the name for the delivery service 'kuroneko' - also that hucl helmet has catears.
dark, slim hucl with catear-helmet.

Rena - nickname.
hunl - adult remake of my teen rena hunl on DC.

Hannya - thats the name of some buddhistic sutra. describes the way to buddha-status.
foml - remake of DC char.

Shinobu - means to endure something. i was in the mood back then, and so i recreated her.
racl - remake of DC char.

RenaMechSuit - first a joke chara, now a normal level char. on DC i created "her" because i found yasminkov mechs.
ract - remake of DC char.

Nocturne C - i'm a nocturnal person, so...
hucl - kinda remake of my c-mode huct on DC

Chiyo - i needed a c-mode fonl and i'm a big azumanga fan.
fonl

rati - makes ratis
huct

sato - makes satos
foml

Kanti - as a tribute to FLCL, its a good name for a huct and it gives blueful.
huct, i wanted to try on a leveling huct and wanted to fill in the last few IDs.

Parfait - something sweet >_> well, its a fonl, what do you expect.
fonl, yet another one, because i felt like it

ilr2000
Jan 22, 2004, 01:26 PM
My first character is Ryoko, a HUnewearl. Her name came from my favorite character on a show Tenchi Muyo. (I couldn't help but notice answerman's most gracious respect he holds for this class, so I'd like to add that my HUnewearl character is the farthest thing from 'slutty'. It's impossible for an inanimate character class in a video game to hold a certain characteristic like that. So it sounds like the real slut here is answerman, and he's extended that into his HUnewearl character. *shrugs* Not something I'd be proud of but he seemed pretty eager to announce it.)

My second character is a FOmarl by the name of Niobe. Now you'll probably think I came up with the name after the Matrix movie made the it a common word. Actually I made Niobe back on v1, and it came from a mythology book (of which culture I do not know off the top of my head). Niobe was supposed to be the goddess of thieves, which sounded pretty cool.

I have other characters that were inspired by Tenchi Muyo. A RAmarl named Nagi, who was a bounty hunter in the show. A FOnewearl named Washu, which matched her character all too well.

I also have a HUcaseal by the name of Lady Wedge. I'm not a huge star wars fan, and the name actually comes from a good friend of mine who was. He had a HUcast by the name of Wedge all the way through v1 and a little into v2. He never wanted to get GC PSO, so this is my tribute to him.

I also have two HUmar muels, which seems to be the only good use I can make of the class.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 22, 2004, 01:27 PM
sen·try
(click to hear the word) (sntr)
n. pl. sen·tries
A guard, especially a soldier posted at a given spot to prevent the passage of unauthorized persons.
The duty of a sentry; watch.

My character's name is derived partly from the Xmen's Sentinal's robot, but a Sentinal robot is essentially a "sentry" (look above). My character is mainly used as a Hucaseal Yojimbo (bodyguard), but I didnt want to use the exact wording of "Sentinal" but only the pronunciation of it. Thus Scentjynahl is born. She mainly is under servitude of Si'ev (Navi's main character)

And I have heard many comments on my Characters name, some positive "Wow, unique" and some negative "ha ha ha Alphabet soup"

But my friends call me Sen for short.

GuerillaPimp
Jan 22, 2004, 03:26 PM
+BAKARI (redria) = If i remember correctly, its an eqyptian [HUmar]

+KUNOICHI (skyly) = A female ninja, loosely translates to 9+1 [HUnewearl]

+Lt. KUROSAWA (greenill) = One of the characters from the Alien Vs Predator arcade game [RAmarl]

+TENGU v.3 (purplenum) = A mythical beast in japanese folklore. Was thought to be a demon that lived in the mountains. Believed to be the precussor of ninja. v.3 cuz she's an android [HUcaseal]

+ASHIKO (oran) = Foot spikes worn by ninja [HUnewearl (again)]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuerillaPimp on 2004-01-22 12:34 ]</font>

Mustashi2278
Jan 22, 2004, 06:49 PM
Ninja Vince, HUmar : cuz Vince is my real nick name, and i added ninja cuz im a Naruto fan.

Arcanis, FOmar : Arcanis is a wizard legend in Magic : the gathering .

CeReAlKiLLeR RAmar : my brother's RA, i have no idea how he came up with it.

Iceninja
Jan 22, 2004, 07:24 PM
Cless (HUmar) : Any of you played Tales of Phantasia...I liked that game and I needed a Redria ID so...

Terra (FOnewearl) : Final Fantasy 3 or 6 is THE best game invented!

Elpis (RAcast) : I think this name means lucky in another language or something, no clue why I used it but I sure did.

Camron (HUcast) : My name, too bad it was a yellowboze.

1ceninja (FOnewm) : Ice rocks, ninjas rock, Oran ID.

RedRage
Jan 24, 2004, 01:21 PM
Cpl BDawkins (RAmar) = I'm a Corporal in the US Marine Corp and the rest is my name.

RedRage (FOnewm) = it's just a name I chose a few years ago for myself

Jehannum (HUcast) = a character from a book I'm reading

Skuda
Jan 24, 2004, 01:26 PM
SCOTT= my name...It was originally pinkal for a HUmar, oran is better.
IYKTHIUS 6= it sounds fun! I needed a viridia too.
CLAIR= um...girls name that was blueful?
AIKO= first japanese name that came to mind
UMI= means ocean. irronicly I used it on a pink HUnewearl with a Pinkal ID
SCOTT(spare)= Ironicly my spare warehouse me is an oran too!
Zelutos= my friends character named after his RP self. nifty name!

King_Rappy
Jan 24, 2004, 01:37 PM
Slash - I like sharp objects. Alot. ^_^

Helco
Jan 24, 2004, 06:51 PM
Helco-Humar-took letters form my own name and made a enw name

Linkin-FOmar-i was listening to linkin pakr at the time of creation and it inspired me

anwserman
Jan 25, 2004, 12:04 PM
Hmmm. All very interesting names. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I think I might be starting yet another new character, but I don't know which class, or what to name it yet, but meh.

But that means 4 mags I'm gonna have to still raise. *sigh* I'd rather just dupe my preexisting mags then having to transfer them over through offline mode.

Black000Moon
Jan 25, 2004, 12:26 PM
Eric-(FOnewearl) Just because It's my name.
Matt-(RAcast) Name of my first friend that played pso with me
Zach L.-(HUcast) Name of the 2nd Friend that played pso with me. He wanted to called the character sigma but I said call it his name with his last initial so I could get a purplenum id.
MY BABY GURL(HUnewearl) The 3rd friend that I played pso with wanted to make a hot chick character....Just like me but more attractive...What a perv http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif and he was thinking about his girlfriend at the time so meh.

critter
Jan 26, 2004, 10:20 PM
isaac-i liked it in golden sun and then i didnt really steal it but i just took on a liking to the name...i named all of the characters in every game that i get the chance 2 name the char, isaac, now kind of as a signature thing

cera-i always name the caster chick in my games this
i dont really wanna get into y right now

Hrith
Jan 26, 2004, 10:25 PM
Terra - Final Fantasy VI
Kefka - Final Fantasy VI
Hedoba - Shining Force III
Aelia - Valkyrie Profile

And, Kingmurp, Umi means "sea" in japanese http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

trunkszero
Jan 26, 2004, 10:45 PM
trunkszero-based on an old comic character i made to poke stabs at dbz and megaman

Kouichi-i wabted a redria

DarkMagician-hes the man in yugioh, without him theres no yugi

Na Ga-i wanted a RAmarl virdia
Rena-i wanted an oran HUcaseal

akazala
Jan 26, 2004, 10:57 PM
My HUmar,Azakala, i dont really know where i got the name from, but its in Bluefull so its all good.

My FOmar,Daggoth, It was an awesome name in Skyly and it came from a magic card...i used to play.

RAmarl,Shamara, Cool sounding name in Greenill, what more could you ask?

RAmar,Prodigy,named him after the band, and needed a name in Purplenum that wasnt my own,Josh.

HUmar,Gatz, Hes a strong character in some anime that my brother watches, and he uses a huge sword that looks like Zanba, hes in Redria.

Cylus,RAmar, in Viridia, just a pretty awesome sounding name.

RAcast,Spartacus in purplenum, named after my favorite greek city with a little bit added on the end.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 26, 2004, 11:21 PM
Yumi: my original DC hunewearl i named after an original anime character that i drew.
Sakura: my GC hunewearl i named after all of the great sakuras in anime, yet not made to look like any of them. Also named after the flower.
Mollie: racaseal, also named after an original anime creation of mine who was an android.
Lucrecia: fomarl, i pulled this name from the back of my mind, i couldnt remember what it was from when i made it, i realize now it was the name of vincents love in ff7. It sounded like a dark, yet elegant name so it fit her.

trunkszero
Jan 27, 2004, 03:10 AM
On 2004-01-26 19:57, akazala wrote:
HUmar,Gatz, Hes a strong character in some anime that my brother watches, and he uses a huge sword that looks like Zanba, hes in Redria.

this anime wouldn't be beserk would it? that game was awesome and the anime is pretty good.

Tamjin
Jan 27, 2004, 12:17 PM
Ivy - When I made her for the DC version I had just finished playing Soul Caliber, and she resembled her.
Nina - Not sure
Tamjin - Second favorite suit from Virtual On
Angelan - Favorite suit from Virtual On
Teris - Character from Dragon Force
Kamui - Name from X anime
Naru - Needed Redria
Sakura - Needed Pinkal

Outrider
Jan 27, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-01-27 00:10, trunkszero wrote:

On 2004-01-26 19:57, akazala wrote:

this anime wouldn't be beserk would it? that game was awesome and the anime is pretty good.

Ha, I have that game. Gut's Rage, right? It was good. I kinda wanna see the anime just because of the game.

Alighieri
Jan 27, 2004, 03:59 PM
Alighieri - ...cuz it`s my nick?
Illuminatti - my alter nick
Zephirith - made it up and it sounds nice
Mahreen - same as above
Rubith - once more...same as above

akazala
Jan 27, 2004, 04:01 PM
Yes, Gatz is from Berserk, and its good anime, i dont knwo whatthe game is called though.

Carlocijs
Jan 27, 2004, 04:03 PM
My characters name: Carlo Cijs
My own name: Carlo van der Cijs (Yes, its Dutch, no normal back name huh?)

I think I said enough.

Alighieri
Jan 27, 2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if I could name a character "Konstantynopolitanczykowianeczka"^^ - yes this IS a word - not randomly punched in letters - I think it`s the longest Polish surname I`ve ever heard, but RARE as hell ahaha

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alighieri on 2004-01-27 13:09 ]</font>

trunkszero
Jan 27, 2004, 10:39 PM
On 2004-01-27 13:01, akazala wrote:
Yes, Gatz is from Berserk, and its good anime, i dont knwo whatthe game is called though.

Sword Of Beserk: Guts Rage for dreamcast(even though it should be Gatz rage, lol) it came out back in early 2000

Rainbowlemon
Jan 28, 2004, 08:59 AM
Antimony - The 51st element of the periodic table, with the symbol 'Sb'. I just thought it was an incredible, deep name, so I used it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ATHANASEUS
Jan 28, 2004, 11:10 AM
RAmar Lancer- first of the Lancer series. corrupted ;( all were named after the airplane B-1B Lancer the world's most devastating bomber - EVer more payload than B-52.

RAmar lancer- the second Lancer goin for the guld milla bAYbE!!!!!!!!

RAcast Lancer III- the third model of the lancer series- perfection. i love legit yazzy9k's!!!!!!!!

FOnewm Anglachel- named after the sHiZzNiT sword in j.r.r. tolkien's The Silmarillion was always devastating, never relenting and would corrupt the mind of the owner. . .

FOmar Athanaseus- my name. Athanaseus means eternal light in the language of my country - greece

RAmarl tiki3- groovey. . .

FOnewearl and FOmarl and HUcast and HUnewearl- soon to be made: in order athena, ???, captain jack,and ???

DezoPenguin
Jan 28, 2004, 10:42 PM
In order of them being created:

Kitsune (HUcaseal): Named after the Japanese fox-spirit, known to be a cruel trickster as well as an occasional helpmate for scholars (and a mythological figure I've always liked). Since she has the ninja-mask head, I figured a Japanese name would fit.

Lyon Alessa (RAmarl): Sejanus was my RAmar from DC days; I'd always thought of his last name as being Lyon. This character was supposed to be a sister, but I decided I liked Lyon for a female first name, so I flipped the name order. "Alessa" got her into Greennil, because I have an affection for rifles.

Cesylia (HUnewearl): "Sylia" of course comes from Bubblegum Crisis, and it happens to be my "generic catgirl character name." My DC HUnewearl was, of course, Sylia, so I added the Ce to make her a variant. Sylia is a variant of Celia, so, basically, Cesy is a variant Cecelia. There's a space at the end of her name to make her Redria, since my wife already has a Purplenum.

Rayne v.09 (RAcaseal): I just liked the sound of "Raine," but my wife preferred the spelling with the "y" (taken from the game BloodRayne). The "v.09" got added because I like numeric additions to android names, with the specific digits picked to make her Skyly (If I ever make a force, it'll probably end up in Viridia or Bluefull--for some reason my characters find themselves fetching rares for each other more often than themselves...).

Fluffy (RAcast): Blame my wife again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Basically, he's as tall and broad as a RAcast can get, and black in color, so of course he has to have the silliest name possible. His unofficial story is that he was originally a "TYPE: S" android assigned to bodyguard a six-year-old girl who promptly named him "Fluffy." One of these days I'll write that fic.

Nai_Calus
Jan 28, 2004, 11:09 PM
On 2004-01-28 19:42, DezoPenguin wrote:

Fluffy (RAcast): Blame my wife again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Basically, he's as tall and broad as a RAcast can get, and black in color, so of course he has to have the silliest name possible. His unofficial story is that he was originally a "TYPE: S" android assigned to bodyguard a six-year-old girl who promptly named him "Fluffy." One of these days I'll write that fic.

My Mag wants his name back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hehe. I named him Fluffy because he looked ridiculous on my HUmar(HUmar wears dark grey/red with dark brown hair, Mag is purple). The official story, at least in my fic, is that said HUmar found him when he was three and promptly named him Fluffy. XD

Spectre-Fox
Jan 29, 2004, 01:33 AM
Fox-Greenil i've become more of a lone ranger cuz my friend can't keep up lmao
Fox is just short for my rs name Sly-Fox 247 look me up if anyone plays rs lmao

Spider
Jan 29, 2004, 02:27 AM
Spider (HUmar) - I use Spider as my main characters in all games since I was playing punch the woomb wall.

Dalektenator (RAcast) - Wanted a redria idea and bit of a Dr Who fans, as if Daleks arnt the bomb, hehe.

Razel (FOnewearl) - who knows, just out of the blue, wanted a name for my magical character that sounded... magical I guess.

Draco (FOmar) - made a melee FOmar and wanted a name that sounded magical yet physicla, and always been a fan of reptiles.

Varla (RAmarl) - had a RAmarl before named Varla as my second muck about character, wanted a RAmarl, and wanted a Skyly, so just remade it, still had the originals mag so gave her it too, just made her look more bright.

Plan on getting another memory card to make a HUcaseal... my other 3 current characters are my brothers, my sisters and a spare (for recreating whenever I wish to fondle with character creation... might just hurry it up and make a HUcaseal, not sure, they anything special? Any original battle animations?)

Myopathy
Jan 29, 2004, 04:08 AM
Mornaur - Quenya for "Black Fire"

Sepheryn - Sounded cool. Learned later that it was a title of a song by two old guys, hehe.

Tanya - Everyone's favorite female commando from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1 & 2.

Gaurdian
Jan 29, 2004, 01:04 PM
Glory-Hunewearal. she looks like an angel so she gets a name for one.

Beelzebub-FOnewm-the name comes from the Bible, Prince of Devils.

Kitana-HUcaseal-princess from mortal Kombat.

zach-----HUmar, he its MY name

Miso
Jan 29, 2004, 11:04 PM
Miso-named after character from idea for manga ive been writing...though the idea may be used for a video game or show that i make w/ tgf(the games factory)instead...which comes from the fact i like the name misao,but i wanted sumthin different,then i was reminded of miso(paste-like stuff used in food like miso soup)...the character in the script-like thing is supposed 2 b based on myself...well a part of me neway...i shall b divided in 2 in it...not the main character though...

Mazinger-X
Jan 30, 2004, 11:00 AM
Mazinger-X my Hucast is just a char my brother made up.
Shadow is my story character and my long time Roleplay character, I've written two stories on him (Still working on the second) The first story came up to be 125 pages, the second one now is 37. (By the way if anybody wants to read it ask me.)
Hope mu Hunewearl is yet another character from my story, she's my friends Krissy's roleplay character, a some sort of sex slave person yeah. o_o'
Yeha and so ends this little post... Yeah..

ZioTheHoly
Jan 30, 2004, 05:47 PM
(GC)

ZioTheHoly - Zio from Phantasy Star 4

Rune - Rune from Phantasy Star 4

Mieu - Mieu from Phantasy Star 3

Anna - Anna from Phantasy Star 2

(DC)

ZioTheHoly - again Zio from PS4

BLOODY AXEL - heh I think was thinking of Axel from Streets of Rage

Chakan - Chakan from Chakan the Foreverman

SONICR - heh my main nickname

Karis - eh named after a ex of mine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Naomi - heh named after the daughter I plan to have...

Ghostphace
Jan 30, 2004, 09:16 PM
Ghostphace - Name I've been rockin a few years on a bunch of games. Plus I like Ghostface Killah from the Wu. SUUU!

Vyger
Jan 30, 2004, 10:22 PM
New to pso-world. I hope I'm replying to the correct post. "Reason for choosing names..."

My characters are:

Harry P. : Named after Harry Potter for the fact that I wanted a cute little FOnewm. I like to say ridiculous things with him: i.e. "BA BOOM", "Wingaudian leviosa," and "Aloha morah."

Stigma : Cause I wanted a blueful and couldn't thing of a good name for a HUcaseal.

Skywanker : Joke character. Nuff said.

Desmona : From the Disney show the Gargoyles. I really like her, cause she's so smart and wicked.

Guille
Jan 31, 2004, 06:32 PM
WOLFE (HUmar Greenill)-Derived from Beowulf. Just changed spelling.

Ren(HUmar Bluefull)-Looking for Bluefull Name, got frustrated, typed in Ren (from Japanese Shaman King), and voila, Bluefull.

ZANGUIL(RAcast Yellowboze)-From Zangeif and Guile, from Street Fighter.

Ryotsu (RAmar Skyly)-Sounds Samurai-Like.

Dohkiyn (HUcast Redria)-From Dohkynd, a cool name.
My name origins!

Robo47
Feb 1, 2004, 01:45 PM
Jackson Arcadia - I thought Jackson was different, besides I hadn't seen anybody else named Jackson until a year later when my cousin watched Pokemon and I walked by at the time Ash was fighting someone named Jackson. And for Arcadia, I don't know.

Robo47 - A special android, the 47th. NOT FROM WAR OF THE MONSTERS!! I MADE THIS NAME ON DREAMCAST BEFORE THE PS2 CAME OUT!!

Stacy Arcadia - mostly unused female name, and she married Jackson, therefore Arcadia.

Dex Erez - I jut named him whatever, I was reading a magazine and decided to name him Dex for no reason.

Grand Finale - this HUcast was going to e the last person I made on GC PSO, I soon changed my mind.

VIP - Vincent Icarus Prawler, demigod of ice(i don't get how that ties in but, meh.

Pope - my good FOmar, only uses Grants support techs and Foie.

Arch - Arch Angels are sometimes evil so I chopped off Angel and made him into Pope's dark twin, Arch.

Ragnarok - My DC HUcast, he was a total powerhouse, four God Battles and a fully POW Kama MAG. His weapon was a Stag Cutlery because it was the coolest weapon during that era of PSO.

Hitman - he's a RAmar that uses a normal Rifle and a Suppresed Gun, Negotiator was overused so I came up with Hitman.

Miranda - No idea how I came up with that.

Mini Bot 22 - another unit, this one was made for reconisence therefore, a small android. And it came with the Purplenum ID, I really wanted the L&K14 Combats too.

Hrith
Feb 1, 2004, 01:58 PM
Miranda - No idea how I came up with that.
1 - Miranda is a name.
2 - Miranda was a US ship on DC (Miranda 11, was the official JP C-mode ship/block)
3 - Miranda is a constellation, like all Ship names on any PSO

ME > j00 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kibo
Feb 1, 2004, 02:31 PM
Smoke...hmm, I just thought of it randomly and I used it. ^_^ only one of my characters has an origin. Kibo, came from Kibogaoka, an area in Jet Set Radio Future. haha

SpiffyDude42
Feb 1, 2004, 05:29 PM
SpiffyDude - That's a no-brainer, isn't it?

Brid - Wanted to make a Force, and decided Pinkal would be a good I.D. Brid is the name of a character from a book I've read, and it was pinkal, so I went with it. However, there are many people online who never miss the oppurtunity to tell me, "omg!1! u mispelled BIRD!!" Very annoying.

Sepiria - Japanese name of a character from the video game Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Which has yet to come out in the USA, it's been delayed nearly a year). It was Oran, I liked it, I went with it.

Sumiko - Nothing fancy about this one... liked the sound of it, and it was the Skyly I needed.

Spiffers - Purplenum, and a variation of the word spiffy.

MOTOROLA
Feb 1, 2004, 08:43 PM
MOTOROLA? Because it's one of the bst names in the world, and it gets me chicks.

Come now, I'm a FOnewm.

You know it must be the name!

Hello, Moto!

CorneliusPower
Feb 2, 2004, 12:49 AM
My top player RAmarl is named Felty

Background: First described in 1924, Felty syndrome (FS) is a potentially serious condition that is associated with seropositive (rheumatoid factor [RF] positive) rheumatoid arthritis (RA). FS is characterized by the triad of RA, splenomegaly, and granulocytopenia. Although many patients are asymptomatic, some develop serious and life-threatening infections secondary to granulocytopenia

thought it was funny to use that name cause a RA with arthritis...think about it, also its kinda cute.

My HUcaseal Crotchwaffle:

It's just a nick for vagina....can i say that word here?

ADUCKI-Sempai
Feb 2, 2004, 02:39 AM
Tyrant- Don't know why I named her this but oh well, maybe cause I am random. Skyly (FOmarl)

ADUCKI- The fat, short one. Funny looking, think I got the appearance from a character on the anime 'Excel Saga'. The Excel Saga anime is a Quack Experment. Quack, Duck... lame joke oh well. Actually I didn't really think when I made the name but I suppose it could have something to do with it. Bluefull (RAmar)

Guille
Feb 2, 2004, 08:26 PM
My brother's characters-
HANYA-Whitill-From Rurouni Kenshin
Legault-Yellowboze-From Fire Emblem7
DARK WIZARD-Oran-Needed Oran, sounded cool
Elf King-Purplenum-His FOnewm looked elfish, so he named his Elf King
BENIMARU-Pinkal-From King of Fighters
ELF'S KILLER-Viridia-An assassin for Elf King.

Cyger
Feb 2, 2004, 08:39 PM
My names are EXTREMELY simple....
1)HUnewearl-Sarah(after my gf)
2)FOmar-Blitz Cyger(the all powerful force that atks and kills before u even no it!)

neo9376
Feb 2, 2004, 09:28 PM
i have 3 now
Saito/Sephiroth: I'm trying to change his name from saito to sephiroth not exactly sure how yet but i've heard it can be done. Obviously from rurouni kenshin and ff7

Zorn: FF9

Yahiko: rurouni kenshin

BatistaROBO
Feb 2, 2004, 09:50 PM
Haven't posted in a while. Prolly cause I've been too busy mopeing since I'll prolly never get this game online the way things are going. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Any way here goes.

BatistaROBO5(RAcast): Originally just Batista, after the name of of some boss on Tales of Destiny that I thought had a cool name. I thought It fit my RAcast well, until it got me Pinkal ID(lol). Than I added ROBO5 so he'd be a Greenil.
Miria(HUnewearl): Named after the destruction goddess from Breath of Fire 1 and 3(Dunno about the others) I really wanted her to be a Redria so I had to add {}s.
Zophar(FOmar): Named after some magician guy from Vandal Hearts (wonder how many people remember this game). DOesnt look ANYTHING like him, but I liked his name.
Kojiroh(HUmar): My older brothers typical name for EVERY DAMN CAHRACTER he makes in anything.