PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Parts

Enigmatist
Jan 22, 2004, 07:25 AM
I read the enemy parts section and did as followed, but still I could not turn my enemy parts into weapons. My question: Do you have to do the quests in that spesific order?

Thanks
-Roar

Ayaname
Jan 22, 2004, 08:51 AM
If you're tring to get Enemy Parts made into Weapons, I believe you need to complete all of Doc. Montague's missions before talking to him in the "Unsealed Door" quest. I believe this includes the quest's "Soul of Steel", "Doc's Secret Plan", and "Secret Delivery".

VulpesMundi
Jan 22, 2004, 08:58 AM
The quest that activates the ability to have enemy parts turned into weapons/armor is Doc's Secret Plan. Once you clear that you can visit Dr. Osto's Research and Unsealed Door to have Dr. Montague alter your enemy parts. He'll be located near the medical center and will alter one enemy part per play thru the quest, so if you have more than one part just cancel the quest and restart it. Remember that access is only granted in the difficulty you cleared Doc's Secret Plan in, but the difficulty you have the enemy parts altered in makes no difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-22 05:59 ]</font>

Butoden
Jan 22, 2004, 01:48 PM
All of you are wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif No just kidding, but you need 1 more thing that isn't stated in all of these replies:

Talk to the Female Android Ellenor on Pioneer 2 when taking part in the (i think) Fake in Yellow quest, it could also be another quest, but she's on Pioneer 2 and she'll leave because you reminded her that she needs to run some errands for dr. Montague.

That's why he'll say: Where is Ellenor!? because she simply forgot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

You could also complete all the quest on normal (easiest) then you can convert them each time you play the Unsealed Door Quest.

VulpesMundi
Jan 22, 2004, 09:49 PM
On 2004-01-22 10:48, Butoden wrote:
Talk to the Female Android Ellenor on Pioneer 2 when taking part in the (i think) Fake in Yellow quest, it could also be another quest, but she's on Pioneer 2 and she'll leave because you reminded her that she needs to run some errands for dr. Montague.

That's not a necessary part of getting Montague to make enemy parts. You don't even have to play The Fake in Yellow at all. It's just the initial three quests to access the next tier of quests and then clear Secret Delivery and Doc's Secret Plan. Don't forget that you need to have unlocked the Ruins in the normal gameplay, as well.

Superguppie
Jan 23, 2004, 04:05 AM
I have found that talking to Elenor in FiY is (at least sometimes) necessary.
On my second char I had done all quests just to open up that possibility. I had rushed through them and not done any extra stuff. When I got to Doc Montague he said he was waiting for Elenor to return from running some errands. I figured I would have to find Elenor and see what was taking her so long. Found her in FiY and when I talked to her she went on her way. After that Doc Montague helped me with my Rappy Wing....

MRBEN
Jan 23, 2004, 08:08 AM
Its not mentioned anywhere, but I had Doc Montague ID my Booma Claw, and it had 0 %'s. Is this normal?

On the Dreamcast if he ID'ed it online, it would have %'s, so do you get %'s on the Gamecube version if you have him ID your parts online?

Superguppie
Jan 23, 2004, 08:38 AM
Yup, all weapons Doc Montague makes have 0% in all attributes, and no hit.

Butoden
Jan 23, 2004, 10:11 AM
On 2004-01-23 01:05, Superguppie wrote:
I have found that talking to Elenor in FiY is (at least sometimes) necessary.
On my second char I had done all quests just to open up that possibility. I had rushed through them and not done any extra stuff. When I got to Doc Montague he said he was waiting for Elenor to return from running some errands. I figured I would have to find Elenor and see what was taking her so long. Found her in FiY and when I talked to her she went on her way. After that Doc Montague helped me with my Rappy Wing....

I'm glad you found this out as well! Time for someone to change the Guides or at least believe us!!

J311Y_M4N
Jan 23, 2004, 11:57 PM
Yes, I second it.

I ran through all the quests to go back and do the Soul Eater Series (MMMmmmm Soul Eating Goodness) And then I found *GASP* a GRASS ASSASINS CLAWS!!!!

So I was all like "WWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

But then I went to play with Dr. Montague, and found *GASP* that he couldn't make it cause ELENOR was missing!!!

*grumble*

So I give up and decide that I'm gonna ignore what everytells me about Mag Cells being only for online (*weep*) and kill rare rappys till I find one.

So I'm doing the TP trick on Fake in Yellow, when I notice Elenor!!! YAY!!! I like Elenor a lot, (Soul of Steal made me cry) so I run over and talk to her, and she dissapears to go to Dr. Montague... I think 'That's Odd...' So I drop the quest and run back to see Dr. Montague, sure enough, Elenor was there! So he made my Grass Assasins Arms into a Pair of cool looking swords!!! Which I can't use!!! But still look exceptionally SPIFFY!!!!

WOO!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2004, 12:34 AM
On 2004-01-23 20:57, J311Y_M4N wrote:
Yes, I second it.

I ran through all the quests to go back and do the Soul Eater Series (MMMmmmm Soul Eating Goodness) And then I found *GASP* a GRASS ASSASINS CLAWS!!!!

So I was all like "WWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

But then I went to play with Dr. Montague, and found *GASP* that he couldn't make it cause ELENOR was missing!!!

*grumble*

So I give up and decide that I'm gonna ignore what everytells me about Mag Cells being only for online (*weep*) and kill rare rappys till I find one.

So I'm doing the TP trick on Fake in Yellow, when I notice Elenor!!! YAY!!! I like Elenor a lot, (Soul of Steal made me cry) so I run over and talk to her, and she dissapears to go to Dr. Montague... I think 'That's Odd...' So I drop the quest and run back to see Dr. Montague, sure enough, Elenor was there! So he made my Grass Assasins Arms into a Pair of cool looking swords!!! Which I can't use!!! But still look exceptionally SPIFFY!!!!

WOO!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Just so you know, you'll only be wasting your time killing rare rappies for a mag cell. ONLY Holiday rappies drop them. I can promise you that you will NEVER find a cell offline from a rare rappy. Your time would be better spent piping for other items from other rare enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-23 21:43 ]</font>

Enigmatist
Feb 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
I just tried talking to Ellenor in the fake in yellow, but it didnt work, nothing happend. Do you have to complete all of the quests and then do it?
I have done all the quest that i am suppost to do...and it still wont work! buhu:(

Allthough, I would just like to say thanks for all your help and I hope someone puts this useful information on the site. That help that is there is worth nothing, compared to the help that is on this topic.
Thanks alot:)

-Roar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Enigmatist on 2004-02-02 05:49 ]</font>

Superguppie
Feb 2, 2004, 09:23 AM
Hm, odd. I don't really know. The characters that I usualy have take the parts to Doc have all quests done. I might check it someday with one of my younger chars...

Butoden
Feb 2, 2004, 10:47 AM
On 2004-02-02 06:23, Superguppie wrote:
Hm, odd. I don't really know. The characters that I usualy have take the parts to Doc have all quests done. I might check it someday with one of my younger chars...

I also completed all the Quests on Normal first because that was the easiest, then I was able to convert them in 2 different Quests with Montague. The one is where you fight Beta 1337 and the other is Unsealed Door.