PDA

View Full Version : Dream cast version 1 and 2

Black000Moon
Jan 20, 2004, 01:00 PM
I see plenty of places there was a version 1 and 2 for dreamcast. I'm wondering version 1 is Forest,caves,mines and ruins so whats version 2? temple,spaceship,central control and seabed? because I heard temple,spaceship etc was suppose to be a new thing that wasnt playable on dreamcast but is on gamecube and x-box. I'm wondering can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks

ABDUR101
Jan 20, 2004, 01:42 PM
Version 2 is Ultimate mode.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 20, 2004, 02:17 PM
Well... Version 2 added weapons, another 100 character levels, as well as the Ultimate Difficulty. It also added Challenge and Battle mode; Temple and Spaceship being exclusive to Battle mode.

It was a separate game operating on the same servers. Much like how we have to select between Episode 1 and Episode 2 when making a game now, in the Dreamcast days, you had to choose between v1 and v2, as people playing v1 could not enter v2 games, and any v2 exclusive weapons appeared as normal weapons in a v1 game. v2 characters appeared with their name in gold, and v2 weapons were listed in a glowing red in your inventory. Techs above level 15 were also introduced with v2.

Rich_T
Jan 20, 2004, 02:18 PM
Ver2 had ultimate, quick select menu for wepons/techniques ( ver1 you had to access these from the start button menu) max level 200 ( ver1 only went up to lv100) battle mode, challenge mode, some player match up/find a player/guild card function, so called higher security to prevent cheating with cheat devices, and for the US version a monthly fee. and maybe a few other things as well.