PDA

View Full Version : Mag: MAG Question

Guille
Jan 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
Is this normal: I (lvl 66 HUmar) lent my mag (lvl 64 Kama) to my brother, (lvl 42 FOnewm)and apparently, he fed it something and it reached that freaky "4th evolution" which happens every once in a while with mags, but Kama became Naga, an FO mag. Does this happen normally?

Xeno_M
Jan 19, 2004, 09:06 AM
Uhh, i dont think it became a "4th evolution" mag... The mag has to be at LEAST level 100 for that. So unless he fed it all the way to level 100, thats ruled out. But if a different character feeds someone elses mag (mag level over 50) then chances are it will change. What your mag evolves into depends on your class (FO RA or HU) and your section ID (Type A or B). This is useful if you want to manipulate what Photon Blasts you will end up with on your mag.

Oh, and if you hand a mag to a different character to feed. It has to hit a level divisible by 5 to evolve. So if the mag is level 61. You have to feed it up to 65 for it to change. When it hits level 200, then you can change it just by feeding it one time.

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1016

It is normal. It is not a 4th evolution Mag. It just happened that it met the conditions needed for a differed class's and ID's 3rd level Mag. Just give it back to your character to eveolve it to level 70, it should change back to what it was before if the conditions are the same.

Guille
Jan 19, 2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks. So let me get this straight-If I give it to a different class/section ID, then let it evolve, it will be a different MAG?
Hello, Ushasu!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guille on 2004-01-19 07:22 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 19, 2004, 10:28 AM
On 2004-01-19 07:19, Guille wrote:
Thanks. So let me get this straight-If I give it to a different class/section ID, then let it evolve, it will be a different MAG?
Hello, Ushasu!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guille on 2004-01-19 07:22 ]</font>

Yup. I have a printed copy of Reenee's MAG feeding guide, and I can pinpoint how a mag will evolve and which photon blasts it will get perfectly, depending on the character class and section ID.

I can't find that guide anymore online here, I miss it. It was PDF format! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Superguppie
Jan 19, 2004, 10:36 AM
No matter. That part of the guide we have on PSO-World is still accurate. There's even a 4-page printable PDF. Don't know it's name, but you'll find it. The feeding tables there are DC-V2 and the tables for Ep1&2 are a bit off. But the rest is still the same...

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah, please update the EP1&2 mags charts! Pushan has a different diet than Nidra, and we all know it! Well at least its not as buggy as NP's guide, lol

Guille
Jan 19, 2004, 07:43 PM
New question. Once I feed my Naga something, say an anitdote, it evolves right back to Kama! Is this normal?

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 07:47 PM
On 2004-01-19 16:43, Guille wrote:
New question. Once I feed my Naga something, say an anitdote, it evolves right back to Kama! Is this normal?

If it was switched to a different Class and/or ID and it levels to a multiple of 5 (possibly also feeding a Mag from multiple of 5 without it leveling), it is normal.

The only Mags that don't change are special Episode 1&2 Mags and Mag Cell Mags. Mag Cells can't be used on either of these (exception- one system Mag + certain Cells = a different System Mag).