PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody explain mag evolution for a newbie?

sofakng
Jan 21, 2004, 01:02 AM
I'm currently a level 11 HUcast with a Skyly session id. (X-Box version in case it matters)

At first I started with a "Mag". I feed it a bunch of Monomates (to raise DEX and POW) and it became a "Viruna".

Now I feed it Antidotes (to raise DEX, POW, and IQ) and Monomates (DEF and POW).

When will the mog evolve again? He's currently around level 18 or so.

Does it matter what I'm feeding him? I was told to raise his DEX and POW mostly.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 21, 2004, 02:12 AM
On 2004-01-20 22:02, sofakng wrote:
I'm currently a level 11 HUcast with a Skyly session id. (X-Box version in case it matters)

At first I started with a "Mag". I feed it a bunch of Monomates (to raise DEX and POW) and it became a "Viruna".

Now I feed it Antidotes (to raise DEX, POW, and IQ) and Monomates (DEF and POW).

When will the mog evolve again? He's currently around level 18 or so.

Does it matter what I'm feeding him? I was told to raise his DEX and POW mostly.

There's no difference between GC and X-Box when it comes to Mag Evolution. ^_^

Anyway, there's a couple of guides on this site which outline how the Mag evolves.

Still, the next evolution will be at level 35. As your section ID is Skyly, and you're an Android Male Hunter (HUCast), don't ever increase the mind value.(Don't use fluids of any kind especially)

I would suggest you feed him antidotes until his DEX value is higher than his POW value. This will let it learn Pilla, a more powerful Photon Blast than Farlla. And after that, feed him nothing but Dimates and the occasional antidotes. Try not to let DEF or MIND increase at all.

kingmurp
Jan 21, 2004, 05:45 AM
Special Mags

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031
Normal Mags

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1016

hope that helps

sofakng
Jan 21, 2004, 01:22 PM
Ok, I looked at the guides but I still don't really understand how mags evolve.

Does it depend on what I feed them or do they have a set evolution course?

Should I be aiming for a certain goal or a certain path?

I did feed my mag one moon atomizer by accident, but by feeding him monomates its reduced the mind back to nearly zero.

Ketchup345
Jan 21, 2004, 01:30 PM
Mags eveolve at level 10, 35, and 50.

The level 10 Mag is only based on character class that levels it to 10 (HUnter- Farlla, RAnger- Estlla, FOrce- Leila; try to stay away from FOrces leveling it to 10 usually).

The level 35 Mag is based on what is higher- POW (Golla), DEX (Pilla, most common), and MIND (Mylla and Youlla).

The level 50 (and multiples of 5 if different conditions are met) evolution is based on what stats are in what order and what ID levels it to a multiple of 5. Use this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1016) to find out what Mag you will get under what conditions and what Photon Blast you will learn.

sofakng
Jan 21, 2004, 01:33 PM
So, at level 34 I want to have DEX higher than any of my other stats? (do I want DEX to be highest at 35?)

Once I hit 35, even if POW gets higher, it will still stay at the current mag evolution until level 50?

Should I keep POW close to DEX?

Sorry for all the questions...