PDA

View Full Version : Any more Ideas?!? This is very frustrating!

RoninJoku
Jan 22, 2004, 04:47 PM
I followed all the instructions in the tech support faq and even bought a Rj45 crossover cable too. (before I got the cable it said that the BBA was disconnected or something.)

Now I thought everything was going fine because it said connecting to DNS server and showed the screen where you normally select your ship (which is farther than I got before) but I got an error 102 message: You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your provider settings are correct before connecting.
The line was disconnected.

I recieved this message with both the automatically obtain ip address from DHCP and the manually select ip address options.

I also tried resetting the modem a bunch. But if anybody knows something i could do or should work id like to try it (even if i tried before.) Thanks in advance =)

[b]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2004-01-24 06:02 ]</font>

gallaugher
Jan 23, 2004, 11:19 AM
Do you have DSL or Cable? If it is DSL do you know if you use PPPOE? This requires a username & password so you'll need to enter this information into your network settings. If you use PPPOE on your PC that means you're running a program like Enternet 300, WinPoet, RASPPPOE or some propietary dialer that uses PPPOE.

Turn on your gamecube with the network cable plugged in. Look at your cable/dsl modem. Unplug the network cable. Did a light go out? Plug it in. Did a light turn on? If a light turns on it means you have a good connection. If no light turns on you might have the wrong type of cable. The cable that already connects to your PC is the correct type. Try it.

RoninJoku
Jan 23, 2004, 08:35 PM
The light does go on and I do use PPPoE. My connection is a dsl modem to my comp then to my gc. Also, I have tried selecting the ppoe setting in the network options and I entered the correct password. But this didn't even get me as far as I got when I was using the manual IP address. It gives me the message: Failed to Connect. Please make sure everything is properly connected. Please return to the options menu and select Network Settings to check to make sure your isp settings are correct. (i know that my PPPoE info is correct because i can sign on to pso with the modem direct to gc, just with extremely frequent dc+bsod combos.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2004-01-23 17:41 ]</font>

momonpso
Jan 24, 2004, 11:18 AM
I also get a lot of dc/bsod combos going straight from modem to GC using PPPoe. I called my server and they said it might help to use a router and to try calling Nintendo. So I ordered a router and I called Nintendo. Nintendo said that I should call Sega because they have had numerous complaints of dc/bsod using PPPoe.