PDA

View Full Version : Forum Search and Forum Jump

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 04:05 PM
I have a few questions about the Forum Search and Jump Bar:

1) Could the Search be made to search only one or a few forums, instead of all of them? It is annoying when I know exactly what forum a post I am looking for is in, and I get results from forums that are almost completely unrelated. Also, I'm guessing it would decrease load times. Even with a Cable Modem and 512 RAM, the Forum Search takes a while.

2) Could you expand the Search to have more than one page? (Unless I'm missing the next page button).

3) I made a post on December 5th about the Forum Jump missing many/most of the forums seen here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71139&forum=6&5). It is still not fixed. Any clue when it will be back to normal?

Soukosa
Jan 19, 2004, 04:20 PM
On 2004-01-19 13:05, Ketchup345 wrote:
1) Could the Search be made to search only one or a few forums, instead of all of them? It is annoying when I know exactly what forum a post I am looking for is in, and I get results from forums that are almost completely unrelated. Also, I'm guessing it would decrease load times. Even with a Cable Modem and 512 RAM, the Forum Search takes a while.

There's another way to that to where you can have it search only one forum at a time. Also, what you have on your computer isn't going to affect the amount of time it takes to search for something, it merely matters as to how much stress is on the server.

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2004, 04:28 PM
Okay.

1) How about rewording question 1:
Can there be a way to do a forum search without going to a page (other than in a forum) then to a link on the sidebar to search a specific forum (like do a search from bottom of M/Q/I/ID and looking for something in General)? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

2) I noticed a difference in speed between my old computor and this one. It seems small, but this one is slightly faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-20 09:51 ]</font>

eRUPT
Jan 21, 2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah I'll work on it, I had rewrote the whole thing quite a long time ago (If anyone used to remember it was broken) but those features should be in there.

eRUPT
Jan 21, 2004, 06:45 PM
Oh and btw your first post , point 1 is wrong. You could always search a specific forum. Through the Forum Search Page of course. But I'll work on the per page results.

eRUPT
Jan 22, 2004, 12:03 AM
Ok I've done some work on the Forum Search and its results are paged now. Max Results option was changed to Results Per Page.

Oh and I fixed the forum Jump finnally.

Ketchup345
Jan 22, 2004, 09:26 AM
On 2004-01-21 15:45, eRUPT wrote:
Oh and btw your first post, point 1 is wrong. You could always search a specific forum. Through the Forum Search Page of course.

Ya, I realised that after I made it. How about adding that option to the bottom search bar?