PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dark Falz on Hard

J311Y_M4N
Jan 19, 2004, 08:17 PM
Holy

I can't seem to take down Dark Falz on Hard mode

I get through the first 3 stages really easily, but then I get to the big flying part, and... basically, I run out of supplies from healing before I average 500 damage.

I'm a HUmar, lvl 57. I have equipeed a Delsaber sword and shield. I also have stag cutlery, flowens sword, and a 50% dark railgun. My best spell is I think a lvl 11 Foie.

Anyway

I can't seem to figure out how to defeat the flying bugger, no matter how many times I try, I can't even hit it! Can someone explain how one is supposed to defeat theis titan?

Thankee!

ERS
Jan 19, 2004, 08:20 PM
You can only hit it when it's not glowing, except with a special elemental attack. Try to get a handgun with an elemental special and hit% so you can do damage while Falz is glowing. You can also hit it with techs then. Also, try equipping some HP units or a Resist/Light to survive the Grants attack.

The_Pea_Guy
Jan 20, 2004, 08:46 AM
On Hard, Dark Force's slash attack does a set damage of 250 to your character, so your HUmar needs to have over 250hp in order to survive it. DF can also become invincible for a short period of time which makes it impossible for your physical attacks to damage it. However, even though he's invulnerable to physical assaults, it is still vulnerable to mental techniques, so use your L11 Foie on it, or wait until it loses its invulnerability and hit it with your guns. To survive against its Grants technique, equip a couple of Resist/Saints add-ons on the armour your character is wearing. Also, don't hit it when it takes your spirit inside its mouth or you will instantly die! Dodge its attacks until your spirit returns to your HUmar's body. And finally, have a couple of Scape Dolls to be resurrected in case you die.

Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2004-01-20 05:49 ]</font>

J311Y_M4N
Jan 20, 2004, 12:02 PM
I hope it will too.

I'm not exactly interested in burning Scape Dolls... I don't find them very often, lol

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 12:14 PM
Don't use Foi. Save your magic for Resta instead. On his flying form, always make sure your Railgun is equipped when he's far from you, and use your uprange weapons when he's next to you.

Do not worry about draining your TP to him her with magic when only she can be hit with magic, its a comlpete waste of time.

Shortcut your menus as this:
Heavy Attack, Normal Attack, Resta
Difluid, Dimate, Special Attack

Special attack is really nice if you have a fire gun, its free magic essentially. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Black000Moon
Jan 20, 2004, 12:57 PM
If you are afraid of running out of healing items have 10 momo, di and tri mates and same with 10 mono, di and tri fluids. Also 10 star atmoizers you should be more than set probably won't even need them all. For this you can use alot of magic for resta AND foie.

Mazinger-X
Jan 28, 2004, 05:29 PM
Or you can equip yourself with a Drain Type gun. Mainly either fill, or gush since they do the best. Use the Drain ability whenDark Falz because invincible. You'll drain the HP and then ba, you end up hurting her in the process.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 28, 2004, 06:11 PM
No body said this, even if it is obvious, I shall say it anyway. The point when it is invunerable is when it is glowing. It seems most suseptible to fire attacks as far as magic goes. Right after it uses grants, heal with Resta, the period of time it takes to do this will cause him to miss with his sword. This does not work, however, if he attacks the same place twice. But it will dodge the first one.

Also, if posible, have a gun with a fire special attack. As they said. Try to make it a handgun though, as mech guns can not reach across the field. From what you said your equipment should be very much fine. I faught Dark Falz at level 57 in very hard with equal or less then what you have, you should be able to do it pretty well.

Ketchup345
Jan 28, 2004, 06:31 PM
Slot units:
Resist/Light (or better).
*/HP if needed; at least 390 HP is needed.

Weapon:
Close range- Whatever does most damage fastest.
Long range- A handgun type with a special that works on bosses (Gush Series is reccomended, since it heals you and damages her); the special attack of the handgun is not affected by Falz's invincibility status.

Use Frames/Armors and Shields/Barriers that give light resist if possible.

Never attack when she has your soul, even if she is invincible.

Use Resta dodge when possible. TP should be used for Resta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-28 15:32 ]</font>

Gaurdian
Jan 29, 2004, 01:01 PM
i am at Dark Falz on Very Hard and i am lvl 47. i have equiped 2 God HP and 2 Ogre Power++. i guess i only need a gun. Yamato 60 isn't cutting it.

HairyGoat
Jan 29, 2004, 06:39 PM
Also, when he takes your soul, if you use a Drain type weapon you won't die because you will just gain back the HP that it takes from you.

J311Y_M4N
Jan 29, 2004, 06:58 PM
heh...

Thanks for all the help...

Actually beat him... Unlocked VH too...

Then I corrupted...

So depressed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kaos-Bringer-
Jan 30, 2004, 09:05 PM
erm sorry about the corrupting but did anyone think of him acting like an android and dropping mates and fluids for extras?