PDA

View Full Version : Megid

Pequod
Apr 13, 2001, 04:13 AM
I've never seen Megid used online, and the official PSO strategy guide says it's useless. I tried playing with it when I had a lvl 3, and tho it made a cool sound and looked pretty neat, it did not seem to do anything much more than take up a slot in the Pallet.

But tonite, I have a different feeling about Megid altogether. In fact, I think it's the coolest Technique in the game. It is certainly the strangest.

Anyway, I have a lvl 8 Megid, and I had just finished the Ruins in VH mode, and I was just a few thousand points from leveling up, so, I went into Forest 1. I'm a FOnewm lvl 85. I assigned Megid to the blue button, and started to play around.

Megid did a one hit kill in Forest 1 and 2 about one time in four on Boomas and company (still in VH mode). It did not seem to work on Hildebears, in fact, it seemed to enrage them, but I only tried it on three. But it was what it did the other times, when it did not kill, that blew me away.

Megid always, ALWAYS does something. It does NOT subtract a monster's hit points, and there is no immediate indication that the monster is affected. In other words, there is no text displayed when you connect, like with other weapons and Techniques. But if you see the Megid hit the monster, then it definately did something. It DOES weaken the monster in varying amounts, and it also can slow them down and cause confusion. And, it can make the monsters more susceptible to other Techniques and weapons.

These states are not like what happens to a player or a monster when hit with Confusion or SlowMotion. There are no bands of color. But, you can see them start to wander about when confused, and what is really cool is when their attack is zeroed. They hit you, a blue radiance emanates from where they hit you, and there is no damage to you at all! Not one iota of HP is lost!

Also, Megid can go thru one monster and kill another one behind it. It can weaken, severely, several monsters in a row. Contrary to what the Technique description itself says, Megid can indeed affect more than one monster at a time.

One thing Megid is not, is predictable. You don't know what it's going to do, but it always, always does something, if it hits. Sometimes you see the smoke bounce off, and the bolts go through. Sometimes you see everything go through the enemy. It's very weird.

I have lvl 10 Grants, and I cannot do a one hit kill with it in VH mode, on any monster, but I can with lvl 8 Megid. Until tonite, a more powerful Grants was what I looked for most of all when on Ragol. But not anymore. Now, I want a higher level Megid.

Also, the lvl 8 Megid recharges almost immediately, much faster than Grants. Almost as fast as Foie.

Ukyou
Apr 13, 2001, 05:36 AM
Didn't know it could drop attacks down to zero, but I almost always use it online, or offline. Mine's at lv14 and stuff usually drops like flies.

I admire you using megid at lv8... I never had the patience for it at that level. In my own lil pissy attitude, it never got good till lv10...

VampireLR
Apr 13, 2001, 10:24 AM
My 100 character Vampiric One has a 15 level Megrid. I usually use it on those annoying slips and pan arms and dark gunners. All the annoying enemies that takes a while to kill. To have maximized on your one hit magic you should keep the lock on the target when you cast megrid and hold the button til it hits it. I always kill enemies in one hit. Even with my level 4 megrid on my new char.

Crushinator
Apr 13, 2001, 11:54 AM
Those blue rings that appear when the enemy hits you are just your sheild/barrier defending the attack. Thats why no damage occurs.

merlin
Apr 13, 2001, 04:42 PM
Hmmmmm.Thanks for the info!!!Looks like im going to have to start playing with megid a wee bit more than i have.I kind of figured the spell couldnt be entirely useless, or why would they have bothered to model it into the game??