PDA

View Full Version : Rare Enemies and Item drops???? HELP.

Magnus
Apr 13, 2001, 02:07 AM
My friend and I have been palying for awhile and we have never seen a rare enemy and/or Rare Items. We even tried the Slime split. We both started the game seperately due to section ids....but no luck. Are they level based?? I am a android hunter, lvl 68, whitill sec. id. Is there something we are doing wrong........please help with some advise.
Thanks, Magnus

phoenx
Apr 13, 2001, 02:37 AM
rare enemies don't have a high chance of appearing, and usually it's totally random. In my total 230 or so hrs of playing ive only seen an al rappy and nar lily.

so i guess u could keep trying but i dont think theres a special way to have them appear

cotif
Apr 13, 2001, 02:52 AM
yeah, magnus and i have never seen any real rares........it's so depressing........i'll probably freak out if i ever see an Al Rappy.....oh well, just hafta log some more hours i suppose

aziz_the_hunter
Apr 13, 2001, 04:09 AM
I've played for 250 hrs and I have seen three rares. Though it's very very uncommon. I saw the Al Rappy when i did the fake in yellow quest. I think they appear online more sometimes because i've seen the lilly and slime on an online game.

Kerowen
Apr 13, 2001, 04:54 AM
My playing time with Kerowen is less than 50 hours, I have seen an AlRappy and two NarLily. I am Greennil, but I dont think that makes all that much difference.

I think it is a matter of just being there at the right time.

If there is something I have noticed, it is the fact when I see the rare creatures, it is when my hours of play time are equally divisible by 20 (dont know if you care, but it is the truth).

Xulion
Apr 13, 2001, 04:59 AM
For all my time playing on this game, I have seen 4 Nars lily which have given me in order, telepipe,trimate,star atomizer and master ability and one stubborn al rappy that gave me a monomate.

Magnus
Apr 13, 2001, 12:18 PM
Ok thanks for info all. I guess we just don't have much luck. Gotta keep playin and keep tryin =)

Cheech
Apr 13, 2001, 12:36 PM
I have only seen 2 Nar Lillies and a HildaBlue. I did see a Al Rappy, but I wasn't playing, my friend was. Both NarLillies dropped crap, to be exact a Orge/Power and a General/Legs++ (Could you tell how happy I was?! ?_?http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif. Off the HildaBlue I got a nice Soul Eater with 20% Abeast. Exactly what I wanted off of him. I have yet to find somebody that fought a Hildablue to find anything BUT a Soul Eater. Ah well...

Cheech
Apr 13, 2001, 12:39 PM
Oh, BTW... This is what I came a conclusion to...
HildaBlues - Soul Eaters
Al Rappies - Money
Nar Lillies - Units
Orange Slime - Rare armor (usually D-parts and S-parts)

If anyone has gotten anything else from rare monsters, let me know. Also, what's up with those Death Gunners and Dubwitchs? Are they actually special monsters or what?

Draekkan
Apr 13, 2001, 12:41 PM
my character, who is Greennill, has found one Al Rappy on Normal (which dropped meseta), and two Nar Lillies in V-Hard. One of the lillies dropped meseta, the other one dropped a Hero/Ability

Spike
Apr 13, 2001, 03:09 PM
I've saw a total of 10 rare monsters. Here's what they gave:

Pouilly Slimes: 2 gave nothing (Whitill), 2 Flame Visits (Whitill and Viridia), 1 a General/Arm (Viridia). The ones that gave nothing and a General/Arm were made by splitting.
Al Rappy's: Flowen's Shield (Oran), Psychic Barrier (Yellowboze), 1718 Meseta (Redria, just saw that one today! pissed me off)
Hildeblue: Soul Eater (Whitill)
Nar Lily: Dimate (Pinkal, this was on Normal though, so it's not that disappointing)

That Yellowboze Al Rappy was a miracle. I've played through Forest with my ID more than anyone and never saw ONE. So I decided to try telepiping in and out...450 telepipes later, I finally saw one and it drops a damn Psychic Barrier. The curse of Yellowboze...

GhoStar
Apr 13, 2001, 04:02 PM
On the subject of rare monsters, I was playing the other night online with 3 other guys:

A HUmar (me)
A Humar (Jin????) Can't remember the rest of his name
A HUcast
And A RAcast

It was probably the best online game I've played in a while. Alot of good co-op tactics and everyone watching each others backs. Everyone was between level 30 and 40, expect Jin who was level 61 I think. It was my first time on Hard and in the Ruins at the same time. As I entered the game we were just about to fight DF. It was also my first time fighting DF on any mode. Jin????? took on the role of 'leader' so to speak and was damn good at it. Constantly reviving and giving us tips all the way through fighting DF. I just wish I got his card http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. Great player.

Anyways, for DF's first faze of the floating spikes Jin????? was using some kind of red sword with a green handle, that was like none I've ever seen before. I think he may have got it from a rare monster of sorts. I'm not too sure, but it looked hella cool on his Green HUmar.

Gradius
Apr 13, 2001, 04:18 PM
Here's what I have seen and gotten so far:
Al Rappy fake in yellow quest on normal: Money
1 Al Rappy Online Normal: cant remember monomate or something
1 Al Rappy Online Hard: Regenerate Gear
1 Nar Lilly Normal: Marksman/Arm--

Loki
Apr 13, 2001, 04:29 PM
I found two ai rappies and a hildeblue. rappies dropped meseta, and trifluid. the hildeblue dropped a dbs saber.