PDA

View Full Version : Secret Gear VS Flowen's Shield

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2004, 04:41 PM
I recently was searching through some screenshot archives, and I found a picture of the Flowen's Sheild. Man, it looks cool. Most of my chars use Secret Gear which SEEMS to be better. Is the Flowen's Shield (or DB'S Sheild/Custom Barrier) worth hunting? Can I still get stat boosts without the weapon? Thanks in advance.

lain2k3
Jan 19, 2004, 06:23 PM
secret gear is much better, and has cooler blocking animation.

Eihwaz
Jan 19, 2004, 07:26 PM
On 2004-01-19 15:23, lain2k3 wrote:

So, there's absolutely no point in hunting down a Flowen's Shield? Meh, sounds like I won't hunt for one. If one drops, heh, then it's a nice little rare to have, I suppose...

If I were to use Flowen's Shield and Frame, would I also have to use the 9 Star Flowen's Sword to get the bonus stats?

PaleKid15
Jan 19, 2004, 08:07 PM
The only set worth using is the delsaber set, and that even has limited uses. Don't waste your time looking for that. Custom barrier has lower stats than secret gear, but it has much better resistances.

All of my chars used Secret Gear as soon as they could, and then waited until they could use Tripolic shield or Standstill Shield, because nothing in between them was better for defense.

VulpesMundi
Jan 19, 2004, 09:21 PM
On 2004-01-19 16:26, Eihwaz wrote:

So, there's absolutely no point in hunting down a Flowen's Shield? Meh, sounds like I won't hunt for one. If one drops, heh, then it's a nice little rare to have, I suppose...

If I were to use Flowen's Shield and Frame, would I also have to use the 9 Star Flowen's Sword to get the bonus stats?

Sounds about right. The Secret Gear is definately a better shield. Better stats, lower level requirement, and it can be used by all classes, while the Flowen's Shield is limited to hunters and rangers. Only real positive about the Flowen's Shield is that it has a nifty looking model. It looks just like a Kasami Bracer, but with bright colors instead of dark colors. And yeah, you'd need the 9-star common replica Flowen's Sword to get the set bonus. Such a shame.

lain2k3
Jan 19, 2004, 10:31 PM
On 2004-01-19 18:21, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2004-01-19 16:26, Eihwaz wrote:

Sounds about right. The Secret Gear is definately a better shield. Better stats, lower level requirement, and it can be used by all classes, while the Flowen's Shield is limited to hunters and rangers. Only real positive about the Flowen's Shield is that it has a nifty looking model. It looks just like a Kasami Bracer, but with bright colors instead of dark colors. And yeah, you'd need the 9-star common replica Flowen's Sword to get the set bonus. Such a shame.

yes, if only you could use flowens 3084 and get the bonus...

Armok
Jan 20, 2004, 08:27 AM
Yer.... dreams of Flowens 3084 and 800atp with set combo

Pity it didnt work and after I'd spent so long looking for all the pieces. Dam skyly vh SB never dropping anything.

Although personally I sit equip my flowens frame and Sheild just out of insanity and the fact it looks cool on my hucast.

Zarana
Jan 20, 2004, 01:59 PM
Secret Gear is better, but it isn't so much better that it will save your life if you want to go for the cool-looking shield instead. There's nothing wrong with going for looks when the difference is minimal like this. I personally wouldn't do it, though.

Eihwaz
Jan 20, 2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, it does sound like Secret Gear is considerably better. Perhaps I'll snag the Flowen's Sheild, just becuase it looks rather effing cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And maybe a Custom Barrier, for dealing with magic-weilding bosses...

Well, I suppose I won't actively search for them...but I'll be glad if I just find one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif