PDA

View Full Version : If you could destroy one kind of music, what would it be?

Daethwing188
Jan 22, 2004, 01:48 PM
If you could destroy oone kind, you choose...

Later... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

Omni-SqwirL
Jan 22, 2004, 01:57 PM
Rap/Hip hop gets my vote big time

Anything too repetitive really, including punk

Bradicus
Jan 22, 2004, 02:11 PM
Rap is pop right now... what does that make pop? unpop?!?

shifter
Jan 22, 2004, 02:30 PM
i agree with u omni, rap has gotten so bad since it first can out. i use to listen to it all the time, it was very entertaining, but now, since its gone gangater(stupid term that really doesnt apply to any of these rappers) all rap is killin people, smoken weed, blingbling, cars, and sex. if u could see just how badly rap has just corrupted young people, ud agree that rap should be gone immediately(sp).

Scejntjynahl
Jan 22, 2004, 02:41 PM
country rap, that stuff hurts my ears LOL

Blitzkommando
Jan 22, 2004, 02:45 PM
I agree with shifter, rap is just plain annoying. Especially during the summer with the windows rolled down in the car and some jerk drives up next to you with untold ammounts of speakers pumping out that annoying thudding noise... It has gotten to the point where you don't even have to roll down the windows anymore though as it reverberates the pavement. >.<

muff
Jan 22, 2004, 04:02 PM
R to the A to the P.

And dont turn this into a rock vs rap thread.

(Not saying anyone has, it's just I can see it happening. I have a respect for some rap artists, but most of them I don't have respect for. I also find the music boring, repetitive and meaniningless.)

Reiya
Jan 22, 2004, 04:13 PM
Im a huge hip hop fan but i gotta admit rap has gone down hill in recent years....if only we can get the same classic authentic shit we used to get back in the day in hip hops golden era late 80's - 1997.

and i vote rock/metal that music is just meaningless plain noise it has no meaning....

and i agree dont turn this into a rock vs rap thread because the minority in PSOW are black, the minority being less than 10% ofcourse.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiya on 2004-01-22 13:17 ]</font>

derBauer
Jan 22, 2004, 04:36 PM
Rap music doesn't bother me as much as dumbasses that walk around rapping with their $2 fake platinum shit hanging 4 feet off their neck screaming and yelling about every little damn thing that crosses their mind.
Calling the music the problem is like calling the NBA the problem for why so mnay urban youths wastes their lives thinking they can play in the NBA someday because they can cross somebody over or dunk.
Music is not the problem, dumbasses are the problem. And if you are going to say rap music wastes those kids lives, then you better be willing to admit that it is GTA3's fault for the I-270 shootings in Ohio.

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 04:52 PM
Rap is Crap (my opinion), F*** this and F*** that, rapin people, shootin people, blah blah, it's all the same now, just a slightly different beat.

Firocket1690
Jan 22, 2004, 05:00 PM
http://theshadowzone.kimugroup.com/eminem.jpg

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 05:02 PM
On 2004-01-22 14:00, Firocket1690 wrote:

What do you mean Satans Child! Stop giving him THAT much credit!

shifter
Jan 22, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-01-22 13:36, derBauer wrote:
Music is not the problem, dumbasses are the problem.

i agree with u in part. sure most of the people u see walking around sing rap or blasting it out of their car windows, are bumbasses. but when u grow up with this kind of rap, being played all the time on the tv and radio, u begin to think that this is really exceptable(sp).

now i know u made the point about saying the same for games, but this is really invaled(no offence). how many hours do most gamers get in, before they have to do a chore(sp), homework, go out someplace, etc. even on the weekends, most parents will actually tell u to stop playing after a while. however, if u play ur music(at ur usual lvl) parents will most likely say nothing to u, unless its something they really hate. since rap is considered music, some black parents see nothing wrong with letting there children listen to rap, after all now adays most parents grew up on it. and if its something they grew up on, it cant be that bad.

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 05:37 PM
... actually, I think that the musicians are quite good in all catagories, it's the vocals are the problem. The beat and all is nice, but what they say can ruin the entire song. Some rap has a nice sound, but the lyrics just make you wanna scream, which makes you hate the sound because all you can think of is the lyrics. (my opinion)

Sord
Jan 22, 2004, 05:41 PM
rap/hip hop SUX! God, i am so sick of hereing all the damn lingo that stuff started. A bit of raps good, like in songs such as In The End, even though most people stopped liking that song. And others such as Clint Eastwood by Gorrilaz. Hip hops not extremly bad, but it's still annoying. Honesty, i like techno/electronica...except for the ones that are 6 minutes long and only one part looped about a million times. That's why i like about 7 songs from Daft Punk, they actually have words in them that don't repeat over in over. Even got a cool techno song about love. Beat that in my book and your music is pretty impressive to me.

Kent
Jan 22, 2004, 10:55 PM
Rap.

I don't think I need to give a reason, unless it's being given to an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2004-01-22 20:00 ]</font>

JohanCC
Jan 22, 2004, 11:06 PM
The one that rhymes with crap.

Amiadon
Jan 23, 2004, 12:15 AM

I'm glad you used the right pentagram there.

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 12:21 AM
On 2004-01-22 21:15, Amiadon wrote:

you forgot the circle though

hollowtip
Jan 23, 2004, 12:29 AM
STOP CLUMPING THE RAP AND HIP HOP GENRE TOGETHER. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT MUSICAL MEDIUMS.

They are two different categories. Hip Hop is played in clubs where people can dance to meaningless lyrics just to attain an image and have fun while they're drunk. 90% of the popular radio stations play mainstream hip hop where style over substance reigns supreme.

You guys don't hear quality rap, just senseless garbage that has a catchy beat.

Hip-Hop is also more of a culture.

So please, don't put the two as if they are synonymous because they aren't. They do have their similarities but they are not the same.

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 12:30 AM
On 2004-01-22 21:29, hollowtip wrote:
STOP CLUMPING THE RAP AND HIP HOP GENRE TOGETHER. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT MUSICAL MEDIUMS.

They are two different categories. Hip Hop is played in clubs where people can dance to meaningless lyrics just to attain an image and have fun while they're drunk. 90% of the popular radio stations play mainstream hip hop where style over substance reigns supreme.

You guys don't hear quality rap, just senseless garbage that has a catchy beat.

Hip-Hop is also more of a culture.

So please, don't put the two as if they are synonymous because they aren't. They do have their similarities but they are not the same.

well, like i said. I generally hate rap, but find hip hop annoying. So for the record i consider it diffrent. Whoever made this though forgot a style i hate, R&B.

AUTO_
Jan 23, 2004, 02:09 AM
TECHNO

"Hey I got an idea for another song."
"Really? What?"
"Well we just fuck around with synthesizers for about 20 mins and repeat a few words over and over again."
"Sounds kind of like the rest of our songs."
"Yeah but I have a killer idea for the first word of the song...still stuck on the second, though."
"While I go cut out our costumes you think about it."

derBauer
Jan 23, 2004, 02:39 AM
On 2004-01-22 23:09, AUTO_ wrote:
TECHNO

+1

Amiadon
Jan 23, 2004, 03:13 AM
On 2004-01-22 21:21, Sord wrote:

you forgot the circle though

You're right, i did.

I'm glad you used the right star there.

BOmar
Jan 23, 2004, 05:55 AM
On 2004-01-22 13:13, Reiya wrote:
and i agree dont turn this into a rock vs rap thread because the minority in PSOW are black, the minority being less than 10% ofcourse.

Only black people listen to hip-hop/rap? o_O

I am a big fan of hip-hop music, but can understand why so many of you hate it from the more commercial songs that are played on the radio.

My vote goes with punk as I just hate the sound electric guitars make. Techno comes a close second though.

Reiya
Jan 23, 2004, 09:20 AM
exactly the commercial rap is killing the industry, its all about the money nowdays *sigh*.

Outrider
Jan 23, 2004, 10:19 AM
TECHNO

"Really? What?"
"Well we just fuck around with synthesizers for about 20 mins and repeat a few words over and over again."

Add guitars and you have Radiohead. Well, at least their recent junk.

Nai_Calus
Jan 23, 2004, 10:21 AM
You forgot Country.

And I dislike Rap, too.

HotWaterDeath
Jan 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
What is this? the bloody Gestapo party or something!? "I want to burn all Western Literature...blah..blah..blah." "Rap and punk r@wk suxxors my anus..BLAH." (Not that anyone said that last comment yet, but it was only a matter of time.). Just because you're not into a certain type of music doesn't mean you should label it as freaking trash.You just can't make that kind of snap descision when you know so little about something. Of course the average person is going to think that rap is horrible if you just watch the mainstream fluff. The same goes for any style of music (In general, there are still plenty of good mainstream bands, groups, artists, etc.) Man, if I was ever responsible for such horrible assessments, I sincerely apologize.

BogusKun
Jan 23, 2004, 01:05 PM
Hip hop has 2 different genres.. I can tell you this... It's pretty good. And not as repetitive.

But yes Rock, country, any pop music (britney, nsuck people, christina aguilera, 50 cent) they can all die and spontaneously combust for all I care.

You didn't include techno... which also hurts ears... or did u?

Outrider
Jan 23, 2004, 01:34 PM
Honestly, there's some good electronic. Mostly just the stuff that sounds like video game music.

Omni-SqwirL
Jan 23, 2004, 01:49 PM
I didn't mention bofore that whatever sounds good enough, I listen to. If there was a Rap artist that came out and I did like his style, I'd listen to him, simlple as that. But the only one I MIGHT listen to is Outkast because...well...they/he (comes to show how much I listen to it) isn't really rap or hip hop or whatever.

I've tried playing all different types throughout my life. I use to hate rock, love rap, now it's vise versa. The thing that changed me was that I got tired of rap AND I played drums for a bit. I began to appreciate music as a whole even more after I started playing bass. Now, for the heck of it, I'll play some rap beats randomly to get on my band's nerves. Too bad I can learn an "artist's" whole CD in less than 30 minutes -_-

That's a little summary why I choose Rap to die from both sides of my story

polishedweasel
Jan 23, 2004, 03:43 PM
The whiny pussy punk rock....not the old stuff. Although I don't really care much for that either.

Reiya
Jan 23, 2004, 06:53 PM
gotta listen to some 2pac http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Daethwing188
Jan 23, 2004, 09:22 PM
The reason i didn't add techno was because THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RUL..... are ok....

Later... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

AUTO_
Jan 24, 2004, 12:41 AM
On 2004-01-23 07:19, Outrider wrote:

TECHNO

"Really? What?"

Add guitars and you have Radiohead.
...except Radiohead has structure to their songs (a chorus and verses).

Well, at least their recent junk.

Hail to the Thief is Radiohead's best CD right behind OK Computer...and it has the least amount of synthesizers etc since their debut CD (when they were falling into the current grunge scene).

Hail to the Thief is far from junk; whether or not you like the CD/band...you can't negate the talent and melodic presence put into the CD--mainly due to Rick Rubin.

Outrider
Jan 24, 2004, 01:15 AM
Oh, they're not terrible. Just awfully overhyped.

Giezus
Jan 24, 2004, 02:48 AM
On 2004-01-23 12:43, polishedweasel wrote:
The whiny pussy punk rock....not the old stuff. Although I don't really care much for that either.

Thats what my friend calls Pop-Punk. Old style Punk is the best though. My vote goes with Rap.

DualHydra
Jan 24, 2004, 02:36 PM
I like rap and rock. But most of the rock sucks. I find only Linkin Park the best because they are a mix of almost everything. Thats why everyone hates them. Also why do you peoeple be hating on eminem for? I bet you if he had a guitar in his hands yelling his lyrics you people would love him. Why? Well because some of his lyrics are what a rock artist would say. Sometimes you people should listen about what it is. Sure some rap is all gangsta saying "go out smoke, have money, and have lots of girls" but who cares thats whats popular now. Why? Because everyone likes to do those things. Everyone is gangsta. Even me. live with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus_415 on 2004-01-24 11:40 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-01-24 11:36, Tidus_415 wrote:
I bet you if he had a guitar in his hands yelling his lyrics you people would love him. Why? Well because some of his lyrics are what a rock artist would say.

I don't give a damn about what he's saying, except for the slim shady shit, but otherwise i don't really care about it. It's the music itself, if he had a guitar and actually used it, then yeah, i probably would like him. But he doesn't and his music sucks in my opinion.

Abaddon
Jan 24, 2004, 07:11 PM
With every genre, there is always exceptions. When I was younger I was really into techno and not much else. How that has changed.
There is still some that I still listen to, and even though it's one of my favourite genres I admit that there is HEAPS of crap techno out there. I listen to a very narrow scope nowadays (and its the best genre for keeping me awake at work!)

But one genre I have never liked...is Rap, R&B and hip/hop. All I see nowadays is 'artists' that move like autistic patients going 'awh, yeah, in da house' and hundreds of petite women going oogly over them. The aftermath? A swayed generation of worshippers paying exhorbitant amounts of money for hearing 'talent' while these talentless bastards are making money off it and parading around at the MTV awards in their infectious slang.
And speaking of the awards, 9/10 winners and nominees are Rap and Pop artists! Late last year I was watching it and the only respectable group that won was Coldplay.

If you like it, that's fine. Just don't be pumping it out your car with the windows down. There's too much of it out in the open as it is. You don't hear me pumping out Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' in the city!!

*End of rant*

EDIT: Oh, and another thing (this is a question of curiosity, it is purely not rhetorical), I noticed that there were genres at the MTV awards for 'best rap' 'best r&b' and 'best hip hop'...with that said, how come the same artist and same song got elected for at least two of these categories?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abaddon on 2004-01-24 16:14 ]</font>

Ness
Jan 24, 2004, 07:21 PM

I did my research.

BTW, rap needs to die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-01-24 16:21 ]</font>

Outrider
Jan 24, 2004, 11:59 PM
Gah! About techno... it's not all bad!

I just remembered how awesome it fit when playing Wipeout. Man, that used to really get me pumped up.

Abaddon
Jan 25, 2004, 12:08 AM
On 2004-01-24 20:59, Outrider wrote:

I just remembered how awesome it fit when playing Wipeout. Man, that used to really get me pumped up.

Aye to that!!
Wipeout was really really great, Wipeout3 in particular. Sasha (NOT to be confused with Sash!) was really good in Wip3out (wipeout 3). I wonder, have you played wipeout fusion? I cannot seem to find it anywhere http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 01:20 AM
the great list: (the guys I like enough to give them their own category)
the smashing pumkins
Boa (the british ones)

the good list:
rock
techno
jazz
celtic (thats right biotch)

the OK list:
classical
R&B
comedic music

the bad list:
rap
hip-hop
country
generic radio rock

the most godawful crap in the world:
'punk'

Outrider
Jan 25, 2004, 02:58 AM
On 2004-01-24 21:08, Abaddon wrote:

On 2004-01-24 20:59, Outrider wrote:

Aye to that!!
Wipeout was really really great, Wipeout3 in particular. Sasha (NOT to be confused with Sash!) was really good in Wip3out (wipeout 3). I wonder, have you played wipeout fusion? I cannot seem to find it anywhere http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Um, I think my brother tracked down a copy off the internet a few years ago. Don't remember if it was used or new.

Wait, didn't Wipeout require system link to do multiplayer? That stunk.

-Luke-
Jan 25, 2004, 01:44 PM
I listen to old punk and rock, like Guns and Roses etc. But I also think Eminem is good. Not my favourite, but I respect his music. I do hate Sean Paul and guys like R Kelly, Nelly etc. Cos they are fucking morons.
Luke

monkeyfist
Jan 25, 2004, 06:33 PM
i'm torn between rap and punk...

i can't stand either, and i'm goin crazy cuz my bro just turned on "Holidae Inn" (actual spelling) on iTunes >.<

rap is just boring and stupid and leigme, punk is all a bunch of kids who got picked on and decided to "rebel" by wearing chuck taylors and lots of wristbands

basically, i hate them because they become pop with tons of followers consisting of posers even though rap and punk are supposed to be undergroun/indie

shifter
Jan 25, 2004, 08:33 PM
On 2004-01-24 22:20, lain2k3 wrote:
the smashing pumkins
Boa (the british ones)

the good list:
rock
techno
jazz

the OK list:
classical
R&B
comedic music

the bad list:
rap
hip-hop
country
generic radio rock

'punk'

i agree with ur list hole heartedly. i didnt know that anyone in the states actually listened to celtic music, good for u. i listen to all of the music in ur good and ok list, cept celtic. now i just wish i could find some of wierd al's older cds from the early 90s.

Black000Moon
Jan 25, 2004, 08:55 PM
I HATE HATE HATE classic music and country they must both die. I am a rap and techno fan weird combo eh? I bet everybody here is gonna hate me/flame me for this but rap is wow...I like it....especially when super loud just blazing aw damn I walked out of school last Tuesday it was snowing and when I came out of the entrance I heard some 50 cent blazing out of a car(wasn't paying attention to the name of the song) I was like oh damn some good music after a boring day. And I like techno to it just sounds neat. All other music is ok but classic and country.

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 09:44 PM
On 2004-01-25 17:33, shifter wrote:

On 2004-01-24 22:20, lain2k3 wrote:
the smashing pumkins
Boa (the british ones)

the good list:
rock
techno
jazz

the OK list:
classical
R&B
comedic music

the bad list:
rap
hip-hop
country
generic radio rock

'punk'

i agree with ur list hole heartedly. i didnt know that anyone in the states actually listened to celtic music, good for u. i listen to all of the music in ur good and ok list, cept celtic. now i just wish i could find some of wierd al's older cds from the early 90s.

heh, I have all his albums up through running with scissors. albequerque (sp?) is the best track, lol.

and yes, celtic music is good stuff.

HotWaterDeath
Jan 26, 2004, 03:16 PM
"rap is just boring and stupid and leigme, punk is all a bunch of kids who got picked on and decided to "rebel" by wearing chuck taylors and lots of wristbands

basically, i hate them because they become pop with tons of followers consisting of posers even though rap and punk are supposed to be undergroun/indie"

A valid point. I'm curious as to how people can call themselves "punk" when they wear a freakin' uniform and all listen to the same bands. Whatever happened to rebellion of the self? I bet those kids don't even know the roots of their so-called "style", "rebellion", etc. but they'd be the first to scream it in the face of any passer-by. It is hard to judge an entire form off the actions of a few nit-wits though. You just can't say you hate something without "knowing" it. If you think that DMX or Nelly is what hip-hop is, then you need to take a closer look. If you freakin' think Toby Keith or The Ataris are country, or punk (respectively, in the order listed) then you need to dig deeper, because you're merely touching the surface of something much greater than you can imagine. I don't like Saves the Day, but you don't hear me whining about how I want to destroy "EMO"tional-indie-rock! Go burn some books or something, you bloody nazis.

Orange_Coconut
Jan 26, 2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah, Jazz is cool....

Anyone like Thelonious Monk? Miles Davis? The Weathermen? I dunno, I love jazz as a chillin' music.

Also, techno I find only okay when dancing (hey, it's got a beat, as repetitive as it may be). Plus it's hard to dance to certain types of music.

But I also like listening to lyrics - But I also listen for beat as well. If someone was to scream words out without music I wouldn't really like it. But if someone sings about something that they or many others sing about all the time, then it gets boring.

There's music for everything, it's all about opinion and personal taste. When it comes to square dancing how hard would it be to square dance to rap? Or break dancing to classical? How about doing the tango to techno? I know I couldn't do it. But yeah, that's just me.

AUTO_
Jan 26, 2004, 06:45 PM
Rap just gets a bad wrap.

*slaps knee repeatedly*

There is some good rap, and contrary to angry beliefs--it does take skill to rap...it's just different levels of skill based on the rapper.

If you still believe rap doesn't take skill--send me a recording of yourself on OutKast's Stankonia CD.

Please I'm begging you...I could use a laugh.

Come on Ness drop a recording of "B.O.B". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KaFKa
Jan 26, 2004, 07:36 PM
my thoughts on the subect are this:

having grown up around "rap" and "hip-hop" i respect the artists that deserve respect, even though i LOATHE both genres.

i personally like the techno/rave/trance genre (actually three different types, but all in the same genre) and most "heavy metal". dont get me wrong, the 'poser' bands *coughgoodcharlottecough* are an abomination to the 'rock' community.

to those people that think techno is just throwing two or three words and a premade beat into a synthesizer, you have no idea what the 'professional' DJs have to do to make it sound right

Guile
Jan 26, 2004, 11:21 PM
None, I like mostly all types of music: Rap, hip-hop, underground, rock, reggae, Classical Rock, etc.

I may not listen to Country or punk but does'nt mean other people don't so why the hell would I want to get rid of it. There may be music I don't get, or don't like at all like those emo, rock, cry about a girl type bands but I would'nt get rid of them.
Just never want to hear that shit ever again.

I think to many people drank that hatorade! Most are saying they hate rap but have'nt heard anything out of MTV...

LadyRedComet
Jan 27, 2004, 07:37 AM
It's my opinion that the world would be better off without rap, r&b, hip hop, etc. However, that's not going to happen any time soon, so I simply delve back into my rock opera, flamenco ("flamenco funk" is really interesting music), and celtic music and refuse to listen to the radio and watch mtv.

kingmurp
Jan 27, 2004, 08:47 AM
I chose punk, I like some punk, but the representatives of the genre are as "bling bling" as some hip hop artists. Good Charollete is to punk as Poision is to Metal, they set their genre back 10 yrs. The techno bashing on a videogame website seems a little weird imo.

-Geshtar-
Jan 27, 2004, 09:23 AM
I myself being a MegaMan fan sence 1991 have to fall under the techno category. It just sounds so - so - so awesome if you have a nice sound system in your trunk, that is if you have some decent beats ya know? not some 3-CD set for $15 unless its just on sale. =P Jazz is also very nice for a laid back, chess playing atmosphere, at least thats how it is with my best friend and I.

Anyway, I'll defenitly say rap has been pretty damn bad over the past few years, no need to repeat what the other four pages has said about it so..I wont

n.n;

KingChaos
Jan 27, 2004, 02:55 PM
Rock Heavy metal and punk all suck and rap and hip hop n r n b rule hat rocks just people screamin its crap full stop

KingChaos
Jan 27, 2004, 02:56 PM
On 2004-01-22 13:13, Reiya wrote:
Im a huge hip hop fan but i gotta admit rap has gone down hill in recent years....if only we can get the same classic authentic shit we used to get back in the day in hip hops golden era late 80's - 1997.

and i vote rock/metal that music is just meaningless plain noise it has no meaning....

maybe thats because of 2pac and biggy bein dead

Outrider
Jan 27, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-01-27 11:55, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
Rock Heavy metal and punk all suck and rap and hip hop n r n b rule hat rocks just people screamin its crap full stop

I like... I like grammar.

I don't really care for rap, but there's some stuff I don't mind. Mostly stuff from the early nineties, but maybe that's just me. If you ask me, as much as I may dislike pop and rap, these terrible Blink 182 rip-off bands are just as bad. What bugs me is that lots of bad punk bands are being labelled as "Emo." I know the history of Emo from 80s, but the definition has changed today. It's not just indie punk anymore. After all, real Emo is for sad teenagers to cry to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AUTO_
Jan 27, 2004, 07:44 PM
On 2004-01-27 05:47, kingmurp wrote:
The techno bashing on a videogame website seems a little weird imo.

<Dr. Evil> Riiiiiiiiight. </Dr. Evil>

Yeah, I must be a very rare gamer.

Oh, I should also mention I'm not obsessed with Anime...

Is there something wrong with me murp? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SorceressofTime
Jan 28, 2004, 01:37 AM
now THAT was amusing to read with the majority of people disliking rap, r&b, hip hop and techno; with a small minority disliking punk and such. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

all i gotta say is that the style of country music i don't appreciate much compared to every other genre of music.

Outrider
Jan 28, 2004, 01:20 PM
Normally I would also be against country but...

I love Fastball, and I'd say some of their stuff is a little bit country, and some of the folk-type stuff my parents listen to lean towards that genre also.

SorceressofTime
Jan 28, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-01-28 10:20, Outrider wrote:

i wasn't saying i was against country http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif i said that i didn't appreciate as much. hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raneth
Jan 28, 2004, 09:03 PM
Ugh...Rap. Back in the "day" it was good, when it actually had music. Now, though, it's just two notes over and over while someone speaks so fast you can't understand what they're saying.

Outrider
Jan 28, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-01-28 17:52, SorceressofTime wrote:

On 2004-01-28 10:20, Outrider wrote:

i wasn't saying i was against country http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif i said that i didn't appreciate as much. hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sure you did. Because I said so. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Black000Moon
Jan 28, 2004, 09:52 PM
On 2004-01-28 18:03, Raneth wrote:
Ugh...Rap. Back in the "day" it was good, when it actually had music. Now, though, it's just two notes over and over while someone speaks so fast you can't understand what they're saying.

I can....

doubletake123
Feb 11, 2004, 08:51 PM
i voted for "Retards Attempting Poetry"
get it the first letter of each word spells rap

BogusKun
Feb 11, 2004, 08:57 PM
You can rant about it on the 50 Cent topic...

Yep, rap = repetitive...

Then there is Rock... the style?

My favorite is the dark type. With that little bit of Lightness to it.

P.S. Evanesense (or however spelt) sucks.

IMO

Solstis
Feb 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
I still say that every Hanson album should be burned long before rap is destroyed. Seriously... how can you people be so BLIND!!?!?!?!?!

BogusKun
Feb 11, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-02-11 17:59, Solstis wrote:
I still say that every Hanson album should be burned long before rap is destroyed. Seriously... how can you people be so BLIND!!?!?!?!?!

Because while we are burning lower case t's on rapper's lawns, we currently have a secret army of gnomes killing off the Hanson Family.

I mean, come on, Charles Hanson? Serial Killer and lead of the Hansons? Give me a break!

Outrider
Feb 11, 2004, 09:39 PM
On 2004-02-11 18:05, BogusKun wrote:

I mean, come on, Charles Hanson? Serial Killer and lead of the Hansons? Give me a break!

You mean Charles Manson, right? The crazy dude?

And hey, didn't Hanson turn into a legitimate band a couple albums down the line? That's what I heard.

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 11:49 AM
On 2004-02-11 18:39, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-02-11 18:05, BogusKun wrote:

You mean Charles Manson, right? The crazy dude?

And hey, didn't Hanson turn into a legitimate band a couple albums down the line? That's what I heard.

Meh, knew what I meant... heh. Wait that's Marilyn Manson... He's the crazy dude. I missed him.

Noobliterator
Feb 12, 2004, 12:27 PM
you know what music should have been in there but wasn't? country, I personally like rap and hip hop it's country i can't stand. if you have a problem with what i believe deal with it.

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 12:31 PM
I don't see how annoying voices (country) even become famous...

..However, LeAnn Rimes came out with 1 good song (she has an ugly face)
...and shania twain has that song Still the One (but I like it better in spanish and she's fat)

Even though they have 1 or 2 good songs from country artists... i don't like the singers (female) just because of their looks.

...Dammit.

opaopajr
Feb 13, 2004, 07:08 AM
how come there's no option for country? i'd have voted for that in a heartbeat. especially modern country. at least classic country actually required talent...

2nd would be rap. so sad, and i used to love it growing up. but now the dog needs to be put out of its misery - i don't think it'll change itself willingly.

BogusKun
Feb 14, 2004, 01:15 AM
Yea, rap needs to go, I agree...

...Beyonce can bounce too. She has no ass.

I mean all she is basically doing is bending over like anyone else....

BTW, what's so good about it. How about I take a picture of my flashing my ass at the masses?