PDA

View Full Version : Purplenum or Greenil for a RA?

Sifpo
Jan 22, 2004, 10:23 PM
I can't decide on either Purplenum or Greenil for a RAmarl (most likely) character I am making. Thanks for all votes. (Please ty to pick one of the two, unless you are dead set on some other one section ID for RA)

Zelgadis
Jan 22, 2004, 10:47 PM
I suggest whitill. I've popped more red mechs in ult then any of my other friends using purplenum. So far I've popped four...and all the purplenums put together. Nil

Lendis
Jan 22, 2004, 10:59 PM
i prefer the Num, Red mechs are nice and all.. but Yasminkov Mech's are real hard to beat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jan 23, 2004, 12:58 AM
Greenil and Viridia are the rangers best friends. Purplenum is everyones worst enemy... At least in my experience. >_<

Reiya
Jan 23, 2004, 10:07 AM
greenil is better for rifles, personally i would go for greenil because i find rifles more usefull than mechs.

MaxBuster
Jan 23, 2004, 01:25 PM
Greenill has too much rifles and Purplenum has too much mechs, none of which you need more than 1 of, but Greenill does find the NUG and Needle pretty easily, so I'd go with that.

Soukosa
Jan 23, 2004, 03:06 PM
On 2004-01-23 10:25, MaxBuster wrote:
Greenill does find the NUG and Needle pretty easily, so I'd go with that.

Greenill gets the NUG from a Sinow Red. I hardly call that an easy place to get it.

Lendis
Jan 23, 2004, 03:28 PM
while purplenum does get too many mechs.. they do the anti android rifle, and the frozen fairly easy.

but Yasminkov9000M is a purplenum only drop, and while they are mechguns.. they are RIFLE range mechguns, and they are real nice, i had them before i switched from xbox to cube...

just because num gets excessive l&k's and h&s25's doesnt make it a bad ID for a ranger.

heyf00L
Jan 23, 2004, 03:38 PM
Easy? *looks at chart* D'oh! That Greenill NUG drop is wrong on my chart on IGN. It should be 1 / 18,332. For some reason it's listed under the Armor drop rate.

Garm
Jan 24, 2004, 04:26 AM
use greennill if u like rifles and purplenum if u like mechs. i have both (well my friend has 2 purplenums on my cards wich i dont use yet) but greennill finds some nice stuff for a ramar and racast(good rifles decent melee)

lain2k3
Jan 24, 2004, 11:15 AM
both ID's find frozen shooter from hildetorr, and spread needle from merlans. greenil has pipeable guard waves. finding shitloads of mechs is better than finding shitloads of rifles, because mechs with good hit % are pretty damn good, rifles are just meh...purplenum finds yas 9000, and greenil finds yas 3000. purplenum also has some decent finds for forces and hunters that you vould use on other characters...I say purple.

Zelgadis
Jan 25, 2004, 11:07 AM
I don't use a RA ID. I've found red mechs with 20% to hit and with decent other percentages 5/10/5/15. Don't find many of those ^.^ I've gotten parts of baranz (popped two off of two different id's), and as for the rifles. They make a good weapon to hit traps with. I don't use rifles much. I find myself using the red mechs more in ult.

kyleo999
Jan 25, 2004, 03:26 PM
Depends on the character. A Ramarle would not be the best choice with mechs, but a Ramar would.

Thepandaman
Jan 25, 2004, 04:07 PM
I would go with vridia, as both shots and partisans can be used by rangers, and I like using a partisan occasionally with my ranger

Genoa
Jan 25, 2004, 05:49 PM
Get a purplenum and get me a Psycho Wand!... or not. Get Purplenum cause they get cool stuff for Rangers... yeah...

ShadowsMinion
Jan 26, 2004, 09:38 AM
I have to say if you even read this that my Ramar has had good times being a purplenem, so I think you should go for that.

MaxBuster
Jan 26, 2004, 10:21 AM
Easy? *looks at chart* D'oh! That Greenill NUG drop is wrong on my chart on IGN. It should be 1 / 18,332. For some reason it's listed under the Armor drop rate.

OMG, are you serious? That's what I get for using outdated charts. Lucky I didn't try hunting for the NUG, or else I'd be in Mines for a very long time.

Superguppie
Jan 26, 2004, 10:36 AM
Well, pretty much everything has been said. I have a char in each ID and in time I'll just be able to find all and move it around to fit my taste.
But I find the following beyond belief:

On 2004-01-25 08:07, Zelgadis wrote:
with 20% to hit and with decent other percentages 5/10/5/15. Don't find many of those

Actualy, don't find ANY of those. Claiming to have found a weapon with more than 3 areas with % in it is the sign of the n00b cheater. Unless I don't get it and something completely different is meant there...

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 26, 2004, 06:52 PM
I like Varidia the most myself. They not only get shots, which are very nice. But they also get otehr great drops, even in V-hard a Varidia can get a Bravace, and a Devil/battle right off the bat.

My friend insists that I add that he like Greenil more. But it does not count as a vote.

Dbc
Jan 27, 2004, 12:23 AM
purplenum is better IMO got good mechs and an amazing shield(kasami bracer) from the mines.

Seej
Jan 27, 2004, 01:30 PM
ok, like some people have said, go with purplenum for mechs and go with greenill for rifles. But there is another thing to consider.The greenill ID comes the closest of all ID's in finding a full Yasminkov series, falling just short with the Yasminkov 9000M. Also, most of the worth while mechs, like the Red mechs and the twin psycoguns. plus greenill can find the handgun:guld, part of a combo for mech guns to complete the combo u need to get a handgun:milla, which can only be found by a whitill. And the god arm that greenill finds is nice. plus , greenill can get some nice katana class weapons, as well as animal parts, which i enjoy using. So if you were to ask me, i would definatly tell you to go with a greenill

Joltox
Jan 27, 2004, 01:35 PM
In my opinion, go for a Greenill. They drpo alot of rifles!

KingChaos
Jan 27, 2004, 01:36 PM
purplenum you get alot of mechs

Zelgadis
Jan 27, 2004, 02:33 PM
Superguppie. I just got extremely lucky...I had to tech for the %...cause I kept getting negatives in some of the area's which sucked. I had to try like 30 times just to get them all in the positives. The only char I have that can use them is my RA. And they're totally legit mech guns too. I was playing offline when I found them. I don't have access to online play. You can search for a level 150 FOmar named Zelgadis or a level 114 RAmarl named Rio if you have a GC.

Auracom
Jan 27, 2004, 11:26 PM
Purplenum, because you're going to want a yas9000M. Plus you'll probably pick up some high hit vulcans eventually ^-^.

ViewtifulJoe
Jan 27, 2004, 11:30 PM
I haven't really looked at the ID's much, except for Yellowboze finds NUG from a Canabin, Frozen Shooter from a Hildetorr, (got one) and a Red Scorpio from a Nano Dragon (got one too). I found RED mechs on 2p. with my whitill friend. All I know is my Oran is allergic to guns, he just gets pile upon piles of cross scars and dragon slayers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif .

lain2k3
Jan 27, 2004, 11:31 PM
greenil god/arm sucks. purple gets it from VH dubchics.

and yas 9000 is the best of the series.

Zarana
Jan 28, 2004, 08:36 AM
Purplenum has better Hunter weapons, better Force weapons, better armor and better slot items than Grennill, in addition to having an exclusive item that makes Greennill's Rifles completely obsolete. I don't see where this is much of a choice.

ViewtifulJoe
Feb 3, 2004, 01:54 AM
O yeah, I forgot, Yellow gets Heaven punisher from Crimson Assassin.

silvermax
Feb 3, 2004, 03:02 AM
On 2004-02-02 22:54, ViewtifulJoe wrote:

whats your point? like it'll ever drop =p

lain2k3
Feb 3, 2004, 08:12 AM
On 2004-02-02 22:54, ViewtifulJoe wrote:

every ID can supposedly find heavens punisher.

all of them except blueful are impossible though, and yellowboze has the lowest droprate in the game for it.

Garm
Feb 3, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-01-27 20:31, lain2k3 wrote:
greenil god/arm sucks. purple gets it from VH dubchics.

and yas 9000 is the best of the series.

how come my greennill found one form a vhard dubchic? has to be the smae drop rate and they are both 1/213.. Purplenum seems to be very good for ramar/racast cause with some decent mags the can do decent damage. a greennill would kill entire rooms from some miles away and a purplenum could mech/melee its way...

lain2k3
Feb 3, 2004, 11:17 AM
ah, forgot that greenil also finds g/arm from dubchic. i was referring to the nano dragon drop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif whoops.

and purplenum is still just better, unless you REALLY want that morning glory.