PDA

View Full Version : Sloved 98%true

Sonic098
Jan 21, 2004, 07:23 PM
like the title says I wa looking around different trying to find a way to get red ring and gene flow offline and i found the site plus they got a movie and pics for both. Now i can't give the site cause of the rules but i think e-mail is different(I'm not sure about pm me though) if you want to see this event then pm me and if I think your the right type of person i'll tell you in email.
I'm not bad at the mods but i think that not tell people in pm is bad if its that way. so people its sloved
P.S. I did this 3 times for each offline and got both on the 3 one.

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2004, 08:10 PM
ah, this feels like telling about tp mat available before today's rate & rappy holiday came out.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Jan 21, 2004, 09:13 PM
Considering your other outrageous claims, how you can't just show us the things, all on top of what I know about the game, I'm inclined to not to believe you.

Superguppie
Jan 22, 2004, 03:43 AM
Like Sounomi I'll see it when I believe it. Even if you can't post a link to the movies, which I think might be allowed, (I've seen links to drop-tables on IGN) you could consider just telling what to do and where to go. Then we could all try it, and someone from our very own beloved website could make a movie out of it all for ourselves...

Start spilling Sonic098!

Unless, of course, it's all a cheat, in which case I don't even WANT to know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-22 00:44 ]</font>

drizzle
Jan 22, 2004, 04:48 AM
Well if he can't tell us here my guess is that it's a cheat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

kingmurp
Jan 22, 2004, 05:05 AM
::pounds head on desk::

This is how the sealed j sword thread started.

Superguppie
Jan 22, 2004, 05:11 AM
On 2004-01-22 01:48, drizzle wrote:
Well if he can't tell us here my guess is that it's a cheat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Not necessarily. There is also a rule against advertising other websites. That's what I meant when referring to the drop-charts...

drizzle
Jan 22, 2004, 08:36 AM
True... but you don't have to link to another site just to explain how to get an item...

AppieDPC
Jan 22, 2004, 08:48 AM
I think he can't post it, because it involves a certain trick to get it faster (you could get it the normal way too), but the trick would make you get it sooner. It would work like the Reconbox Trick, you would still get the exp legit (and with that I mean not by codes or turbo controller) but the result is the same as when you would play Forest-Ruins over and over again, which will take more time.

Note: I don't know if Sonic098 and me are talking about the same thing, nor do I know if the method I am talking about actually works. I doubt (really doubt) the method I am talking about actually works, simple because I always thought ST needed to activate Falz's and Olga's drops first.
Anyway here it is:

Get the Red Ring or Parasitic Gene "Flow" Offline and Online
Credit: JiyahSAMI

This is an explanation of how to obtain Red Ring and Parasitic Gene "FLOW" online and offline in a step-by-step process.

1. Any class of character can do this. All HU, RA and FO.
2. Section ID does not seem to be a factor at this point. I used my Skyly HUnewearl to obtain all three of my Gene "FLOW" drops - 1 online and 2 offline.
3. You will need HP draining weapons that don't require you to hit an enemy to deplete your HP. These weapons are:

HUNTERS = Lavis Weapons (Lavis Cannon, Double Cannon, Lavis Blades), Yamigarasu, Soul Eater, Soul Banish.
RANGERS = Yamigarasu, Soul Eater.
FORCES = Dark Bridge, Gal Wind, Soul Eater, Soul Banish (FOmar and FOmarl only)
***You can also try Virus Armor: Lafuteria, Parasite Wear: DeRol, Parasite Wear: Nelgal or Parasite Wear: Vajulla, Luminous Field.***

4. Several Scape Dolls. You will need them.
5. Ultimate difficulty open and Ruins (to get Red Ring on EP1) and Seabed (to get Gene "FLOW" on EP2). You must beat the Central Control Area on Episode 2 to be able to access the Seabed levels.
6. Ryuker technique or a stock of Telepipes
7. Knowledge of the Boss TP Trick (for ONLINE play version)
8. LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!!! You'll need it!

================================================== ===

For Parasitic Gene "Flow":

1. Bring a few Scape Dolls with you and a full stock (x10) of Telepipes and fight your way through the Seabed levels.
2. At the end of Seabed Lower Levels is Olga Flow's teleporter. With your Ryuker or a Telepipe, drop your Telepipe down before his teleporter and take it to Pioneer 2. Use this oppurtunity to stock up on your toolz and things you will need for the fight with Olga Flow. Bring Scape Dolls (enough you feel you need for the fight), drop your Meseta on the floor for later (unless you wanna dupe Meseta again), take your HP draining weapon from the bank and place it in inventory (valid weapons are above) and head back down your TP again to return next to Olga's teleporter.
4. Drop another Telepipe or use Ryuker again. You walways want to have an easy way back to the boss's room in case you die (and this trick forces you to die).
5. Now this time, go into Olga's teleporter for the fight against him.
6. Defeat his 2 forms
7. Now equip your HP draining weapon and proceed to use it's special to drain all your HP until you die. If you have any Scape Dolls on you, drop them before you kill yourself or you may waste them when you die. You can also just keep them on you and quickly press "A" to port back to Pioneer 2 before the Scape Doll revives you.
8. You should now be back on Pioneer 2. Go pickup your money and whatever else you dropped on Pioneer 2 earlier and head back down the telepipe you set before the fight with Olga.
9. Head into Olga's chamber again and then look around on the floor. If you see any red box, that is your Parasitic Gene "FLOW". If not, SAVE your game and redo it (offline).

***If you are doing this online, combine this trick with the Boss TP Trick ...(edit: some minor boss trick explanation)... if the DNA was dropped, it will be sitting there spinning on the platform. If not, repeat until you get one. It will take awhile to have patience.

For Red Ring:

1. To get the Red Ring, you will basically be doing the same thing as you do for the Gene FLOW. But this time, you will do this on Episode 1 Ultimate difficulty and you must battle your way through the Ruins until you get to Falz.
2. Once at the teleporter to Dark Falz, do the same steps as your did for Olga - - Drop your Telepipe or cast Ryuker to always have access to P2 and Boss's chamber.
3. Get your Scape Dolls (as much as you feel you need for your skill level) and your HP draining weapon and return back to Ruins 3 to go to Falz. Don't forget to drop your Telepipes or cast Ryuker when you return to Falz or Olga especially if you are doing this ONLINE.....unless you like running through the whole Ruins 3 or Seabed Lower Levels everytime.
4. Kill Falz in all his forms. Then do your Suicide (OFFLINE). Return back to your TP and see if you got a Red Ring. If not, SAVE and repeat until you get one. You will be doing this a long time so have patience.

****If you are Online, combine the Boss TP Trick with this trick as explained in the Gene FLOW part of this trick. The red box that is the Red Ring will be halfway between the cave and the Dark Control Spire that leads to Falz if he did drop it. Online players can repeat these steps over and over if they know the Boss TP Trick and combine it with this trick. Good luck

***NOTE***
You will be restarting your game everytime you fail to get a Gene Flow or Red Ring when playing offline. The purpose of killing yourself is to go back and see if you got them. You should pick your stuff up from P2 before returning to Olga ir Falz's chamber in search of the DNA or Red Ring if you're offline. This prevents you from having to go through the boring ass Epilogue! or use an AR code that Lee provided (if available) that will send you back to P2 instead of going throught he Epilogue.
(Can't post source)

This was the stuff I was talking about, I don't know if I am allowed post this. It isn't like it tells how to do the boss trick. So shouldn't be a problem. Then again mods might think otherwise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-01-22 06:32 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 22, 2004, 09:11 AM
Ok, but the RecoBox trick can be discussed in detail here. So can the telepipe trick. If it's a trick akin to that I'm sure it'll be ok.
Besides that he (or you) probably could tell the how and where without using any tricks, so at least the 'no-trick'-ers know where to look.
At the moment all I've heard is 'go back to the battle field after doing in Olga/Falz and you have a chance of getting it'. And even that is just a rumor...

MaxBuster
Jan 22, 2004, 09:19 AM
So what's with the 98% solved? If it's really legit, there should be no room left for doubt.

AppieDPC
Jan 22, 2004, 09:27 AM
On 2004-01-22 06:11, Superguppie wrote:
Ok, but the RecoBox trick can be discussed in detail here. So can the telepipe trick. If it's a trick akin to that I'm sure it'll be ok.
Besides that he (or you) probably could tell the how and where without using any tricks, so at least the 'no-trick'-ers know where to look.
At the moment all I've heard is 'go back to the battle field after doing in Olga/Falz and you have a chance of getting it'. And even that is just a rumor...

I had to look for the explanation for a sec http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif read my edited post.
And yes it comes down to it that when you return you could get it. And yes it is just a rumour.
I haven't seen anybody prove it (yet) anyway

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-01-22 06:31 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 22, 2004, 09:41 AM
I already had that one mailed to me by a friend. So at least we are talking about that one. And Sonic098 knows a site that has the movie. I can see the 'trick' part he can't tell, and if the site that has the video also tells about the trick I can also see why that can't be posted.
So, guess we'll just have to try it ourselves and hope to capture it on video when it happens. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Armok
Jan 22, 2004, 12:47 PM
All evidence points to this being rubbish.

As I'm currently doing seabed runs I will try it out. Oh and I'll even kill olga with a red weopon so his ghost appears.

Skuda
Jan 22, 2004, 01:05 PM
This video footage could be for the dreamcast. Just a guess anyway. Sonic, I'd like to view this. if not for proof then just for fun! I'm always up for new stuff!

Corey
Jan 22, 2004, 01:12 PM
No...Dreamcast didnt even have the DNA...but for the red ring it's possible.
I've heard of this also,and the active cheater section poster,SCMFXT,claims he got a legit DNA this way...I actually protested this in a diffrent thread on
"that" site...heh...heh...heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-01-22 10:13 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2004, 01:35 PM
interesting.
now to get a gal wind again... >_>

HP draining armor would do it as well (though its really slow).

if this really works ... with a rumoured drop rate of 1/64... well... worth a try...

most interesting part would be that it isnt necessary to see rico's / flowen's ghost.

good luck to anyone who wants to verify this.

heyf00L
Jan 22, 2004, 02:33 PM
I saw that trick some time ago. My first thought was that it was a hoax. Olga Flow has a drop-anything rate of 0, this is a fact. The only way this trick would work is if it glitched the game and forced him to drop items. Well still assuming that the trick works, getting a gene this way would be cheating and make it no better than the hacks and dupes of hacks.

Still I tried the method a few times just to see. He still never dropped anything. There is no trick, it's a hoax. I presented my case in the thread where the trick was orignally "found" and everyone there would not believe me even tho I showed them how Dark Falz and Olga Flow are set to 0 drop-anything rate. I made a few more posts but I think the people there felt threatened by me just showing up out of nowhere and, well, being smarter than them. So I just said screw it and let them waste their time trying it.

I'd like to see this proof video, but how hard would it be to just drop a gene on the ground, kill Olga, and then film you "finding" it. Or you could easy edit a movie together since there are several cutaways when the death animation plays and such.

Sonic098
Jan 22, 2004, 04:51 PM
all the info that was posted is what i was tyring to say it takes awhile but i can be done the only hard part could be for the legits to find a legit hp wep.

Warning: these might get you a 24 hour ban dunno if its true or not.

TeenGohan
Jan 22, 2004, 04:56 PM
first off i hv played legit since dreamcast and second i am legit now. This DOES WORK it took me about 23 runs of both areas before i got just one gene. I hv never lied to anyone bout these kinds of topics but believe me it can be done. I think that if you people trash this then well your IQ must be below -50. Try it on a free day it works just takes long.

Corey
Jan 22, 2004, 05:20 PM
I believe my IQ is not below negative 50 as I am capable of typing this message telling you I dont believe you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

heyf00L
Jan 22, 2004, 05:20 PM
It doesn't work, but even if it did it wouldn't be a legit way of getting the rares.

TeenGohan
Jan 22, 2004, 05:26 PM
from what it says there is nothing in it that says you must hv hacked stuff. I stand by it 100% as well as bout 20 or so other people and i don't believe you try it around 20 to 30 times I said its takes awhile so if you say its not true then you did it 1 time and stopped so I if thats it then you should leave this to the people who believe it can be done!

Corey
Jan 22, 2004, 05:40 PM
I agree with heyf00l,even if it does work,it is still an unlegit method.

TeenGohan
Jan 22, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-01-22 05:48, AppieDPC wrote:

[quote]Get the Red Ring or Parasitic Gene "Flow" Offline and Online
Credit: JiyahSAMI

This is an explanation of how to obtain Red Ring and Parasitic Gene "FLOW" online and offline in a step-by-step process.

1. Any class of character can do this. All HU, RA and FO.
2. Section ID does not seem to be a factor at this point. I used my Skyly HUnewearl to obtain all three of my Gene "FLOW" drops - 1 online and 2 offline.
3. You will need HP draining weapons that don't require you to hit an enemy to deplete your HP. These weapons are:

HUNTERS = Lavis Weapons (Lavis Cannon, Double Cannon, Lavis Blades), Yamigarasu, Soul Eater, Soul Banish.
RANGERS = Yamigarasu, Soul Eater.
FORCES = Dark Bridge, Gal Wind, Soul Eater, Soul Banish (FOmar and FOmarl only)
***You can also try Virus Armor: Lafuteria, Parasite Wear: DeRol, Parasite Wear: Nelgal or Parasite Wear: Vajulla, Luminous Field.***

4. Several Scape Dolls. You will need them.
5. Ultimate difficulty open and Ruins (to get Red Ring on EP1) and Seabed (to get Gene "FLOW" on EP2). You must beat the Central Control Area on Episode 2 to be able to access the Seabed levels.
6. Ryuker technique or a stock of Telepipes
7. Knowledge of the Boss TP Trick (for ONLINE play version)
8. LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!!! You'll need it!

================================================== ===

For Parasitic Gene "Flow":

1. Bring a few Scape Dolls with you and a full stock (x10) of Telepipes and fight your way through the Seabed levels.
2. At the end of Seabed Lower Levels is Olga Flow's teleporter. With your Ryuker or a Telepipe, drop your Telepipe down before his teleporter and take it to Pioneer 2. Use this oppurtunity to stock up on your toolz and things you will need for the fight with Olga Flow. Bring Scape Dolls (enough you feel you need for the fight), drop your Meseta on the floor for later (unless you wanna dupe Meseta again), take your HP draining weapon from the bank and place it in inventory (valid weapons are above) and head back down your TP again to return next to Olga's teleporter.
4. Drop another Telepipe or use Ryuker again. You walways want to have an easy way back to the boss's room in case you die (and this trick forces you to die).
5. Now this time, go into Olga's teleporter for the fight against him.
6. Defeat his 2 forms
7. Now equip your HP draining weapon and proceed to use it's special to drain all your HP until you die. If you have any Scape Dolls on you, drop them before you kill yourself or you may waste them when you die. You can also just keep them on you and quickly press "A" to port back to Pioneer 2 before the Scape Doll revives you.
8. You should now be back on Pioneer 2. Go pickup your money and whatever else you dropped on Pioneer 2 earlier and head back down the telepipe you set before the fight with Olga.
9. Head into Olga's chamber again and then look around on the floor. If you see any red box, that is your Parasitic Gene "FLOW". If not, SAVE your game and redo it (offline).

***If you are doing this online, combine this trick with the Boss TP Trick ...(edit: some minor boss trick explanation)... if the DNA was dropped, it will be sitting there spinning on the platform. If not, repeat until you get one. It will take awhile to have patience.

For Red Ring:

1. To get the Red Ring, you will basically be doing the same thing as you do for the Gene FLOW. But this time, you will do this on Episode 1 Ultimate difficulty and you must battle your way through the Ruins until you get to Falz.
2. Once at the teleporter to Dark Falz, do the same steps as your did for Olga - - Drop your Telepipe or cast Ryuker to always have access to P2 and Boss's chamber.
3. Get your Scape Dolls (as much as you feel you need for your skill level) and your HP draining weapon and return back to Ruins 3 to go to Falz. Don't forget to drop your Telepipes or cast Ryuker when you return to Falz or Olga especially if you are doing this ONLINE.....unless you like running through the whole Ruins 3 or Seabed Lower Levels everytime.
4. Kill Falz in all his forms. Then do your Suicide (OFFLINE). Return back to your TP and see if you got a Red Ring. If not, SAVE and repeat until you get one. You will be doing this a long time so have patience.

****If you are Online, combine the Boss TP Trick with this trick as explained in the Gene FLOW part of this trick. The red box that is the Red Ring will be halfway between the cave and the Dark Control Spire that leads to Falz if he did drop it. Online players can repeat these steps over and over if they know the Boss TP Trick and combine it with this trick. Good luck

***NOTE***
You will be restarting your game everytime you fail to get a Gene Flow or Red Ring when playing offline. The purpose of killing yourself is to go back and see if you got them. You should pick your stuff up from P2 before returning to Olga ir Falz's chamber in search of the DNA or Red Ring if you're offline. This prevents you from having to go through the boring ass Epilogue! or use an AR code that Lee provided (if available) that will send you back to P2 instead of going throught he Epilogue.

I see nothing that says anything about it being an unlegit way of doing it. the note talks bout Ar for speeding it up but thats if you don't want to bother with the ending credits. I you want to keep replying with bs fine by me but maybe you should try it outside for bout 7 hours like i did and maybe the true fact that this works will sink in.

Corey
Jan 22, 2004, 06:06 PM
Killing yourself isnt supposed to happen legitly namely...it's FORCING the game to activate a drop which ISNT supposed to be a drop yet

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 22, 2004, 06:44 PM
to teengohan: which trick? sonics or one of the posted ones?

Iceninja
Jan 22, 2004, 07:04 PM
Killing yourself isnt supposed to happen legitly namely...it's FORCING the game to activate a drop which ISNT supposed to be a drop yet

Indeed..I hate it when people do this kind of stuff, it ruins the game.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 22, 2004, 07:32 PM
Wait... It says it can be done Offline (I am not going to do it, just want info).

Does that mean I could do it? Never having been online once. I believe that it was activated though... The drp that is... But I agree with the others on that it is not Legit. If you kill the boss, and get the item, then it is Legit, not otherwise.

Like I said though, I saw it on another site for rare ratios. It sayed that Olga and Falz have a 0 drop rate. But it will be activated at some time, I do not know when though. Otherwise, sense it has not been activated, this is not a legitament way of obtaining either of these waepons. It will only be legit when they are activated.

(Hopefully I will have online by then)

flash_fire
Jan 22, 2004, 10:07 PM
This trick seems no more illegitimate than the "pipe trick" or the "recobox trick" to me. Until you can bring a valid point of why this is any more wrong than the "pipe trick" that this site has a guide to, or Someone with the authority to make that decision says its cheating, I will believe it is Legitimate. As for if It works or not? I don't really care and I don't think the gene is really worth getting as all three weapons made with it suck royal ass hole. The Red Ring would be worth It, but Like I said, I dont feel like it. This theory, if true, does bring some doubt into my certainty that all Red Rings and Dark Weapons were illegitimate.

Superguppie
Jan 23, 2004, 04:27 AM
Like flash_fire says. Evading the credits, going back to P2 and then reentering the arena sounds a lot like a whacked variation of the TP-trick, which is considered legit.
On top of that, a fan of Lavis weapons could easily do it by accident: The battle is over. I survived, but barely. Because there's no more fighting to be done, I don't bother healing myself. But I do want to loot the place, hoping for some nice ???s.
Accidentaly I hit Special instead of normal. Aw, that took my last strand of HP. I'm at the hospital. But I still want the loot. So I go back for it. And hey, w8 a minute. That's a red box. I don't remember a crate being there? Oh, no. Now I'm a cheater!?!?!?!?

@Sabin_Linhigh: It explicitly says you can do it offline. If you don't get it at your return, there's no use going up and down to get it like the normal TP trick. You'll have to do ruins/seabed and Falz/Olga again...
IF it is correct of course! The video Sonic098 refers to seems to indicate it is...
But seriously. If the TP trick isn't cheating, neither is this. Unless you use other cheats to speed it up of course...

SJ
Jan 23, 2004, 06:57 AM
Iv heared you can get it (the legit way) offline multi and online because there are no credits.
Is this true and do you need a red (olga) or dark (falz) to do it?

Superguppie
Jan 23, 2004, 07:12 AM
Uhm, read AppieDPCs post. You don't need the Red or Dark weapons. And the HP taking weapon thing is to bypass the credits (and the end of the game) in single user offline...

kevlar_pso
Jan 23, 2004, 01:28 PM
Wow, just one confirmation (or was it two? I'm tired. . . .) this is only the 2nd day of this post and all the haters are sayin it can't shouldn't be done ect. ect. w/out giving any confirmation to the contrary. Just give it a try, you could just delete the item after wards if you want. All we are lookin for is confirmation anyways. If I had a full free weekend, I would give this a try. Family obligations, wife and son, church, and so on have me on lock down. Not neccessarily bad, but I can't obsessivly compulse as I'd like lol.

This is big news. Considering how ST takes care of us, maybe they will NEVER CHANGE THE DROP RATE! That is certainly a possibility. If so, this will be the only way to get those two rares sans cheat devices.

heyf00L
Jan 23, 2004, 01:59 PM
all the haters are sayin it can't shouldn't be done ect. ect. w/out giving any confirmation to the contrary.Um, I said why it doesn't work.

Soukosa
Jan 23, 2004, 03:11 PM
On 2004-01-23 10:28, kevlar_pso wrote:
this is only the 2nd day of this post and all the haters are sayin it can't shouldn't be done ect. ect. w/out giving any confirmation to the contrary.

2nd day of the post, but not the 2nd day this thing has been floating around.

Also, those who say that this would be justified because piping is okay, I can't agree with that. ST knows the bug and they left it there, in fact, it seems to me that they support it. Look hard enough at the drops for the rare enemies and you'll see a pattern to it. ST gave those who can handle piping a better chance at some things. If ST had intended for you to be able to go back, they wouldn't rush you off to the credits after the battle.

Mixfortune
Jan 23, 2004, 03:39 PM
I will most likely just do this anyways when I fight Dark Falz or Olga Flow, since it wouldn't necessarily take too long. If I happen to find the drop, I probably won't even use it.

ilr2000
Jan 23, 2004, 05:48 PM
Alot of people seem convinced that killing themselves and heading back to the boss arena spurs some sort of glitch that activates the boss drop. So far the only thing I've seen are a bunch of words. If I'm going to take someone's word for it, it's only going to be Barubary. As crazy as it sounds I take her technical knowledge about the game seriously, and believe what she says. I know she doesn't exactly post a whole bunch, but if she somehow stumble across this thread, I would like to see what she had to say about it.

All I can say is that this is extremely odd. One question does arise in my mind... after you kill yourself the first time and check back for the drop, why do you stop there? Will killing yourself again be futile?

Jarek
Jan 23, 2004, 06:57 PM
this would've been a lot simpler if they just made it possible to get the drop normally from one of the two. not a real high rate, but not a 0 either. i may try it sometime just to see.

TeenGohan
Jan 23, 2004, 07:18 PM
I took a look around this site and others this might help a bit

The drop-chart says 0% for both We all know that it means online drops. But look at this if ST put rico and Flowen in the game then they must hv hiden the ring and the gene deep inside it too. killing yourself is not unlegit. But it actives the drop offline and activeing something deep inside the game is not unlegit but a good way of making people look hard for it. IF ST had planned on them to be out online it wouldd hv been done before PSO started to become bad. So they must hv put it inside the disk on offline. This thing is not a glitch but a special way of getting it like when you beat a game sometimes it gives you a cheat code to use in normal play so this is deep inside and given to the people who hv time and want to find it. Remember just because a chart says 0% it is not 100% true you would need to prove it to be true and thats something that alot of legits here just can't do cause they are so hooked on legitness if they are not careful they could become the next ADE so I ask you spend bout a week or so offline trying this. I continue to keep doing it and if I don't get it well I got some levels anyway. There are many ways that items can be got and drop charts are not always the best things to go to nor are people who hv done so much on sites cause even they can make a error. I say 0% is 100% true to me ONLINE but not offline.

Corey
Jan 23, 2004, 07:40 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gifKilling yourself to SKIP the game credits is cheating.As I said earlier,it would be forcing the game to drop an item that was'nt supposed to drop.If it was intended to work this way,why would Sonic Team put a teleporter that ENDS the game instead of taking you back to Pioneer 2.Rico is legit,because they are *supposed* to be multi and online mode only,via hitting them with a red weapon.As for Heathcliff...you would need the unlegit gene.
Which would be legit IF Sonic Team activated the drop rate for ONLINE mode,which Does not take you to epilouge,but Pioneer 2,to see Heathcliff/Rico.

Sonic098
Jan 23, 2004, 07:51 PM
I hv yet to see anyway here or anywhere else that says skipping is cheating. You beat them, kill yourself, take your tp, if its not there quit game and start again you don't hv to see the credits at all. Like he said you are one of the people who can't take the fact that something you thought for so long was not possible to get legit now is. times hv changed if you think your right get off your lazy ass and try to prove around 150 of my friends and some legits here that it is wrong. until then if ever I will continue to do as I see fit
LIke gohan said rico IS legit i know that but WHY WOULD ST PUT FLOWEN IN THE GAME IF HE COULDN'T BE REACHED LEGITLY? answer that. I know that many charts here like the mags ones are old not right sometimes. With around 170 people behind me I know that your thick skull will open up soon. If you find it and don't think still that it was legit leave it there and quit that game.

Corey
Jan 23, 2004, 07:54 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Because the gene is going to be activated drop ONLINE.That's why Heathcliff is there.And my reason on why it's unlegit was just in my previous post.

Sonic098
Jan 23, 2004, 07:57 PM
This thing IS TO BE DONE OFFLINE i know for a fact that it is 0% online. BUT THIS IS OFFLINE!!

Soukosa
Jan 23, 2004, 08:09 PM
On 2004-01-23 16:57, Sonic098 wrote:
i know for a fact that it is 0% online.

Drop rates do not change between offline and online modes.

Sonic098
Jan 23, 2004, 08:13 PM
hey thick dude I said ITS HIDEN DEEP INSIDE THE GAME. Get off your lazy ass and try and prove 170 finders (bout 60 pure legits) and myself wrong. stupid little 7 year old brats.

Soukosa
Jan 23, 2004, 08:21 PM
On 2004-01-23 17:13, Sonic098 wrote:
stupid little 7 year old brats.

It's kinda funny hearing you say that when you can't even spell all that well. I have a much better idea of how the game works than anyone that has posted something here.

Ketchup345
Jan 23, 2004, 08:55 PM
On 2004-01-23 16:40, Corey wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gifKilling yourself to SKIP the game credits is cheating.As I said earlier,it would be forcing the game to drop an item that was'nt supposed to drop.If it was intended to work this way,why would Sonic Team put a teleporter that ENDS the game instead of taking you back to Pioneer 2.Rico is legit,because they are *supposed* to be multi and online mode only,via hitting them with a red weapon.As for Heathcliff...you would need the unlegit gene.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif
You use the Red Weapons to see Flowen, not Rico. You need the Dark Weapons to see Rico.

Also, what if this was supposed to be the way to find the items legitly?

Many things are hard to find out in this game (especially this and TJS), and this is one of them. There are still discoveries going on, as seen with the recent discovery that there is a kill counter attached to the Sealed J-Sword.
There are very few things in this game that would kill you, and this could have been the part that was missing for so long.

PJ
Jan 23, 2004, 08:56 PM
Yes, while this is very hard to beleive, I'm going to try to attempt this to see if it works.

Of course, if I find it doesn't work, I can't very well say, "It doesn't work," cause there'll still be people saying, "OMG Y3Z 1T D03Z W0RK L0L LMFAO!"

Ugh. I really hope this works so I won't be flamed for saying it doesn't work >.>

I still don't know if this counts as cheating in my mind... I think about it like the telepipe trick, but the drop rate is set at 0% chance... hmmm...

As in, you can't really prove data is wrong from the game CD, (As in, the drop is 0%) but this would be tricking it into dropping, so I guess this could be cheating... hmmm

I think I'll still try it to see if it works, and I'll throw away the item until ST activates the drops online.

I confused myself with my own post x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-01-23 17:58 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jan 23, 2004, 09:01 PM
On 2004-01-23 17:56, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I think I'll still try it to see if it works, and I'll throw away the item until ST activates the drops online.

I confused myself with my own post x_X

As Sounomi said, droprates are the same offline and online.

I do that a lot too.

DOG21313
Jan 23, 2004, 09:59 PM
Okay, heres how i view it. IF it is true that it will drop, then i believe that it was meant to. I think that if it does drop, its not a game glitch. Maybe ST wanted us to find it in multi, this game was, after all, designed for multi player gameplay.

What if... Its meant to be found like this, but NOT IN SINGLE? Maybe ST wanted you to do it in Multi or online, where there arent credits, because this is a team based game? Maybe they wanted us to accidentally run into flowen when we defeated Flow once, and one day, when we're showing our friends that you can see Flowens ghost, you accidentally stumble across it.

I dont understand the people who have looked into this game, i mean in the way that they have checked Olga Flow's drop... but what I dont understand is that how, based on that data, could they figure out that it isnt actual Olga who drops the gene, but FLOWEN HIMSELF.

Of course ill be flamed for this and told im an unworthy FKLer, but thats what i love about this place. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good day, you probably wont see me much here.

Corey
Jan 23, 2004, 10:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Oi,I'm getting confused...yeah,that is true...
Rephrase that...Heathcliff is legit,Rico is not...yet.What I'm trying to say is,forcing the game to drop something isnt right.It probably could work,what I'm saying is,that,it's not suppose to drop.ST did'nt Intend for it to drop offline...

skipping credits=not legit
forced drop=not legit

Whoops on Rico and Flowen....

Now I feel dumb...

ilr2000
Jan 23, 2004, 10:52 PM
I thought someone said that it didn't force the item to drop, but merely made it possible. I think someone said it took over twenty falze fights before he found the red ring (supposedly). If all this trick does is simulate what the drop will be like in the distant future when it finally is released.... then it'll stand as the most grey of all grey shade tricks.

After all, if and when ST does release the ring, it'll drop from falze like the rest of the boss drops. To me this trick only seems to be "traveling through time" so to speak, when the drop is activated. Sure, there's a reason why ST hasn't released the item yet, and having it so soon would be unfair and unlegit. But in a way it's legit too, because it did drop from the boss that was supposed to drop it.

*shrugs* I don't particularly need the ring as of this moment. Sure it's the best damn shield in the game, but I can live without until ST decides to release it.

VulpesMundi
Jan 23, 2004, 10:58 PM
On 2004-01-23 18:59, DOG21313 wrote:
I dont understand the people who have looked into this game, i mean in the way that they have checked Olga Flow's drop... but what I dont understand is that how, based on that data, could they figure out that it isnt actual Olga who drops the gene, but FLOWEN HIMSELF.

According to the trick (assuming it works - I'm still waiting for actual proof from anyone) the drop doesn't come from Rico or Flowen. You can't see either of them in single-player offline.

What I'm guessing is that the trick suggests that both Falz and Olga do rarely leave something behind, but it drops off the map. If I remember correctly, when you return to the area all the remaining items are relocated to the center of the area (try leaving behind an item sometime along the outer edge of the field and return and see for yourself). But I still have my doubts considering the 0% drop rate on Falz and Olga. It doesn't make sense, unless it's purposely misleading. Do remember that all the other bosses are listed at 100%, but we know that isn't true, either. Very curious.

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2004, 12:04 AM
On 2004-01-23 19:58, VulpesMundi wrote:
Do remember that all the other bosses are listed at 100%, but we know that isn't true, either. Very curious.

I'm guessing that that means their drop rate is set to 100% of the standard boss drop rate for that difficulty. I have checked and it does mean something since if its set to 0, the boss won't drop anything at all. I've done some messing around with Falzy's drop, but I still need to check a few more things.

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 06:54 AM
On 2004-01-23 19:58, VulpesMundi wrote :
If I remember correctly, when you return to the area all the remaining items are relocated to the center of the area.
Not after the boss is dead, try and drop an item after slaying the boss and return to its lair, your item will have vanished.
That alone should prove this theory wrong.
But, about JiyahSAMI's theory (he forgot to mention OROTIAGITO and PSYCHO WAND, and VIRUS ARMOR:Lafuteria does not drain HP) : I have tried it about 30 times for each boss in offline single mode and about 20 for each boss in mutli mode (offline or online), seeing Rico/Flowen every time -- expecting the drop, of course.
I know this is a hard drop and I should perhaps try more. But I do not believe it, especially in offline single mode : dying in order to get it ? yeah, right...

kingmurp
Jan 24, 2004, 07:12 AM
Less talk more action.....

PJ
Jan 24, 2004, 09:08 AM
I just thought of something...

On 2004-01-23 17:13, Sonic098 wrote:
hey thick dude I said ITS HIDEN DEEP INSIDE THE GAME. Get off your lazy ass and try and prove 170 finders (bout 60 pure legits) and myself wrong. stupid little 7 year old brats.

Were all those 170 finders of the Viridia, Whitill, Skyly or Redria section IDs?

I'm sure you tried to verify this with Dark Falz' drop, correct?

I bet you didn't know that Greenill, Pinkal and Oran gets Rico's Glasses and that Bluefull, Purplenum and Yellowboze get Rico's Earrings.

So?

Have any of your friends said they got one of those drops? I highly doubt it. They probably all said they got the Red Ring. And what are the odds that all those 170 people are Viridia, Whitill, Skyly or Redria?

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure they'd all hyave said Red Ring since they probably weren't aware of the other drops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bibi2k4
Jan 24, 2004, 12:38 PM
Excuse me as i will not argue on the legal/true or antything else about this method of drop but i just one to know something.Some people are talking about the ghost of Rico or Flowen and something about killing the boss with a red weapon...what exactly does that means???
Thanks a lot!!

Ketchup345
Jan 24, 2004, 01:34 PM
On 2004-01-24 09:38, Bibi2k4 wrote:
Excuse me as i will not argue on the legal/true or antything else about this method of drop but i just one to know something.Some people are talking about the ghost of Rico or Flowen and something about killing the boss with a red weapon...what exactly does that means???
Thanks a lot!!

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=878

Corey
Jan 24, 2004, 01:35 PM
If you hit Dark Falz with a Dark Weapon,namely,Dark Bridge,Dark Meteor,or Dark Flow,in Multi/Online,and with this trick,Rico's spirit will appear when you return to the area you fought Falz.Same thing with Heathcliff,except you use one of the Red weapons,exclucding Red Scorpio,to see him where you fought Olga.

Bibi2k4
Jan 24, 2004, 02:08 PM
Ok thanks a lot for the link http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
i was hoping that Rico would give a red ring if i could see her...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 2004-01-24 11:08, Bibi2k4 wrote:
i was hoping that Rico would give a red ring if i could see her...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
We all are >_<

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 24, 2004, 05:47 PM
Personaly, I am not completely Legit. (In the respect that I like to give lots of really powerful stuff, to low level characters of mine. I do not cheat) So I am going to test this theory on Dark Falz when I get the chance to do so.

Although I am not completely legit, I will however say this. If this indeed does work, it is definatly not a legitament way of receiving said items. It is merely usign a glitch in the game in order to get items that should be otherwise unfindable. I believe this is more then a good enough reason to reconsider ones actions. Like I said though, if you want it that badly by all means go for it. But if you do find it, do not go saying you are Legit.

ilr2000
Jan 24, 2004, 06:16 PM
On 2004-01-24 14:47, Sabin_Linhigh wrote:
Personaly, I am not completely Legit. (In the respect that I like to give lots of really powerful stuff, to low level characters of mine. I do not cheat) So I am going to test this theory on Dark Falz when I get the chance to do so.

Although I am not completely legit, I will however say this. If this indeed does work, it is definatly not a legitament way of receiving said items. It is merely usign a glitch in the game in order to get items that should be otherwise unfindable. I believe this is more then a good enough reason to reconsider ones actions. Like I said though, if you want it that badly by all means go for it. But if you do find it, do not go saying you are Legit.

I think this post should mark the end of this thread.

Sonic098
Jan 24, 2004, 06:44 PM
[quote]
On 2004-01-23 18:59, DOG21313 wrote:
Okay, heres how i view it. IF it is true that it will drop, then i believe that it was meant to. I think that if it does drop, its not a game glitch. Maybe ST wanted us to find it in multi, this game was, after all, designed for multi player gameplay.

What if... Its meant to be found like this, but NOT IN SINGLE? Maybe ST wanted you to do it in Multi or online, where there arent credits, because this is a team based game? Maybe they wanted us to accidentally run into flowen when we defeated Flow once, and one day, when we're showing our friends that you can see Flowens ghost, you accidentally stumble across it.

Of course ill be flamed for this and told im an unworthy FKLer, but thats what i love about this place. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good day, you probably wont see me much here.

I believe that the J sword was proven but I'm not sure. The counter found in the legit swords was the turning point for the TJ sword problems. This could be the same thing as the TJ. And from the past topics people hv said its FLowen and Rico who drop the items. I hv not tryed that way but if its true than those two must hv drop rates of their own. Falz and Flow will drop normal items from what i hv heard from people here and other sites they just drop VERY RARELY so if a normal thing drops from the boss than you are very lucky. As for the new way if ST didn't put it offline somehow then they would hv out it out online the first day. So i my mind they did not and will not ever put them out online cause they knew the hacked ones would get out so they put them deep inside offline. If they did hv plans to hv it drop online than they would hv banned all the hacked ones the second they came out.
A few of my friends think that the way (like the J sword one) should go into that guide, but thats what they think not what I think. If it did we could close this now and be done with it.

darthsaber9x9
Jan 24, 2004, 07:29 PM
the thing i dont like about these threads, is that i read them(5 or so pages) then by the time i get to the end, there is so many infuriating opinions, incorrect facts and downright STUPID comments to correct, that i really cannot be bothered. and unfortunately it is comming from those with sub-100 post count. which really means nothing lol, just annoys me.

sigh....where will all the bullshit and rumours end?

Superguppie
Jan 26, 2004, 04:31 AM
On 2004-01-23 12:11, Sounomi wrote:
Also, those who say that this would be justified because piping is okay, I can't agree with that. ST knows the bug and they left it there, in fact, it seems to me that they support it. Look hard enough at the drops for the rare enemies and you'll see a pattern to it. ST gave those who can handle piping a better chance at some things. If ST had intended for you to be able to go back, they wouldn't rush you off to the credits after the battle.

Ok, so I'll do it online or offline with a friend, when I am obviously inteded to be able to go back. Doesn't change the fact that the going back thing could be the trigger. Like going back after using red/dark weapons triggers the appearance of Flowen/Rico. These 2 don't pop out immediately either.
What I would like to see is if do it single-player with red/dark weapon and go back, does Flowen/Rico appear. You can't do seabed online solo, so it'll have to be done offline. But DF is reachable solo in TTF...

As for the drop rate 0: That goes for normal drops where the trigger is the passing away of the enemy. In this case (if it is true) that is not the trigger. I have yet to see comments from people that know the drop rate for this particular trigger.

Anyway, I think I'll try it occasionaly. If I happen to be in TTF, or happen to do seabed, going back at the end is a formality...

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 30, 2004, 11:06 AM
OK I know I really shouldn't bump this up, but if this whole theory about getting Olga/Falz to activate the drops, (1/64 or whatever it is) if this is the case, then wouldn't someone have found SOMETHING from Falz or Olga then? I mean, every other boss drops anything from meseta to disk:techniques, and if this trick truly does activate the drops from Olga and Falz, then surely this would also activate the possibility to find any other normal items yes? And not JUST the Gene Flow or Red Ring?

And also to all the people that claim that it's not true because they tried it twice and nothing dropped, even if it was true and for some reason ALL that Olga or Falz would drop was their rares, then obviously with a 1/64 drop rate it's not going to drop instantly for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

And heh, wow forgot about this http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=878 <-- The HUcast Silhouette in that pic is me ^_^; Gawd, it's been a while since that was taken though, pre-corruption and then some...

Corey
Jan 30, 2004, 11:34 AM
Well you shouldnt of bumped this.It could work,but it's unlegit because it's forcing a drop off of a 0% drop rate.It isn't supposed too.

kthxbye

Can a mod lock this,it is bumped after all...
I was hoping it finnaly went down... : /

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-01-30 08:35 ]</font>

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 30, 2004, 11:48 AM
I wasn't really making comment about the issue of legitimacy...

I was just saying that, if no items at all dropped, then wouldn't that disprove this whole ludicrous theory?

I mean everyone is already up in arms and making a big fuss about the method of getting an item that more than likely isn't even true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lillith-Nyo on 2004-01-30 08:50 ]</font>