PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring Rico

Fomar0153
Jan 21, 2004, 06:14 AM
When i was searching the net and looking at some guides most of them said she died on all difficulties but i think she lives because you see her with the red weapons and then her talking to her dad. I think she lived but am i wrong or do other people agree with me?

And what happens to Flowen at the end of episode 2?
I keep being irritated by the enemies in the spaceship.

hucasts_rock
Jan 21, 2004, 10:15 AM
this question has been asked before and it was confirmed that Red Ring Rico is dead..but I'm not too sure...

Butoden
Jan 21, 2004, 10:30 AM
That ending where you see a pic of her with her dad was probably before Pioneer 1 actually left, because Rico looks much smaller than she did in the game...

Corey
Jan 21, 2004, 04:29 PM
Most people I've talked to about that think it's RRR's spirit saying good bye *spiritually* to her dad.The Principal is just crying because he probably found out that his Daughter is dead.

That is also what I think

Outrider
Jan 21, 2004, 05:24 PM
After all, I think they'd mention if she was alive afterwards during Episode 2.

They didn't, which leads me to believe that you can assume she's not around anymore.

Blitzkommando
Jan 21, 2004, 05:54 PM
I'm not really sure myself... After having completed EP I offline in ultimate, and seen the Rico pictures in the credits, it is rather confusing. I believe that she is dead though and that is just her spirit saying goodbye, but if I remember the look on the Principal's face, he seemed happy. May have just been me. But I do believe she was freed and, at that cost, died.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 21, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-01-21 14:54, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I'm not really sure myself... After having completed EP I offline in ultimate, and seen the Rico pictures in the credits, it is rather confusing. I believe that she is dead though and that is just her spirit saying goodbye, but if I remember the look on the Principal's face, he seemed happy. May have just been me. But I do believe she was freed and, at that cost, died.

You do know that is face stays the same.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 21, 2004, 06:32 PM
She's dead...

The pictures of her running through the different areas are pictures of her trip through those areas, before finally becoming Dark Falz. Remember, that you are consistently only a few steps behind her, really.

Plus, the picture at the end where Tyrell's got an Elysion and she's got whatever the heck she's carrying... Indeed, that was a training session between Tyrell and his daughter, before Pioneer 1 left. Keep in mind that ol' Colin Tyrell was once a hunter, himself.

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 21, 2004, 07:41 PM
i haven't completed ultimate, but from the end
of the first three battles, it looks like she's dead.
Though if anyone can explain why she flies away,
I'll be happy to hear.

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2004, 09:01 PM
On 2004-01-21 16:41, SnoopyEgotist wrote:
Though if anyone can explain why she flies away,

hm, as in free from falz's clutches.. liberated from his possesion..
well that what i thought of http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aziangangster
Jan 21, 2004, 09:31 PM
On 2004-01-21 07:30, Butoden wrote:
That ending where you see a pic of her with her dad was probably before Pioneer 1 actually left, because Rico looks much smaller than she did in the game...

where can u find the picture?

Para
Jan 21, 2004, 11:57 PM
theres still alot unknown with ep3

RFB
Jan 22, 2004, 03:14 AM
I'll never get tired of saying the same thing... The image where Rico is standing in front of Tyrell, in the Pioneer2 principal's room... I dont think it's her spirit saying goodbye, the secretary would not be able to see her. And Tyrell seems kinda... relieved. I think that's SHE, not her spirit. I think she survives afer Ultimate.

kingmurp
Jan 22, 2004, 05:00 AM
As much as I believe that she died, it's as possible to believe.

"The savior of the red child."
works both ways

"ending pictures"
It's possible those are flashbacks, but weren't the red weapons developed on P1.

Maybe she was just reborn at an early stage, thats my take on it.

Garanz2
Jan 22, 2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I think she's dead. After all, when you fight Falz, the first two forms of falz itself are rico, but mutated/warped by Falz's power. Look at the upper body and it's obvious. A human face, breasts, two human arms, sticking out of Falz's torso just above the mouth, all horribly warped of course. And the left arm has Rico's red armlet on it. It's unlikely she would have returned to her original form after being changed like that.

As for what happens to flowen after beating OF, OF falls to the ground, and sort of dissolves into Flowen, who glows orange and flies towards the top of the room. When he leaves your sight, a sword falls from where he dissapeared and falls into the dead center of the arena. In the ending credits, the sword slowly dissolves and fades away from the hilt to the blade.

Barubary6
Jan 23, 2004, 01:51 AM
She dies at the end of Episode 1. She *is* Dark Falz, and you kill her.

-- Barubary

Fomar0153
Jan 23, 2004, 06:07 AM
I guess the ult ending for E2 is the same as E2 normal, hard and very hard

ViewtifulJoe
Jan 23, 2004, 11:13 PM
When you see her with the RED weapons, I assumed that was when she was traveling through the levels and laying those useless talking things. When she's talking to her dad she has not fought Dark Falz yet. When she does she gets eaten or something because she comes out when you beat form 3. Then if it weren't Ultimate you would see the dad grieving or whatever.

Also, why does she have RED weapons? They're made using material from Heathcliff Flowen's wounds. They're an Olga Flow/ep. 2 thing. Rico is ep.1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Lord_of_fire
Jan 23, 2004, 11:58 PM
I think shes dead.

First:
Why all her equipment is available, she would be unequiped and a hunter without his equipment is nothing.

Second:
The picture could be just an old picture.

Third:
She is dead..thats all.

HairyGoat
Jan 24, 2004, 10:13 AM
EP III clears up and finishes the red ring rico/flowen story line.

DezoPenguin
Jan 24, 2004, 10:47 AM
This one really could go either way. As HUnewearl_Meira accurately summed up, the pictures of Rico wielding the Red weapons are of Rico proceeding through the Ep. I areas, just as when you win on N-VH you see similar scenes for your own characters. And the scene with Tyrell training Rico is clearly of her as a child back on Coral.

The only picture in doubt is the one where Rico stands before Tyrell and Irene in the principal's office. She's not translucent (which would obviously make it a dead spirit), and both can see her--but is she a ghost manifesting in the real world, or just the real Rico come home at last? Irene's shocked hands-over-mouth pose might be an expression of "Ahh! You're alive!" or might also be "Ahh! There's a ghost in the office!"

On the other side, in Phantasy Star I the Governor of Motavia was possessed by Dark Falz much as Rico is here in PSO, and after Alis defeats Dark Falz then the Governor is returned to health. So it's theoretically possible that she made it out alive.

And, of course, the "savior of the red child" phrase could refer to a literal rescue or to freeing Rico's soul from imprisonment by Dark Falz.

Ultimately, we've got the same problem with this issue as we do with many of the questions around PSO--no news is, ultimately, neither good news or bad news, just no news. Hopefully, Ep. III will explain some of this. But you know what? I'm not going to bet that it will!

Eeyore
Jan 24, 2004, 11:12 AM
She appears to hunters with dark weapons. So why wouldn't she do the same for her father?

Stormsworder
Jan 24, 2004, 11:56 AM
Rico's cool. She may be alive, she may not. It all depends on what the people at Sonic Team do. Though, I believe she's still alive.

_Sinue_
Jan 25, 2004, 11:42 AM
Hopefully, Ep. III will explain some of this. But you know what? I'm not going to bet that it will!

I believe it does. I've talked to a few Japaneese players and, at least according to them, Ep III does confirm that both Rico and Flowen died durring the PSO Ep I & II timeframe. It also confirms that PSO is connected to the main Phantasy Star series through PSIII. Also, Coral is a Palman society established sometime before Phantasy Star II.

To get the full story of PSO Ep III, you have to play through all of the Arkz and Hunter's stories offline. Unfortunately, their english wasn't the best, and getting specific details in the timeframe I had wasn't possible. So take that info as you will.

rhymmney
Jan 25, 2004, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm...I think she hangs with Elvis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

No, really... I think her spirit is liberated when DF is demolished.

Outrider
Jan 25, 2004, 02:37 PM
On 2004-01-25 08:42, _Sinue_ wrote:

Hopefully, Ep. III will explain some of this. But you know what? I'm not going to bet that it will!

I believe it does. I've talked to a few Japaneese players and, at least according to them, Ep III does confirm that both Rico and Flowen died durring the PSO Ep I & II timeframe. It also confirms that PSO is connected to the main Phantasy Star series through PSIII. Also, Coral is a Palman society established sometime before Phantasy Star II.

To get the full story of PSO Ep III, you have to play through all of the Arkz and Hunter's stories offline. Unfortunately, their english wasn't the best, and getting specific details in the timeframe I had wasn't possible. So take that info as you will.

Gah!

So many spoilers... I didn't see them coming...

Why!? It's just not fair... I'm too young to have a game spoiled... Everyone else keep going, it's too late for me!

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
I am not positive if she lived. But judging by the pictures at the end (I just beat ultimate for the first time) I would say it looks more like what COULD have happened. Not what did happen. So I cast my vote as she lived, I will stick by it, but you never know.

Quo
Jan 25, 2004, 07:59 PM
I don't think we need to see the ultimate ending to determine if Rico lived or died. If you recall, at the end of the DF3 fight, Rico flies upward. After that, two things can happen. Either she escapes the planets gravity (she was moving pretty fast you know) enters space, promptly asphyxiates and dies, or she loses velocity and falls back to the planet. If she wasn't dead after the falz fight, she is now.

badbitz
Jan 25, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-01-25 16:59, Quo wrote:
I don't think we need to see the ultimate ending to determine if Rico lived or died. If you recall, at the end of the DF3 fight, Rico flies upward. After that, two things can happen. Either she escapes the planets gravity (she was moving pretty fast you know) enters space, promptly asphyxiates and dies, or she loses velocity and falls back to the planet. If she wasn't dead after the falz fight, she is now.

there's physics for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VGFreakMak
Jan 25, 2004, 11:06 PM
personally I think she's dead. she was Dark Falz's host and you killed Dark Falz, so she's sure as hell dead, plus remmber the whole "you killed my goddess" deal with Olga? I haven't seen the ultimate ending myself, but I'm pretty sure she's dead, plus her ghost appears in the same fashion as Flowen

Hito_kiri
Jan 25, 2004, 11:10 PM
Ok my opinion is she had her soul stolen from DF and as you defeat him her soul is set free. But has no body to return to.....so she infuses herself with parsectic gene Flow creating Olga Flow......so she is considered died I guess. Just a crazy thought

RFB
Jan 26, 2004, 03:12 AM
On 2004-01-25 20:10, Hito_kiri wrote:
Ok my opinion is she had her soul stolen from DF and as you defeat him her soul is set free. But has no body to return to.....so she infuses herself with parsectic gene Flow creating Olga Flow......so she is considered died I guess. Just a crazy thought

ok, that's the greatest crazy wild guess I've ever heard regarding Rico's fate.

Just... a little detail that makes your theory, apart from uber crazy, also impossible... Olga Flow was created by the Pioneer1 scientist waaaay before you fight Dark Falz.