PDA

View Full Version : Roasting the Marshmellows

Schpitz
Jan 20, 2004, 11:18 PM
Is it true that if I use a hacked mag, rares will be less frequent than if I used a legit one? I've heard rumors... good and bad. Is there any concrete proof?

Soukosa
Jan 20, 2004, 11:42 PM
Some of the vets say that that happened on the DC versions and some also say that it can happen on the Plus version. But, for the current version, it's been proved false for the most part from what I've heard.

Skorpius
Jan 21, 2004, 02:24 AM
one i heard that makes sense:
any rare with over 9 stars (adding the yellow stars on to the rarity) will not drop.
so far, to me, it hasnt been disproven

Nai_Calus
Jan 21, 2004, 02:29 AM
If we're going from personal observation on Ep1&2, one could come to the conclusion that hacked Mags -make- rares drop, even though that's utter BS. But on the current version at least, it doesn't seem to have any effect, considering that I was the only one -without- a hacked Mag when two Red Swords dropped in the same room in a SKYLY TTF once. >_>;

Sadly, PSO+ will mean the end of open games and a further division of the community, as people who actually want rares will be fscked over by the retards with L1300/1304 Mags who don't care. -_-;;;

As if the sheer stupidity of their use wasn't already bad enough... Nobody needs that kind of stat boost(Unless you're a L80ish RAmarl stupidly trying to solo online, and even then it's a bit retarded), and the lack of PBs makes it all the more worthless.

Schpitz
Jan 23, 2004, 12:16 AM
Aye.
I was asking generally because I actually used a level 1300 Pushan before I made my own legit one. But while doing so, I got next to nothing in the rares department. I guess that's why I aksed.