PDA

View Full Version : Error 102 and more...

hucasts_rock
Jan 20, 2004, 07:28 PM
Recently, for every other day for the past 5 days, Error 102 popped up. Error 102 says that it could not connect because the provider settings aren't set up correctly, which is strange because I have done nothing to change the connection settings. My father's computer networks to another computer and my Gamecube using an RJ45 connection making it possible to use 56k on a broadband adaptor on my GC.

And the program Yahoo Instant Messenger and the computer game Half-Life are on the other computer connected to my father's computer and both are only capable of getting online through my father's computer. I connect to PSO through signing on to AOL with the proper settings to connect and Winproxy as well.

The next day (Saturday) it works fine, PSO is up and running, so I just shrug and play PSO.

On Sunday, it was the same error 102 message again and now I'm sure it's a connection problem on my side, not server side, because I find Yahho Instant Messenger and Half-Life not capable of going online either...I try all possibilities and yet, failure..
later that night, it starts working again. I ask my dad what he did to get it up and running again, but he says he merely signed on to AOL. ( he is helping me to figure out what the problem is as well). And it seems Half-Life and YIM can go online as well, so I just start playing PSO again, still wondering why the connection failed every other day.

on Monday everything continues to be perfectly fine, no problems at all.

And today Tuesday, THE DAY ON WHICH I HAVE NO HOMEWORK AND CAN PLAY PSO ALL AFTERNOON....Error 102..and I sit here puzzled as to why this connection is always going off and on....the only program that works is Internet Explorer on the computer connected to my dad's (which I am using right now). Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? If you do either post here or PM me. Thanks in adavance! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skuda
Jan 20, 2004, 09:59 PM
some times your IP adresss will change and I think Subnet Mask will change. If not check your clock on your system. That happened to my friend and everything was correct, but his clock was off by 15 minutes. he changed it and it worked.

hucasts_rock
Jan 20, 2004, 10:11 PM
hm, it seems re-booting my dad's PC makes it work, but right after AOL froze up as well as the computer...I suppose I'll try again