PDA

View Full Version : What religuns are you

L0V3J00CIE
Jan 19, 2004, 09:24 AM
i need advice you see i am a catholic but my friend is a christian and we always argue i dont know if i can take anymore help

L0V3J00CIE
Jan 19, 2004, 09:26 AM
maybe no i dont think this is good i think its too mature and u guys cant handle so im official lockin this until a moderator comes dont you dare reply or ill tell an amindstrator

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 09:41 AM
I believe in god, I just don't really go to church or any of that.
And you can't get on my case for wishing to speak my opinion. You asked, and changed your mind but the topic IS here and people WILL respond in a fairly mature manner(until dime gets on).

L0V3J00CIE
Jan 19, 2004, 09:42 AM
you listen (my fingers in your face now) do what i say or feel consequencas

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 09:44 AM
>.>
<.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-19 07:07 ]</font>

L0V3J00CIE
Jan 19, 2004, 09:47 AM
haha you already did what i wanted so hush little baby

i made you do what i wanted i made you try and argue im god your not get a clue piper

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 09:49 AM
I've tried to be nice, I've tried to be aggressive. I can see you are gonna get banned. Get a life, Get a clue. Nobody likes you, oh boo hoo.

LamerPanda
Jan 19, 2004, 09:53 AM
and people WILL respond in a fairly mature manner(until dime gets on).

He says as he flames.

Help! I'm drowning in irony!

Ayaname
Jan 19, 2004, 09:53 AM
On 2004-01-19 06:49, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I've tried to be nice, I've tried to be aggressive. I can see you are gonna get banned. Get a life, Get a clue. Nobody likes you, oh boo hoo.

I couldn't have said it better.

Be gone, newt of the underworld.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 09:56 AM
Captain Contradiction!
**Stands at attention, salutes**

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 10:06 AM
Meh, nevermind, I just read where they said they were Eum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-19 07:50 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 10:08 AM
I never said LOV wasn't worth replying to, I just gave her my opinion and told her to ignore it if she didn't want it.

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 10:14 AM
Scratch this. Read above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-19 07:49 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jan 19, 2004, 10:21 AM
Back on topic: Arguments between friends due to religious beliefs. Solution... just drop it. Just say that is my faith and that is yours, it does not make me a better or worse person than you. And if your friend is a "true friend" they will accept that and continue on with life. Friends should accept each other as they are, not force them into uncomfortable situations of any kind.

And the arguments themselves will not be resolved by you or anyone... religious debates are as old as religion itself... most points good and bad have been discussed allready at some point in time. Pretty much like psow when someone post a "new topic" but in reality it already has been discussed weeks ago (or even locked).

So, just enjoy your friendship, and leave the religious banter with yourself, at home, and at the institution you may pray in...

Cheers.

LadyRedComet
Jan 19, 2004, 10:33 AM
On 2004-01-19 07:21, Furankunichan wrote:
Back on topic: Arguments between friends due to religious beliefs. Solution... just drop it. Just say that is my faith and that is yours, it does not make me a better or worse person than you. And if your friend is a "true friend" they will accept that.

Exactly. If this "friend" can only accept you if you agree with his/her religious beliefs, that's not a true friend.

Mattacon
Jan 19, 2004, 11:05 AM
On 2004-01-19 06:53, Ayaname wrote:

On 2004-01-19 06:49, SpikeOtacon wrote:

I couldn't have said it better.

Me neither.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2004, 03:15 PM
The majority of people get hung up on what faith is beleived in, even among denominations of the same religion. It's not what you have faith in, but that you have the faith and beleive in something.

Even being an athiest and not believing in anything, quite often, someone tells family or friends that they're athiest, and suddenly everyone acts like the person is detestable.

Heh, such petty issues really. Right up there with sexual orientation. They're such a small part of who a person really is, and people blow it so far out of proportion, as if it is the definition of someone.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2004, 03:23 PM
Exactly ABDUR, it shouldn't matter, but people make such a big deal out of it. So what if I don't go to church every sunday like I was raised? Maybe I believe in god my own way! But should it matter to you? No. What if I was atheist, or jewish, or muslim? Who here would change thier thoughts about me over something so small as that, even though it rarely ever presents itself on a Message Board on PSO.

ShadowNINJA007
Jan 19, 2004, 03:30 PM
.......................................(looks around sneakily)Well, I am a Mormon! Hahahaha!

LadyRedComet
Jan 19, 2004, 03:32 PM
People are influenced by religion too much, and all too often it's what other people believe that they're concerned about, not with their own beliefs. It's sad, very sad. Sad because it IS such a small part of someone's personality, and really has no effect on how they behave or who they are as a person. It's so much easier to just not worry about it.

Sord
Jan 19, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-01-19 12:32, LadyRedComet wrote:
People are influenced by religion too much, and all too often it's what other people believe that they're concerned about, not with their own beliefs.

That's why i became in athiest. That in experiances in my life. Just drop the subject with your firend and it should be fine. I know someone said that already, but thats the best way to go.

There is a moral here, never talk about Religion or Politics with friends.

Kent
Jan 19, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-01-19 12:32, LadyRedComet wrote:
People are influenced by religion too much, and all too often it's what other people believe that they're concerned about, not with their own beliefs. It's sad, very sad. Sad because it IS such a small part of someone's personality, and really has no effect on how they behave or who they are as a person. It's so much easier to just not worry about it.

You... haven't been down south, have you?

Hell, if you go downtown here, you'll likely be shot for saying you're anything other than Catholic. I even remember my mom telling me Jewish people were evil when I was little. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

ShadowNINJA007
Jan 19, 2004, 04:08 PM
I don't know what South you're talkin' about. I know here in SC, you can throw a rock down a street and hit some Baptist.

Squeege
Jan 19, 2004, 04:21 PM
Hey, I'm Baptist. I'm not gonna really say anything cause when I argue about religions I end up offending everybody! Yay! All I'm gonna say is never date someone who's another religion. You end up hating eachother and crashing her site with hired hackers...<.< >.>......

Scejntjynahl
Jan 19, 2004, 04:25 PM
On 2004-01-19 13:21, Squeege wrote:
Hey, I'm Baptist. I'm not gonna really say anything cause when I argue about religions I end up offending everybody! Yay! All I'm gonna say is never date someone who's another religion. You end up hating eachother and crashing her site with hired hackers...<.< >.>......

And this is a point I really dont understand about any religion... they all promise salvation, but at the cost of others. So much for "brotherly love", meh.

darthsaber9x9
Jan 19, 2004, 04:34 PM
On 2004-01-19 13:25, Furankunichan wrote:

And this is a point I really dont understand about any religion... they all promise salvation, but at the cost of others. So much for "brotherly love", meh.

my sentiments exactly, so hypocritical

Jaks
Jan 19, 2004, 04:39 PM
*looks at the first 4 posts*
That LUV guy is a fuckin' idiot.
How dare he come up and act like he has authority.
Thats why hs ass is banned http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2004, 04:46 PM

To be blatently honest, if you ended up hating each other, you made religion into a big enough issue that you ended up disliking the other as a person.

Exactly my point.

LamerPanda
Jan 19, 2004, 06:41 PM
On 2004-01-19 13:39, Jaks wrote:
Thats why hs ass is banned http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

It's actually because he was a returning banned member. Doesn't normally write like that. Thumbs up for your excellent research.

Religion isn't a bad thing, so long as you actually think for yourself instead of just sort of mindlessly condemning people.

Jaks
Jan 19, 2004, 06:52 PM
On 2004-01-19 15:41, LamerPanda wrote:

On 2004-01-19 13:39, Jaks wrote:

It's actually because he was a returning banned member. Doesn't normally write like that. Thumbs up for your excellent research.

I know, I just don't give respect to idiots like that so I will only refer to returning banned members as their current name + person/guy/asshole/something.

Akdov
Jan 19, 2004, 08:20 PM
I am Episcipalian (SP?) and I don't act like it. Religion isn't too big of an issue, but i do not believe in hell, only limbo.

Genoa
Jan 19, 2004, 09:01 PM
Believing in God won't get you to heaven. Satan believes that God exists and he's not going back to heaven ...ever... Anyways, It's hard to believe in a religion... seeing that they're always being bent and changed around. I just go by what the Bible says. I don't always believe what other people say about what I should believe. I accepted Jesus into my heart, I know that I am saved. And I don't want anybody saying that "oh well that's your religion, keep it to yourself". Um, I don't have a "religion", and my job as a follow of Christ is to spread the Holy Word, and to lead people to Him. So don't judge me for mybeliefs.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2004, 09:51 PM
Heh, thats another point. It's fine if you're capable of giving correct direction to someone looking for it, but if you're pushing it onto someone who isn't looking for it, it's offensive and ignorant.

It basically comes down to accepting everyone has their own space, and everyone just needs to give others respect. Such a simple concept, it's almost comedic how it barely ever happens in day to day things more often than not. =

Squeege
Jan 20, 2004, 04:15 PM
It's not like like we actually made a big deal about it. It's just because of our different opinions and beliefs in general we had arguements about everything.

BogusKun
Jan 21, 2004, 01:21 PM
I worship Shigeru Miyamoto.

Thepandaman
Jan 21, 2004, 02:32 PM
I'm atheist, and to sum up what I think about religions personally (no offence meant)

God is an idea from the past that was used to explain the unexplainable or mysterious. Today in modern society, we now have answers to most of these questions and so a belief is not needed to understand most of life's problems

Saying that, I don't mind religious people. If they're a nice person, I like them, and on the whole I avoid bringing the subject up, which is the sensible thing to do, apart from the odd joking arguments I have with my friend, which always end up something along the lines of:

"God doesn't exist because there's no logical hard proof that he does exist"
"Yeah, but they're no evidence to say that he doesn't exist"
"The lack of evidence to support that he does exist is the proof that he doesn't exist."
"yes but.........

Of course this is nonsense. lol.

BogusKun
Jan 21, 2004, 04:25 PM
I don't believe in anything but what I see...

I remember when I was in 5th grade (when I stopped believing)... I used to pray each day after school in the back of my mom's car, WHILE WE WERE HEADING HOME, and say "God, please make my mom take me to McDonald's so I can have a Happy Meal PLEASE? PLEASE? PLEASE?... Amen!"

And my mom takes me straight home.

Seriously, what kind of S*** is that?

That's why I don't believe.

And Roman Catholic is a bit of a Dark Religion if you ask me.

Genoa
Jan 21, 2004, 05:07 PM
.... *sigh*, because your prayer wasn't answered you gave up on believing. He doesn't answer to greedy prayers. Asking HIM to MAKE your mom go to mcdonalds... yeah ok, I wouldn't let that happen if you asked me. Everything happens for a reason. Oh, and believing only in what you see is limited... Faith is believing in something that you cannot sense (that includes vision). Obviosly you didn't know that. And asking for him to show a sign of his existence is a wicked thing in his eyes. If he proved to you he existed, you wouldn't have faith, therefore, you wouldn't trust him. You have to believe in him. He gave his son for you. If you were the only person on earth at that time, he still would have died for you. JUST you. That's how much he loves us. I'm not trying to MAKE you believe me, i'm just trying to help you. Not just you, everyone. Don't give up on faith, just because you cannot sense him... doens't mean he doesn't exist. The ruler of this world, currently, is Satan. Demons surround us. Hidden from our vision, but they tempt your every thoughts. They love it when you say "God doesn't exist" and all that stuff. They shutter in fear when they hear God's name. They even believe he exists, the Damned can believe... why can't you?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 21, 2004, 05:18 PM
On 2004-01-21 10:21, BogusKun wrote:

That reminds me of a joke religion Akdov and I made 3 years ago called 'Nintendoism'. The concept was very simple, Play only nintendo systems, Own an NES as proof of 'the ancients', and Prove yourself worthy to Shigeru Miyamoto, you had to learn Hylian.
Stupid? You bet. Chilidish? Of course. Fun? You bet.

Outrider
Jan 21, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-01-21 10:21, BogusKun wrote:

A fellow member of my church! And SpikeOtacon, you've just started me down a path.

But seriously, I'm catholic. So w00t for guilt. But I have qualms with it. I pretty much have problems with every religion. I still believe and go to church every week and whatnot. It's the stupid things like basically condemning homosexuals and stuff like that.

Again though, as a catholic, it's my job to inform you we're all guilty and are going to hell. Sorry dudes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 21, 2004, 06:13 PM
ok, just for fun, lets not get into any heated religious debates, or try and inform others that what they're following is wrong.

I will seriously be issueing warnings if it ends up trickling down to assenine fighting over right/wrong of what everyone beleives in. If you can't accept that everyone believes what gives them comfort, even if it's believing in nothing, then don't reply.

Akdov
Jan 21, 2004, 06:44 PM
Technically, I was baptised an Irish Catholic, but I am still an episcapalian(SP?).
And nintendoism was a religion used as an excuse to get out of certain class periods.

Omni-SqwirL
Jan 21, 2004, 07:52 PM
The reason most people drop their faith in something is because of the hipocrites in today's society. There have always been hipocrites that ruin everyone elses view on God. I, for one, am a Baptist at heart and FULLY believe in the Bible. I've been critisized ever since I became one and there has been no stopping. That is what gets most people down and out. I just keep going because I'm not here to prove my social status amongst other Christians, but my faith and relationship with Jesus.

Pushing my faith upon other people is plain ignorant. THAT'S NOT THE WAY CHRISTIANITY IS!!! We are suppose to be suttle in every way, humble also. Society has ruined the image given long ago. The main reason I hear about the subject on Christianity to a non-follower is 99% of the time about hipocrites and never feeling or seeing what there is such a fuss about.

Some people say I'm blind in following such "nonsense". Too bad I've researched all of the other majo religions (Buddhism, Judism, Catholicism, Hindu, and Atheism even though it is not a religion). I've tried a couple, but only one made me happy and I found no flaw in...and that is Christianity. The only flaw I see does not involve the Bible itself, but the people that think they are some "Holier than thou" individual. They sicken me

Hopefully I haven't offended everyone, but just giving a view from a Christian that does not follow society's view on God, but more of the personal relationship I have with him. That is what my faith means to me, and I will follow until the day I die

Genoa
Jan 21, 2004, 09:06 PM
Everyone sins, and even though they might know this, hipicriticy still turns them away. But, they know we all sin, even the christians. It's easier to give information than to use it. Pushing it down peoples throats are bad too, but I get angry when people say my God doesn't exist. I'm sorry everyone, I should be more understanding in this subject. But I want to help. I don't care what you think of me, I just want you to be straight with God. Think of me what you will, I'm just a follower... but also a sinner. You have to look away at the bad side, and focus on the good.

Zzzzzz
Jan 21, 2004, 11:30 PM
I'm Catholic too, but I'm not a good speaker. I'll leave the talking to X, if that's okay with him.

KodiaX987
Jan 21, 2004, 11:40 PM
"My God is stronger than yours!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

Every religious war in history, summarized, from my computer, to you, bastards and bitches. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, admit it. The Star Wars Kid is the only true god.

Outrider
Jan 21, 2004, 11:50 PM
Well, in Britain, you can register as a member of the Jedi Knight religion.

That's what I heard.

Any Brits able to tell me if that's true or not?

Thepandaman
Jan 22, 2004, 02:44 AM
First I've heard of it lol, though we do get some pretty crazy stuff over here so I wouldn't be suprised.

Daethwing188
Jan 22, 2004, 01:55 PM
RELIGION?!?! AH HA HA HA I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 foot pole.... it is an interesting topic... might take Theology...

Later... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 04:56 PM
On 2004-01-22 10:55, Daethwing188 wrote:
RELIGION?!?! AH HA HA HA I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 foot pole.... it is an interesting topic... might take Theology...

Later... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

... ok, you don't believe in a religion but your signature sure sounds religous. Anything with a supernatural related object is considered to be labeled as a type of religion.