PDA

View Full Version : GC: Nobody plays Episode 2 anymore?

Barubary6
Jan 19, 2004, 07:48 PM
I went online looking for an open Episode 2 game and couldn't find but 1 team playing Episode 2 in an open game. What has happened that people stopped playing Episode 2?

-- Barubary

Forever Zero
Jan 19, 2004, 08:33 PM
Well, when I suggest to play EP II people sometimes back out with reasons such as: it's too hard, every area has megid, EP I has better EXP points...

I personaly enjoy EP II more than EP I because some areas were planned out better and it overall looks nicer. Spaceship is my favorite area. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Ted_
Jan 19, 2004, 08:47 PM
I for one tend to avoid Episode 2 games. In most of the ones I enter the people play seabed, and the guys there just beat the crap out of me, maybe It will be more fun in a few levels.

Lede
Jan 19, 2004, 08:49 PM
People play it, its just that every one is so addicted to TTF and ruins they don't bother, even tho thru area runs episode 2 is alot better for exp, the're so used to eps 1, plus eps 2 has more of a challange and some people don't like that, which is pretty sad, i for one was tired of seeing forest-ruins since DC days but as you saw eps 2 games are rare and i dont make games often, thats the only thing you can hope for is to just make te game your self.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-01-19 17:52 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jan 19, 2004, 08:56 PM
yeah, its just 'too hard' for the little noobs to handle, i got nothing against Ep2, best rares are there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VulpesMundi
Jan 19, 2004, 09:31 PM
I've actually been playing the Tower quests a lot, lately. Been finding some really good stuffs, too. I can also vouche for another person who's been doing a lot of Tower quests and some Max Attack 2 (Xeno) and another who's been doing Max Attack 2 (Aura). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kevlar_pso
Jan 19, 2004, 09:34 PM
It's just too hard for all the other people out there. They prefer Ep I cause they cannot appreciate a challenge.

Personally I like Ep II more than Ep I. A four player party on Seabed is way more challenging than a four player party in the Ruins. Plus it is nice to be playin enemies w/a different look feel than rehashed Boombas.

Saiffy
Jan 19, 2004, 09:48 PM
On 2004-01-19 18:31, VulpesMundi wrote:
I've actually been playing the Tower quests a lot, lately. Been finding some really good stuffs, too. I can also vouche for another person who's been doing a lot of Tower quests and some Max Attack 2 (Xeno) and another who's been doing Max Attack 2 (Aura). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i wish i could find that MKB http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

soulja2244
Jan 20, 2004, 12:14 AM
Because ep2 sucks in comparison to ep1.
The level layout, scenery, enemies and music are all a step down from ep1.

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 12:25 AM
Its those damn monkeys that spit out Zonde... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Actually, I think it more along the lines that nobody wants to play both VR stages... well, they do suck actually. So, I have them completed offline so I can go do CCA right away on either V.Hard and Ultimate online.

_brainchild
Jan 20, 2004, 12:33 AM
On 2004-01-19 21:14, soulja2244 wrote:
Because ep2 sucks in comparison to ep1.
The level layout, scenery, enemies and music are all a step down from ep1.

LIES!
The scenery in Episode II is way better that Episode I. You look at the crap that is the Forest and then compare it to Gal De Val Island. Plus, the Seabed is just perfect, it's got the creepiness down like in the Ruins, and techy lookin' stuff like in the Mines, except that the Mines looked just too far out there in science fiction.
The level layout is more thought into and less predictable. Rooms are designed so that you will not only have to think about yourself and the enemy, but your position in the room along with obstacles and possibly some laserbars that you'd rather not run through.
The Enemies have much more effort in them than they did in Episode I. Different and more difficult to deal with their attack patterns make you approach them differently and more cautiously, adding more depth and strategy to the combat. Of course that's difficult to appreciate if you're a braindead hunter just running in and swinging Normal-Charged-Charged for damage.
...the music's all good.

Episode II kicks all kinds of bootie.

Nai_Calus
Jan 20, 2004, 12:48 AM
I've noticed that too. I had a friend just leave the game once because they didn't want to play Temple. X_x;

Bleh, so hard to find Ep2 games, nobody ever wants to do them...

Drat it, ST, make an Ep2 TTF already! >_< I wanna see Gal Gryphon more often. :-/

I'll be more than happy to do Ep2 with anyone who wants to. I'm usually on in the late evening/early morning, PST, and generally on Altair 9, sometimes 4, and occasionally Antares 8/Vega 1 when nobody I know is on and I get bored, heh. My chars are in my profile if you want to know what they're called, heh.

And of course I'm always willing to assist in an ET or three, especially if they're SKYLY and you let me call Soul Banish, MKB or Berdysh, lol.

*chokes a Delbiter* SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!!! *hugs a Del Lily* Ahh, sweet Del Lily and your crappy Dragon Slayer, at least -you- occasionally drop. ...And you're cute, too. XD

eNvious
Jan 20, 2004, 12:50 AM
argh... i think vr temple and vr spaceship sucks really hard.... at least i feel myself really boring when im in two first ep. 2 levels... But then seabed and control center with its monkeys are great fun.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ElizaBluefull
Jan 20, 2004, 12:59 AM
My take on EPII as a FOmarl:

It makes me feel like I am alive! For the temple and the spaceship my attack techs are all but useless so I have to go get my melee setup (mechs, soulbanish, inferno bazooka, holy ray, double saber, and morning glory, rainbow baton too) and my periwinkle Sato and go to town the hard way. It provides a different feel of gameplay for me, which I need in these grueling stretches between levels nowadays. For CCA and Seabed, well, megid, megid, and more megid. (As long as it's ok with the team first) And it also requires me to support the party even more. It drives me to play harder and become an even better player. Teamwork is essential in EPII. Who cares if it is full of graphic slowdown? The scenery is breathtaking! I have spent the last 3 days doing EPII. And I will do more of it! I like it more than EP I nowadays.

navci
Jan 20, 2004, 01:11 AM
One thing about Ep II tho.
Sometimes I feel it really does have crap for exp... you go through all the trouble to Tower and it gives you really crap exp and no rare drop (in my case anyway). It's like, if you keep doing Ep I quest like Soul Blade, even if the rare you looking for doesn't drop *shakes angry fist at stupid Sinow Blues*, at least you level. For Tower, it's like, you get thrown around by Del Doggie, and they leave you nothing, not even exp. That's really annoying.

Another thing about Ep II is, sometimes the slow downs are so horrible it just .... piss me off. :/

Like... areas in Seabed with Del Doggies, with Barba Ray... grr. That being said, I think Spaceship kick ass.

kingmurp
Jan 20, 2004, 01:43 AM
I enjoy all ep2, but usually alone. People usually get in my way. Seriously I can get through it easier by myself. I usually don't partner up with people on ep2.

DarK-SuN
Jan 20, 2004, 02:07 AM
It's really a pity, not many play Ep2.
Too much of a challenge for some low-end hunters I presume.

I literally had to force some friends of mine to go to Episode 2 Seabed once, they just did not wanna go in there for Christ's sake, which is dumb since it's one of my fave areas due to the great challenge factor it has plus great layout and graphics.

Maybe Sonic Team should have made a "Episode 2 for Dummies" dificulty, much easier than Normal to keep the low-end hunters happy.

*shakes head, sighing*

RadHaz
Jan 20, 2004, 04:05 AM
hehe, i'm game for ep 2. bring it on.

Jack
Jan 20, 2004, 04:27 AM
I always create Episode II games, even if we're going to do an Episode I quest.

Creasian
Jan 20, 2004, 04:32 AM
Since owning this game since it was first released, and being that its been around 14 months offline, i am ready to soon take my butt online!

I do hope that its not as bad as people say, that no one wants to play Ep 2 because its too hard.

If so.. my dream wont come true. 4 players, ultimate seabed, Aqua "happy boys and girls"
playing in the background, Go and see how long before we all die! hahahahha <coughs>

I wanna see a ULT Seabed ENDLESS NIGHTMARE!!!

<The most fun i ever had in Dc days were the endless nightmares..>

PatserGOUKI
Jan 20, 2004, 06:48 AM
On 2004-01-19 16:48, Barubary6 wrote:
I went online looking for an open Episode 2 game and couldn't find but 1 team playing Episode 2 in an open game. What has happened that people stopped playing Episode 2?

-- Barubary

I guess most people like the older levels a lot.
I myself like the older Episode 1 levels also more.
Tho if you want to play an episode 2 game, PM me, so we can meet one day to play EP 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Im not online a lot though, but recently I played a lot of Temple and Spaceship runs. Allthough I think the levels are irritating sometimes, due of their irritating lay out and some irritating enemies.

PatserGOUKI

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 07:11 AM
[/quote]

I guess most people like the older levels a lot.
I myself like the older Episode 1 levels also more.
Tho if you want to play an episode 2 game, PM me, so we can meet one day to play EP 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Im not online a lot though, but recently I played a lot of Temple and Spaceship runs. Allthough I think the levels are irritating sometimes, due of their irritating lay out and some irritating enemies.

PatserGOUKI

[/quote]

I agree, I think the best level for me is EP1 Forest as its open air and big rooms and it all looks different (where as the most boring level is Caves as each room looks the same) Mines is tollerable and Ruins is a bit boring. I think they should make more online or downloadable quests with places like NEW FOREST or something as its not long enough.
EP2 is ok, The Jungle, Seaside and Mountains are my fav, again because it all looks different rather than like temple or spaceship where you walk through a door and it seems to be the same room but different door layout!
EP2 has good visuals but like you say the monsters can be annoying!

I seem to have ranted on so Im gonna hang my head in shame and leave.... *sob*

MaxBuster
Jan 20, 2004, 11:49 AM
I personally like Ep.2 a lot. It's kinda refreshing to fight enemies who actually know how to run away, unlike in Ep.1, where all they do is charge at you. I guess more people choose to play Ep.1 because of the carryover effect from the DC days. They'll change with time, hopefully.

ILLI
Jan 20, 2004, 11:54 AM
I hate gees http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 20, 2004, 12:40 PM
On 2004-01-19 16:48, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

Name a time and place, Barubary. I'll play Episode II with you.

Heh... Did a Temple to Flow run for the first time the other night. It felt good.

Kurosawa
Jan 20, 2004, 02:15 PM
I love all of Episode II. Unlike Episode I, where 1 of the areas (Caves) is not quite as good as the rest, all of Episode II is good. The VR areas are just a bit of alet down, as they are just rehashes of Ep I enemies. Still, I enjoy them, especially Temple.

Did Seabed and CCA last night, netting a MKB for our time-we were so excited!!!

Zarana
Jan 20, 2004, 02:45 PM
I like the Temple, Spaceship and Seabed a lot, but the CCA is just pathetic. Poorly-designed, poorly-controlled enemies that drop poor items. If I had to go with one word to describe the area... oh yeah, poor. Heheh.

I only play an area if something worthwhile can drop there, and the CCA doesn't fit that criteria for any ID. Eww.

Garm
Jan 20, 2004, 02:52 PM
ep II? is that why the games called ep I & II? need to check it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
nah i play ep II alot because all my good drops are there (except demo comet) and it's just beutifull at the beach... all i need is gettin' online >_<

rhymmney
Jan 20, 2004, 03:20 PM
I love Ep2 actually- it is just more of a challenge to me and I also think the scenery is nicer to look at. It also might be that I wind up playing there less freguently overall since so many people just make ep1 rooms. I think you get a nice combination of creatures. That being said.. I used to hate going there when my char level was lower-not so much because it seemed harder, but because I would get so lost in the bushes or not explore fully the areas and not know where to go. My map-reading skills have improved though, so this is not a problem so much anymore. Did anyone whisper "temples"? ha ha ha...

ILLI
Jan 20, 2004, 03:30 PM
someone i know gets lost in temples http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 20, 2004, 03:53 PM
Hehe. I remember the first time I went to Temple. I got so lost. XD

...Now I can do it in my sleep, lol. Most rooms I even know exactly where the traps are. Sometimes I'll use them to my advantage, lol.

Spaceship is actually my least favorite area of Ep2. I'm a freak. I don't like Jungle/Mountain/Seaside too much, either, although I love the main Central Control Area and the Control Tower.

Seabeeeeeeeeeeed. <3 <3 <3

...Hehe.

I like Flowen's music better than Rico's, too, and Olga Flow is a more entertaining boss fight.(And I don't have to use some shitty weapon if I want to see Flowen, either, just bring along a nice Red Handgun and shoot him with it)

Besides, if the person who made the game has CCA unlocked, you can go see Elly in the Lab. ^_^ *hugs Elly*

GrandWarlock
Jan 20, 2004, 03:56 PM
I don't have any excuse for not doing EP2 except that I get killed in one hit on seabed, and I hate Temple. I don't hate Temple as much as I hate Caves, but who actually LIKES Caves anyway. If I ever find an Ultimate EP2 team that has room left, I almost always join unless I had already made arrangements to do something else. If I were tomake an EP2 team it would be pointless because I can onnly do Temple and, like I said before, I hate Temple. But the most likely reason that there aren't many EP2 teams is that not many people have access to all the levels on EP2, or it could also be everyone's favorite quest, TTF. Lol, TTF could actally be the main cause, considering I don't know anyone who doesn't like TTF. Lol.

Gaurdian
Jan 20, 2004, 04:00 PM
the reason i think it is no longer played is because it isn't in a set order really. Everything is different as far as creatures. people had the first one too long and now they are stuck on it. i can't even get through the first level on episode II without getting bored.

Corey
Jan 20, 2004, 04:04 PM
I usually played Ep2 in VH and Ult before corruption,but now my HUnewearl,level 67,just isnt really ready for ult ep2.Im focusing in clearing ep1 ult right now first...my reason is that those switches are annoying as hardly anyone joins your EP2 game...and the fact I said earlier,as Demicole (my HUnewearl) really cant handle ult Ep2 right now.VH,I could do,but...I just reeeealy dislike those VR levels...I never really have the motivation to play em through...u_u

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-01-20 13:05 ]</font>

Vicious128
Jan 20, 2004, 04:57 PM
It's a shame that people neglect Episode II. The beauty of it is the challenge. Who cares about experience really? Well I sure don't. I get caught into talking more then playing while in Episode II games, so it doesn't bother me at all. Low level players cower in fear when playing Ultimate Episode II because of the word "challenge". Just get a few of your most trusted buddies and try it again. The gameplay becomes exhilarating when you have three others that have a clue on what their doing.

Saiffy
Jan 20, 2004, 05:02 PM
On 2004-01-20 13:00, Gaurdian wrote:
the reason i think it is no longer played is because it isn't in a set order really. Everything is different as far as creatures. people had the first one too long and now they are stuck on it. i can't even get through the first level on episode II without getting bored.

yeah that's the way it seems to be, BTW your sigs too big

Para
Jan 20, 2004, 05:18 PM
i generally note that ep1 people prefer it for fast exp compared to ep2.... they find ep2 an annoyance.

Corey
Jan 21, 2004, 04:20 PM
Low level players cower in fear when playing Ultimate Episode II because of the word "challenge".

For me it's basically the fact that practically anything can kill me in 1 hit on ult ep2...
If I could play Online Ult,then yeah,I would play it,because then people could revive me.

But I have to get to 80 first.
Level 68 right now...12 more levels to go...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
I suppose ULT EP1 offline could speed that up though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Realm
Jan 23, 2004, 02:29 AM
I think that once everybody has played Forest - Ruins a thousand times they get bored and start playing episode 2. At first I would only play episode 1 but I've gotten more open minded as time passes.

Travvell
Jan 23, 2004, 04:40 AM
Episode II just gives less experience and I think that is the main reason. I like pleying episode II and it isn`t true that no one plays it, I allways see a few epII games in lobby`s.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 23, 2004, 10:08 AM
I LOVE Episode II, apart from one simple fact - wall stickyness is at its greatest. I can't stand it! I've played it enough to know where everything is and where to go, its just making your way through it that's the problem, due to all them stamper thingies, and narrow (sticky) passages. *Shakes fist at wall in anger*

Butoden
Jan 23, 2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah the camera can be annoying in Episode 2. Especially the Jungle and Mountain Area when you descent down. The camera gets too low and almost in the ground... And the Spaceship and Temple Areas have too many damn traps!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif I'm sure the East and West Tower quests are cool to do sometimes though, but Episode 1 is more familliar and (probably) easier. Seabed is hell! Like the Sinows! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif Normal Multiplayer Sinow Bots (whatever those blue invisible droids are called) even dealed damage to my LV 80+ Butoden! He couldn't block http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Barubary6
Jan 23, 2004, 03:57 PM
I think Episode 2 Challenge 5 (4?) will be great, the Control Tower.

-- Barubary

ElizaBluefull
Jan 23, 2004, 06:35 PM
That'll be a sight! Ep2 Cmode in the tower...Gibbles, Tower Flowers, Ill Gill, and Epsilon. I find that to be one of the most difficult scenarios already, so Cmode would be craziness there. Good stuff for those hardcore c-moders out there!

GuerillaPimp
Jan 23, 2004, 07:47 PM
to me EpII is just plain boring. Ive played offline up to Very Hard, and it was challenging, but there was no real fun in doing so. It felt more like a task than having fun. No rare critters also hurts EpII, although the rares are a lot better...

Corey
Jan 23, 2004, 07:52 PM
There are Love Rappies,Nar Lillies,Mil Lillies,Hildeblues,and Hildelts in Episode 2.

ERS
Jan 23, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-01-20 12:56, GrandWarlock wrote:
it could also be everyone's favorite quest, TTF. Lol, TTF could actally be the main cause, considering I don't know anyone who doesn't like TTF. Lol.

I don't like TTF.

It may be fast experience, but fighting all the epI bosses over and over again just gets boring after about 4 or 5 times.

Dice788
Jan 23, 2004, 08:07 PM
id be more than happy to do ep II, but theres one problem, i cant go to ultimate yet....in fact the other night i did Temple-Olga run online in hard mode, and it took me 4 hours but it felt like 1 hour cause its so much fun. personally, i wish ST would take TTF off, its starting to annoy me seeing that the only thing ppl really ever do is TTF. i know its great for EXP but its taking away the joy of doing other stuff like ep 2 and/or c-mode.

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 07:10 AM
Sorry for not reading all topic, just saying Baru that I do play Ep2 more than Ep1, especially with my RAmarl and HUcast, and that I, too, wish there were more Ep2 games on crowded places, I usually go to JP ships http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"Watashiwa huransujin desu, isshoni asonde mo ii desuka" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 24, 2004, 01:43 PM
You do level up faster in Episode 1, but (for me at least), PSO isn't all about leveling up. Too many people forget that in PSO, it's all about the journey, not the destination. Stop those Heat Sword runs and do a little Battle mode! Maybe some Challenge! Help a noob! I'm getting very sidetracked here...

Actually, I think it more along the lines that nobody wants to play both VR stages... well, they do suck actually. So, I have them completed offline so I can go do CCA right away on either V.Hard and Ultimate online.

I could not agree more. The Temple and the Spaceship really suck. Well, they aren't that bad (they're probably as interesting as any Episode 1 stage), but they annoy you so much because you know what comes after is so much better.

GuerillaPimp
Jan 24, 2004, 08:43 PM
There are Love Rappies,Nar Lillies,Mil Lillies,Hildeblues,and Hildelts in Episode 2

They are all episode 1 enemies, even tho i understand what you are getting at. Now that i think about it, there are 3 somewhat rare ep2 enemies. Mericol <sp> has 2 or 3 vaiations of it, then there is also Ill Gill and Del Lilly. Both of which are availible online ONLY the tower quests...

Star_X
Jan 25, 2004, 07:18 PM
Ep2 is soooo much better than Ep1. Let me state why it is better:

1. Better music (on ep1 i have to whip out Burning Rangers for all of caves; the music is THAT bad...on ep2, the music is so much better; music disks are only necessary on special occasions)

2. More challenge (who cares if you get your ass megidded off? just play the darn game, and if you get megidded, too bad...plus, challenge is good, seeing as how ep1 is too easy >.> )

3. Cooler areas (Caves is the stupidest looking place of all...temple may be annoying, but at least it looks cool...and spaceship looks cooler than mines. plus, cca is the best area in the game, period.)

4. More exp (seriously, do people even bother to look at how many enemies there are in cca? that area has more enemies than Heat Sword, and you get to journey through exotic areas, too...of course, cca isn't as fast to finish as Heat Sword, but at least it's more fun...and, on easier difficulties, east and west tower are a replacement for ttf, seeing as how ttf is too hard for level 40-60 on vhard, while any level 40-60 person can beat east and west tower without much problems...with a good team of course.)

5. Best boss fights ever (Gal Gryphon is a replacement for Falz on ult, seeing as how only level 130's can beat him alone...may not give as much exp, but at least you get to fight the coolest boss ever...Olga Flow is also a cool boss fight, and is the ULTIMATE goal for legits to beat alone...how can you refuse not beating the coolest boss of all, who is also the hardest boss in the game?)

6: NO DUPING!!!!!!!!!! (you don't have to worry about new dupers joining your game and trying to dupe your prized item, only to see it blamzored by fsod...that's good enough for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif [i lost a God/Arm to a rookie duper who fsoded himself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ] )

And the best reason of all...
7. Elly (best. npc. evar.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Star_X on 2004-01-26 18:22 ]</font>

VGFreakMak
Jan 25, 2004, 10:53 PM
personally, I think of Episode 2 as the lesser of the two episodes. here are my reasons:

1.half of the game is literally rehash, don't get me wrong, it's nice to see old faces, but they didn't need to use 2 of the 4 worlds for training.

2.like said before, less experience points. I know exp isn't everything, but when I kill one of the damned Delbiters I want it to be worth my while

3. cheap ass enemies: this isn't "intelligence", these enemies are cheap. A Delbiter has more HP than a frikin dragon and it just does the same thing over, pounce, pounce pounce, and, guess what? pounce! without letting up, the pausing time between attacks is less than the time it takes to use a recovery item, and if you take time to use resta you get a net loss in health. But that's not all, the Gibbles are relentless and the damn Sinows are even more annoying than before, they use technique(which I thought was impossible for robots to use) and they unequip your weapons, geese, while they're at it why don't they just take away all my EXP and beat me with a branding iron? this isn't challenge, you fight enemies who beat the crap out of you most of the time, and when you finally kill them they give you half of what an Ep 1 enemy would give you.

4.the enemies are less imaginitive.
when I first walked into the Mines and Ruins I was amazed, I saw enemies that literally stretched the concept of imagination, that made me rethink the boundaries of what can be done in character design, I loved how Dimenians looked sub-living, and yet didn't have to be taken to the status of robots, the Claws were a Stingray ten fold, Dark Belras looked like the living incarnation of a Totem pole, The Delsaber's design looked like pin-point perfection to me, they looked like creatures yet they behaved sophisticately like humans, in fact they remind me of old pirates for some reason with their style of limb movement, the Chaos Bringer made me never look at a Centar the same way again. but what do we get in Episode 2? A monkey who's basically a face pasted onto an unfinished polygon body, and walking plant(like that's original), a gryphon(geese, rehashing episode 1 wasn't enough for them), a moth, and only one robot, which looks like stacked up building blocks. I'll admit Olga Flow is the coolest looking boss, but 1 out of four isn't that great. And Seabed looks like a dumbed down version of the mines.

5. the learning curve is so unbalanced.
when I first got to the space ship it was a real workout for my hunter, I fought for a good long time, and all I got out of it was the equivilent of what I could have gotten out of one run through the Forest, and yet it was much harder, the Wolves were at least three times stronger, but didn't give off nearly 3 times the Ep 1 EXP. in the temple, Dark Belras are just as tough as they were in EP 1(since when is that fair when you only get sabers and monomates?) but only gave half the EXP. Basically I'm playing through a game that's harder for less experience, and it's boring too. Also, there aren't nearly as many rares as Ep 1.

6. No Hunter's Guild Missions.
Let's face it, they only way to level up effectively in Ep 2 is to go into the same area over and over, but in Ep 1 at least with Hunter's Guild Missions you have a different map, different enemy patterns, backstory and a meseta reward, but leveling up in Ep 2 without the use the episode 1 is pointless, that's why I don't even think Ep 2 should even be an episode, but just an expansion to episode 1

7. the game is way too unfair to hunters.
none of the enemies have ranged attacks like some did in Episode 1, this makes it a cake walk for ranged players, just stand back and shoot, but for Hunters you have to get in close just to get your ass kicked, and using a gun severely reduces your stats as opposed to a bladed weapon. Also, the boss fights are too unfair to Rangers, by the time you catchup with the Gryphon he's about ready to take off again and with Olga Flow's first form he stays half a mile away most of the time and with the 2nd form you can't get close without getting stomped on.

But perhaps I'm being too harsh and I'm overreacting, I'll admit that the game has great boss fights and music(except CCA IMO)and an intriquing story line, but I see it as a mere shadow of Episode 1.

Lede
Jan 26, 2004, 03:56 PM
You will will notice that all the ppl who like eps 1 are just people tha have never played DC pso before, you will get sick of the same cretures, and how can you not like CCA its pretty much the best looking area out of all of them, i remember some one saying its poorly designed, are you crazy? or you just do not know what good shit looks like, im guessing you dont, im figurig this person like "caves" the best.

exp is just fine people just cant kill fast enough to get it as fast as ep1,

TTF was fun back the 1st 2 days it came out but is just stupid an repetitive, its becoming as cheap as recoboxers now. especcially fast TTF which is the most retarded thing to do.

and sinows in CCA give 450+ exp, show me one esp 1 normal enemy thats not a rare enemy that gives even over 400 in fact i think the highest esp iv seen in eps ruins was 380 from either a indi belra or dark bringers? they give way better exp then eps 1 enemies why dont you try planing attacks and knowing what to do rather then swinging a sword and missing then saying "this sucks" i dont have a prob with them, and i dont see why you do.

and yes i would imagine that c mode in control tower will be the hardest hing ever depending on what level and equipment you get, since some people automaticly get hit by delbiters charge thats going to be hard indeed, but hey, bring it anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-01-26 13:02 ]</font>

Auracom
Jan 26, 2004, 04:42 PM
I for one love episode 2, I even developed this sort of tick. Xl everytime I make a game I always pick episode 2 even if I was suppose to make it episode 1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Ah well hehe.

akazala
Jan 26, 2004, 07:03 PM
On 2004-01-19 18:48, Saiffwin wrote:

i wish i could find that MKB http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

im looking for one as we speak, and i like episode better because thier are better weapons thier(MKB,Twin Brand,Sealed J Sword just to name a few of the many....)and i like the layouts off the levels and different enemies also help to encourage playing rather than fighting the same Boomas from day 1 on the DC.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 26, 2004, 08:46 PM
EP2 FUN,FUN,FUN! Long, (espescally for those long summer days) have chancetyo use cool weps, Makes you feel alive. Go to vega 1-(even though it's the enimy) you have a higher chance of having an ep2 game there then ant.8.

InCognito
Feb 1, 2004, 07:35 PM
CCA is an excellent area.

To the person that said they won't play an area unless it has good drops: do you enjoy nothing just for what it is?

Poorly designed enemies? They look better than any of the Ep. I enemies. And the AI is better, as well.

It sounds like you're just saying words and expecting everyone to agree with them :|

trunkszero
Feb 1, 2004, 11:38 PM
I love all of episode 2 its more of a challenge and something new for my eyes to see, im tired of ep1. Only thing fun about ep1 is dodging the megid spitting lillys in the caves.

and this seems to be the only EP2 topic that went on for more than 2 pages o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trunkszero on 2004-02-01 20:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trunkszero on 2004-02-01 21:02 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Feb 2, 2004, 12:32 AM
I love Episode 2..more challenging, however the Experience there is lacking. The fun-factor is definetly a plus, jungle and seabed are my favorites...2 places where a FO really shines...mountains definetly need Cure/Shock...anyways this maybe a totally diff subject and all, but, why do Newman and Humans get shocked anyway? If this is answered somewhere else guide me! ^_^
Anyways, Olgaflow is so intense as well....one more thing.....

TTF is old!