PDA

View Full Version : Say it isnt so! HELP!

neopsoneo
Jan 21, 2004, 08:07 PM
Well....My legend comes to a hault. Im a veteran PSO player since the first one on the DC... and shortly the servers where closed and i couldnt find a way to make my pc a server lol...so i got the gamecube one and a network adapter ..I palyed for about 2 monts i was loving it! But sadly i cant afford it anymore is there anyway i can get on for free or something? or away to run a pso dc server on my pc? ill try anything please help!

ABDUR101
Jan 21, 2004, 08:47 PM
Don't ask about player run PSO servers on the forum.

And no, I don't think there's any way you can play for free, otherwise everyone would be doing it. =o

neopsoneo
Jan 21, 2004, 08:51 PM
Ah man =(....I heard of a sponsor ship program some web-site said it..is that even possible?......this stinks..

ERS
Jan 21, 2004, 08:59 PM
Sponsorship program? What the hell are you talking about?

neopsoneo
Jan 21, 2004, 09:03 PM
Like i said i got it from a fan web-site lol..5 to 1 says its false...jeese..

The_Pea_Guy
Jan 21, 2004, 09:05 PM
I would love to be sponsored, it saves me from paying the online fee. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

neopsoneo
Jan 21, 2004, 09:13 PM
I would love to play...But sadly my pride and joy of playing PSO is but a dream i still play offline but its not the same ya know?

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 21, 2004, 10:00 PM
You can always play offline, it is all I ever do. Even if that may not sound fun, it still is! If all else fails grab some friends and force them to play it. They will end up likeing the game... I know they will...

oeagrus
Jan 22, 2004, 09:01 AM
But sadly i cant afford it anymore...

Dude, it's nine dollars a month. Thirty cents a day. Maybe we can get Sally Struthers to do a campaign for you. I can see it now...

For the price of a cup of coffee, you can bring the joy of a Hunters License to those unfortunate children who, although they own a GameCube, PSO Game and a Broadband adapter, cannot afford the connection fee...

Seriously though, get a job. Shovel driveways. Mow lawns. Sell your body. Return some bottles for their deposit. Geez.

gallaugher
Jan 22, 2004, 11:26 AM
Agreed. Save your allowance, wash some cars, mow some lawns or get a part time job. I had a part time job in Jr. High & Highschool.

MaxBuster
Jan 22, 2004, 12:59 PM
Haha, sell your body? Nice suggestion. Or pretend that Sparrows are Rappies and go hunt them down and see if they drop any money.

Vicious128
Jan 22, 2004, 04:52 PM
If you had friends that played diablo 2 or ragnarok online, their going to hate PSO with a passion. Trust me.

Outrider
Jan 22, 2004, 04:54 PM
On 2004-01-22 13:52, Vicious128 wrote:
If you had friends that played diablo 2 or ragnarok online, their going to hate PSO with a passion. Trust me.

I kinda find it to be the opposite.

And what some people don't understand is that not all the money most people have is just spending money. Lots of PSO players have to pay bills also. 9 bucks a month can go a long way, especially if you're a poor college student.

undevil
Jan 22, 2004, 05:01 PM
Ummmm. accually he has a point. this game shouldsnt cost anything a month. it should be free no matter what. why do you have to bye a Hunters License for a game?it makes no sense.

Jack
Jan 22, 2004, 05:28 PM
On 2004-01-22 14:01, undevil wrote:
it should be free no matter what.

Bandwidth isn't free, you know. It costs a bloody lot to keep up a server with thousands of regular users.

On 2004-01-22 13:54, Outrider wrote:
I kinda find it to be the opposite.

And what some people don't understand is that not all the money most people have is just spending money. Lots of PSO players have to pay bills also. 9 bucks a month can go a long way, especially if you're a poor college student.

$9 really isn't that much. At current exchange rates, that's ?4.80. For five quid, I could rent a film from Global Video (If I wasn't barred http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) for a couple of nights, and get a bag of ket as well. Or I could get 30 days, a theoretical 720 hours of gaming time (If I was a chronic insomniac http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ). Or I could get half a CD. Or I could get a night out in Consett. It's all relative.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2004-01-22 14:32 ]</font>

undevil
Jan 22, 2004, 05:40 PM
That was my brother. Sorry.

Anyways, if this game does come out onto the PC like I have been hearing, I don't think that you should have to pay the game for the PC, just like every other game on the PC exept for an exeption of some crummy games that not many people play anyways.

As for the X-Box and Gamecube, I do agree with having to pay a fee. It does cost a lot to host servers for lots of people who owuld like to play the game every day, and that is just a measely 9$ bucks (8$ actually).

neopsoneo
Jan 22, 2004, 07:06 PM
Holy only 9 dollars wasnt it 15?

Blitzkommando
Jan 22, 2004, 07:22 PM
I have always payed $9, I can't recall it being more... But then again once it's paid I don't think much of it as the money is gone and I'm too busy playing the game.

neopsoneo
Jan 22, 2004, 07:28 PM
Hmm......Well I dont have a credit cardlol!!! But hey ...I never thought it was 9$ i thought it was 15..my bad....

Nai_Calus
Jan 22, 2004, 09:00 PM
9 dollars is 45 packets of ramen, lol.

18 games of Dance Dance Revolution(Single) or
9 games of Dance Dance Revolution(Double)

Food for two people at a fast food joint.

Several pencils and a couple of erasers for drawing.

A paperback book.

9 2-litre bottles of Mountain Dew Code Red.

More than enough floppy disks to hold the full version of Microsoft Windows 95.

A decent sketchbook.

4 gallons of milk.

9 dozen eggs.

Etc.

See, there are lots of things you can do with 9 dollars! My point? ...I don't actually have one. Just noting that you can do lots of things with your HL money besides pay for your HL, heh.

badbitz
Jan 22, 2004, 09:31 PM
On 2004-01-22 13:52, Vicious128 wrote:

yeah, its the oppisite. I used to play Diablo 2 but moved on to PSO cause it wasnt nearly as good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Buuyon
Jan 23, 2004, 12:10 PM
why doesnt any one understand...SEGA HAS TO PAY FOR YOU TO GO ON! THEY MAKE GAMES FOR MONEY! THIS GETS THEM MONEY! you try to host an online game full of 1000 plus people...its not gonna happen...and why should PC be free? they are still hosting it either way....i know if i made an online game the required me to buy a server and had a monthly bill id charge people...this isnt something you can host on any computer...its not like a frikin game you and your friends made to play online (you know 2d graphics and 3 people on at a time...) people go past the though "well i paid 50 bucks for this game i should play for free!"...think of it in your shoes...you needa buy about...30 servers...needa host em all...and get charged a damn lot a month...would you have onlien for free?

edit:people have private servers...for pso PC...look around the net for em...they are free and for PSO PC full version thingy...(ps you can down load it all for free)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Buuyon on 2004-01-23 09:12 ]</font>

constan
Feb 13, 2004, 04:46 PM
True, people! I would never pay for PSO. BUT! You can still play European PSO 2 for free on DReamcast! I just discovered it a few days ago!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-02-13 17:10 ]</font>