PDA

View Full Version : hard: i tem drop frequency?

GrandWarlock
Jan 20, 2004, 05:33 PM
hey, does anyone know of a hard mode item drop frequency chart. i really need to see one.

Ayaname
Jan 20, 2004, 05:39 PM
I don't know of a chart, but I can tell you the drop rate is significantly less than the rate of Ultimate and V. Hard.

To determine drop rate, don't you need to know the Section ID as well?

GrandWarlock
Jan 20, 2004, 05:49 PM
On 2004-01-20 14:39, Ayaname wrote:
I don't know of a chart, but I can tell you the drop rate is significantly less than the rate of Ultimate and V. Hard.

To determine drop rate, don't you need to know the Section ID as well?

yes, you do need the section id. and you also need the item that the enemy drops. i've seen item drop frequency charts for normal, very hard, and ultimate mode. but not for hard. please, more people respond, i really need this.

Soukosa
Jan 20, 2004, 06:44 PM
If you give me what drops you're looking for, I can give you the relative rarity of them with the system of ratings I've been working on.

GrandWarlock
Jan 20, 2004, 07:23 PM
On 2004-01-20 15:44, Sounomi wrote:
If you give me what drops you're looking for, I can give you the relative rarity of them with the system of ratings I've been working on.

ok, i'm looking for the drop frequency of either an oran or a yellowboze for vol opt. i know that vol opt drops photon launcher for both of them, but i need the frequency, so i know about how many times i'll have to go through the mines to get it.

Soukosa
Jan 20, 2004, 07:44 PM
Well, the dropping of the Photon Launcher is going to be very random, you could get it on your first try or it could take 30 or more runs. Because of this, I don't list my ratings has perecentages or anything. If you're okay with that, here's the rarity for it (it's the same as all the other bosses on Hard and for all IDs).

Vol Opt's drop is 6 stars.
For comparison, a boss drop of a common 9 star on Ult is 4 stars and a boss drop of one of the better 10 star items is 8 stars.
For further comparison, the drops for the Gillchics and Canadines in Hard Mines for Oran and Yellowboze are all rated at 15 stars.

Take note that these ratings have nothing to do to with the one star ratings listed in the guide here at PSOW. I simply borrowed the aspect of the stars for the ratings.

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 12:27 PM
On 2004-01-20 16:44, Sounomi wrote:
Well, the dropping of the Photon Launcher is going to be very random, you could get it on your first try or it could take 30 or more runs. Because of this, I don't list my ratings has perecentages or anything. If you're okay with that, here's the rarity for it (it's the same as all the other bosses on Hard and for all IDs).

Vol Opt's drop is 6 stars.
For comparison, a boss drop of a common 9 star on Ult is 4 stars and a boss drop of one of the better 10 star items is 8 stars.
For further comparison, the drops for the Gillchics and Canadines in Hard Mines for Oran and Yellowboze are all rated at 15 stars.

Take note that these ratings have nothing to do to with the one star ratings listed in the guide here at PSOW. I simply borrowed the aspect of the stars for the ratings.

ok, that should help me a little.

MaxBuster
Jan 21, 2004, 01:38 PM
15 stars?? No wonder the Secret Gears are so rare.

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 06:05 PM
On 2004-01-21 10:38, MaxBuster wrote:

huh

Soukosa
Jan 21, 2004, 06:46 PM

Before I revised things, 15 stars was a fairly easy drop, especially from a common enemy. Now, when you get up into the mid to upper 20s, then you can call things "so rare".

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 07:04 PM
On 2004-01-21 15:46, Sounomi wrote:

Before I revised things, 15 stars was a fairly easy drop, especially from a common enemy. Now, when you get up into the mid to upper 20s, then you can call things "so rare".

i got a secret gear pretty easily on hard mode, i could probably get another one if i felt like using a level 111 character to go through mines over and over. but since that is so incredibly boring, i won't do it.

heyf00L
Jan 22, 2004, 02:46 PM
If you have a copy of the GameCube or Xbox itemrt.gsl file from PSO and know how to read it, then you can use this (http://trueconsoles.homestead.com/files/misc.html). I might get around to making a chart some day. I want to, but it takes time and I'm lazy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2004-01-22 11:46 ]</font>