PDA

View Full Version : Your most rewarding day of your life... is?

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 05:45 PM
(hard to say as a title) Like, something you've done that made you feel like you accomplished something really difficult. Mine is in ROTC, in a drill compitition (btw, this is my 2nd year in ROTC, but my 1st on Drill Team) anyways, we went to a major competition a few months ago. I'm on the 2nd team... but the way i'm heading now, I should be on 1st team soon (Sef will beg to differ I bet...). Well, we went out on the field, and did a thing called Exhibition. It's sort of a made-up drill reutine that we make up. It has to last a certain amount of time (5 minutes I believe). It's so cool, and we did a pretty good job. If anybody knows what i'm talking about you'd know. We aren't an armed drill team either so we don't have the guns, we have to use hand and feet movement frequently, which I believe is harder than flipping rifles around. (not saying that's ez either...) When we had finished, we had placed 2nd overall in the competition... 1st place was our 1st team... Which means our school took 1st and 2nd place with our 2 teams. Most schools don't have a good 2nd team. Our 2nd team is better than most 1st teams. Unlike other schools, we focus really hard on both teams, not just the 1st team. Our #1 Rival, Pineridge, if you don't make 1st team, you don't compete. That's their standards. It works though, they beat us last competition (not the one I was talking about). But we will have our revenge at Blumingdale. We always get revenge! Go Sandalwood!

Sord
Jan 22, 2004, 05:49 PM
I know what your talkin about. Whatched a couple of those, kinda cool...though nothing i would participate in.

Anyways...the greatest achievement of my life. *ponders* Don't think i have one of those. Shame.

Anubis_
Jan 22, 2004, 05:55 PM
I really dont know.. I guess it would be the day i graduated from basic training..(which will soon be replaced with the day I return from afganistan..)

I used to be the Regulation Commander for my ROTC drill team b4 i graduated.. We went to nationals every year.. My senior year I called commands for the team in National at Daytona Beach in Florida.. The judges told me right after I performed that i wasnt going to place.. They said I had lead the sharpest platoon they had seen so far, and that my commands were on cue.. But I had 20 points deducted from my score because I wore a hand gun instead of carring an M-1 like the rest of my platoon.. It was my 1sgts idea, not mine.. oh well.. sour grapes i suppose..

Sord
Jan 22, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-01-22 14:55, Anubis_ wrote:
I really dont know.. I guess it would be the day i graduated from basic training..(which will soon be replaced with the day I return from afganistan..)

I used to be the Regulation Commander for my ROTC drill team b4 i graduated.. We went to nationals every year.. My senior year I called commands for the team in National at Daytona Beach in Florida.. The judges told me right after I performed that i wasnt going to place.. They said I had lead the sharpest platoon they had seen so far, and that my commands were on cue.. But I had 20 points deducted from my score because I wore a hand gun instead of carring an M-1 like the rest of my platoon.. It was my 1sgts idea, not mine.. oh well.. sour grapes i suppose..

If you ask me, that's taking "every man is created equally" a little to far.

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry, I should have said i'm on JROTC, i'm in highschool. Yeah, AFJROTC (airforce junior reserve officer training corps). I believe you were talking about Colledge ROTC correct?

Anubis_
Jan 22, 2004, 06:08 PM
I kinda figured you were talkin about jrotc.. so was i....

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 06:10 PM
kinda off topic but... what rank were you when you graduated? Permanent and Temporary. (i'm currently the First Sergeant so i'm a temporary Master Sergeant. My Permanent is Staff Sergeant.)

Anubis_
Jan 22, 2004, 06:22 PM
i was first lieutenant when i graduated... But only cause i didnt care mutch for it my final year.. I changed school my softmore year whitch kept me from being promoted.. If i had stayed at my old school I would have been at least a major.. The battalion commander for sure.. I had no rep at my new school so no one paid me any attenion.. Other cadets and Army Instructors alike.. Now that my little brothers spent his entire 4 years of highschool at the new school, hes the bc now, i dont know his rank..

Genoa
Jan 22, 2004, 06:28 PM
I c, were you in AJROTC (I think that's what it's called). Cause you look like an army person by your signature.

derBauer
Jan 22, 2004, 06:55 PM
The day I choked the chicken.

Kent
Jan 22, 2004, 10:58 PM
The most rewarding day for me was, well... Almost too emotional for me. Then again, that's why it was my most rewarding day...

I'd really rather not discuss it, though.

Amiadon
Jan 23, 2004, 12:20 AM
It was when he mothered his 599th Cat.

EDIT: Mine, however, was when I graduated. We got in Limos' and everything. It was fun...

Umm, what's ROTC?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-22 21:31 ]</font>

AUTO_
Jan 23, 2004, 03:10 AM
When our band got our "single" played on the radio.

That and our first paying gig--a tie.

Genoa
Jan 23, 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-01-22 21:20, Amiadon wrote:

EDIT: Mine, however, was when I graduated. We got in Limos' and everything. It was fun...

Umm, what's ROTC?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-22 21:31 ]</font>

Reserve Officer Training Corps, A military-like training thing. If a J is infront of the ROTC, that means it's a highschool one, if not, it's a colledge one. and A is army, N is navy, M is marine, and AF is airforce. I'm in AFJROTC. In JROTC, they can't make you do physical stuff like push-ups and stuff. They're a bit easier on you, seeing your still in highschool and all.

Zzzzzz
Jan 23, 2004, 06:25 PM
Most of my memory is probaly burned away from playing too much video games. Oh well.

Allos
Jan 23, 2004, 06:26 PM
JROTC is at my school.............and I'm sorry but it looks like crap. 90% of those that joined it here did it because they thought it would be cool to "join the army". They think its cool to know how to march and fire a pellet gun. But the hilarious thing about most of them is the fact that 98% of them know nothing about the military. Some of them seriously thought that the Thompson Submachine Gun was still in service.....I'm dead serious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2004-01-23 15:28 ]</font>

Kent
Jan 23, 2004, 08:28 PM
On 2004-01-22 21:20, Amiadon wrote:

Not even close.

Umm, what's ROTC?

ROTC should be called ROTCM, seeing as it stands for Return of the Coconut Monkey.

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-01-23 15:26, Allos wrote:
JROTC is at my school.............and I'm sorry but it looks like crap. 90% of those that joined it here did it because they thought it would be cool to "join the army". They think its cool to know how to march and fire a pellet gun. But the hilarious thing about most of them is the fact that 98% of them know nothing about the military. Some of them seriously thought that the Thompson Submachine Gun was still in service.....I'm dead serious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2004-01-23 15:28 ]</font>

Don't know what they do for punishment at a military school, cause i'd get a lot of it. They make me do work i won't do it, they yell at me i would yell back. Don't see much point in shooting anything greater than a .22 shotgun anyways. Not even sure if i got the name right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-01-23 17:37 ]</font>

SiliconHero
Jan 25, 2004, 11:18 PM
I'd have to say that my finest hour was the day I graduated high school. The only thing that really brought me down was when my school's superintendent accounced the wrong year of our graduation. He said "congratulations to the class of 1995", when in actuality, we were part of the class of 1999. *sigh* Our supe was never really the brightest.

SorceressofTime
Jan 27, 2004, 09:48 AM
ill have to say a day where i was fully confident and happy, as well as being organised and accomplishing tasks i've set...

ABDUR101
Jan 27, 2004, 10:12 AM
I'll let all of you know on my deathbed...if I can remember anything.

CGoodness
Jan 27, 2004, 12:00 PM
When school started forme this year, I decided to actually work hard.... I ended up with a 98 overall average in the first marking period... I was quite pleased!

dude3282
Jan 28, 2004, 11:55 AM
What is probably my current "best day of my life" actually happened a week ago: my baby brother was born. He's so great. Even worth the crying at ungodly hours at night.

http://www.geocities.com/dude3282

^ Those are pictures of right after they cleaned him up, so they're a little bit fuglier. Fresh babies looks sort of strange to me.

Funny thing is, I'm going to be out of the house in a few years, so I just get to be with him when he's little. Then he gets to play with my kids. Weird how this stuff works out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2004-01-28 08:56 ]</font>