PDA

View Full Version : Deck discussion?

psojohndoe2
Jan 21, 2004, 10:42 AM
Besides talking about Pouilly decks or what not, anyone else making any decks? Or ideas? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For offline play with Sil'fer, I use a deck built around Flowern's Sword + Flowen's Shield. 3x Flowen's Sword, 1x Flowen's Shield 2x any 1 AP cost weapon. The rest is Attack Action cards, and a variety of defense, one card for bonus dice and throw in one or two decent Assist cards.

Flowen's Sword gives you a base damage of 4, and Sword range damage. Flowen's Shield has 7 HP, and if it's still "alive" at the end of turn, it heals back to full. If it's destroyed, the Link action between Flowen's Sword and Flowen's Shield brings it back to your hand. And get out one of the 1 AP cost weapons, and you can attack twice a turn, have a 7 defense shield that will always be there. Of course, you have to discard until you get a Fl. Sword + Fl. Shield. out, but alot of decks seem to be built on purely getting out one or two cards. ^_^ It works wonders in the battles where Deck Shuffle isn't on, as you can get them both in your first hand every time.

Not sure if this is considered cheap or not ^_^ I'll see when I get online. ^_^ Anyone else have anything they'd like to share?

Tevren
Jan 21, 2004, 11:35 AM
Its a good idea, but no deck is perfect. Several items will destroy your shield in one hit, regardless of if you use a def card or not, unless its a Seal card. Things like Flame Visit, Frying pan, etc, will smash most shields effortlessly.

But no deck is perfect. So if it works good for you, thats what matters.

psojohndoe2
Jan 21, 2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it gets destroyed sometimes, but usually by then I have EX Dice Bonus +1, and maybe i'll have gotten my own Dice +1 card out ^_^ So at that point, I only have to roll a 3 to get it out again. I do actually use 3 Seal cards in my deck, like you mentioned. And what's it called... The defense card for 3 Def Points that reduces opponents AP to 0. It's all about defending that shield, and doing as much damage as possible with the Sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I need to work on it, but need some better cards, will get 'em when I get online.

decswxaqz
Jan 21, 2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, for once, the combo sets (delsaber, custom, flowen) are some of the best cards in the game. On Ep1&2, there were pretty worthless high up. But now they have a really meaning and advantage. I've just got the DB shield/sword set and it's quite nice. A 17 HP shield that heals 1 every turn, and a saber with 5/4 AP. The Delsaber set looks very nice (I've only got the saber but +1AP every attack even if it doesn't kill anything?! hehee).

I might start to try out a paralysis deck. One that does purely paralsysis attacks. I've got quite a few bind and bind kill cards. And a few punch cards to use.

Does anyone know if I was to use a bind kill card on a weapon with paralysis ability, would it kill the card if I rolled a 6 on the dice? I know it works with AP silence and AP/HP swap ability on card (much to my horror -.-).

How do effects filter down the cards? I know that the top card on a combo gives the attack pattern, but what about card effects/abilites? Do they go down through the cards to get to the weapon, or up through the weapon to the action card on top?

HaLLa
Jan 21, 2004, 02:48 PM
Im loving my Force deck now. Using Ino'lis (thinnk thats her name) love the -1 for techs cost.Also get out some cheap wands with high tp and its a go.

decswxaqz
Jan 21, 2004, 03:38 PM
I'd watch out for Rampage attacks. They'd easily kill all of your weapons (if your char has over half HP), and pierce attacks (if you have more than 3 weapons equipped).

But she is very powerful. Too powerful >_<

psojohndoe2
Jan 21, 2004, 04:51 PM
The same can be said of Rel'mitos... Melee force extrodinaire http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Make sure to get dice +1 or +2 out if you can, then something like Huge Platain Fan or C-Sorcerors, and any other cane. With her AT/TP swap, you can pull of some pretty powerful attacks, either AP or TP ^_^ Just have to be careful, and pay attention to the swap.

HaLLa
Jan 21, 2004, 09:58 PM
I think they should add a deck section to PSO III part of this site. Then people submit their whole decks (as in all 30 cards they use) and people can go by that if they want. Also post a strategy of what they do with it. Of course if people dont want others to know theres they dont have too but that would be cool.

Shimarisu
Jan 21, 2004, 11:48 PM
Some deck ideas (I'm not going to reveal my best ones here).

Inolis and Summit Moon, Club of laconium, other cheap canes - Summit Moon adds 1 TP to all other canes, compensating for the lack of TP on Inolis.

Viviana+Rukmin, cheap canes (SO sick of seeing this one) - Rukmin adds uber EXP, so her techs are boosted high AND you get good dice bonus).

Custom Ray set - so freaking cheap. I played this in the final. It's an exp absorber so as long as you have exp, nothing can hurt you. Put THREE seal cards on your deck, because as soon as they see that shield they are going to want to wok it.

Relmitos+Bravace, high AP+TP cane like C Sorceror's - This one works because it takes into account what you have to hand, if you got only 1 tech and your AP is currently 0, cast a tech on this versatile gun then smack them with C Sorcerors. Then do it again the other way around.

Bhima+ cheap canes - Bhima has +4 TP and is an exp decoy. So sick of seeing this deck too.

I've not been playing Arkz of late, because it's hard to hit on an Arkz deck that won't piss off your opponent. I'm good at pissing people off, but dealing with their reaction is not my forte.

Oh and a tip. You can do some pretty lousy underhand stuff with A/H, A/T swappers, absorbers and the relevant action cards. Before somebody crows about finding it here, I just thought I'd be the first to mention it. NOTE - posters on ST's website are saying this is a bug. I won't believe it's a bug until ST patch it. And even then, it's not remotely as dangerous or as cheap as Pouilly. Until POuilly goes, I'm using decks like these to give my Hunterside characters a fighting chance.

Oh and by underhand, I mean, still blockable if the opponent has half a brain. Unlike Pouilly.

- Shimarisu

Jools
Jan 22, 2004, 07:29 PM
Damn my noobishness but whats so good about that wok anway? OK, it swaps ap and hp about but if a card (like a shield) doesnt have any ap anyway then surely nothing happens?

Just curious,

Jools

Nightmarexlc
Jan 22, 2004, 08:47 PM
I had an idea while i was wandering through the card database... I was going have something involing the Recobox/recon recobox reduces anythings movement to 1 while near the box PLUS you can set recon cards for free! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

the recon card seems like a nice sacrafical(sp?) lamb
but that recon+ seems a lil dangerous to me @_@
anyone have suggestions?
How do you think this would work with HYZE? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

fireant
Jan 22, 2004, 11:20 PM
Sounds good

Shimarisu
Jan 23, 2004, 02:34 AM
On 2004-01-22 16:29, Jools wrote:
Damn my noobishness but whats so good about that wok anway? OK, it swaps ap and hp about but if a card (like a shield) doesnt have any ap anyway then surely nothing happens?

Just curious,

Jools

Heheh, you just found out was was so great about the wok. If it hits an item with 0AP, it destroys that item outright.

- Shimarisu

Arislan
Jan 23, 2004, 05:20 AM
Hence the reason I've taken to using Kasami Bracers and Shifta Merges (no Shita's yet, but hopefully soon)

Jools
Jan 23, 2004, 06:57 PM
Hmm, how do you get that darn wok! Just noticed that its an "E" card.

Jools

Nightmarexlc
Jan 30, 2004, 10:19 PM
so quiet here... anyway i had some questions lets say for instance that i want to make a deck centered around Dark typesand use Creinu with this deck.

I'd be greatful for any suggestions http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AppieDPC
Feb 2, 2004, 09:54 AM
Yea Shifta Merge and Wok LOL.

Anyway I was thinking of a Gran Sorcerer Deck(original idea? I doubt it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ), but since I only have 1 Gran Sorcerer I don't see it happening any time soon. Would mostly look something like:
3 Gran Sorcerers
A couple of 1 or 2 pointers (Al Rappy or something)
A load of techs and some defs and some dice+

Why a Gran Sorcerer deck? Well I like the critter and he kicks ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If anybody can try it, go right ahead.
And tell me what you think of it. I don't know where this could go. It has its downsides, but might be considered "cheap" too.