PDA

View Full Version : EX GF being stupid, or is it just me....

kingmurp
Jan 23, 2004, 10:50 AM
Recently my girlfriend and I broke up it. It wasn't nice >.> She dragged on dumping me for her own vanity. She said she needed space and time to her self, which I gave, all I asked from her were updates on what was going on. We talked about things and they seemed to be going well from my perspective. Then we had a fight over the phone. An epic battle that she ended by hanging up the phone, and turning hers off. I left her a voice mail pleading that I have always treated her right, and never did anything to deserve the treatment she has been giving me over the past 2 months. Later on she told me that we're going to be taking a week apart, I told her that was to long. After much debating I gave in and said that thats too long for me to wait, but I'd do my best. Three days later she gave me a call, claiming that someone called her 4 times in a row with a blocked number. It wasn't me, but she insisted that it was. I explained the only time I use a block number from my phone is when someone else uses my phone and I don't want my number being handed out. She settled that one with a whatever. I then asked her what was going on between us, she said it wasn't looking good. She said I'm immature, and she thinks that videogames are the top priorities in my life. I've always kept her at the top of my priorities, even to the damage of my health. I've never told her that I've got videogames to play sorry I can't come over, it's my hobby, and one day I hope it to be my carreer ( i want to become a videogame reviewer). Even though we did breakup she still continued to call me everyday,and claim she still loves me, until wed. night. I had a great time with 2 groups of friends, and even met a possible future girly, I was well inebriatted too. While at one of my friends houses, playing pso to sober up. She called.... it wasn't a normal phone call.

"Hello"-me
"Where are you?" -psycho
"Mikey'sss.""That's no good to me."
"Ok...."
"Well Debbie's really drunk---"
"What'ss new?"
"She needs, help staying up ***k, I'll call you back"
*click*

Ten minutes later while pwning up the dragon.
"Hi!"-me
"What are you doing?"-Spawn of the devil
"Playing videogames to---"
"Figures, you're always playing videogames--"
"TO SOBER UP!"
"Your drunk?"
"You're killing my buzz."
"Well Dawn being pregnant and all we had a hard time carrying Debbie home blahblahblahblahblah.""I didn't ask for an explanation."
"I thought you might want to know what was going on"
"I was having a goodnight, up until now I haven't worried about you that much, I wasn't expecting to see you today, despite our plans to get together to exchange our stuff, but I figured you would call around bar close, because that was always a priority in your life. I hate always being right."
"I was sleeping after work, then I went out to the bar because my friends dragged me out"
"Kicking and screaming right."
"I got to go I have school and work in the morning-"
"and i have to sleep"-both of us
*click*

So ya I was being a jerk on my end, but I've been through a lot of unlisted bs with her. just needed too vent.

Bradicus
Jan 23, 2004, 11:25 AM
After much debating I gave in and said that thats too long for me to wait, but I'd do my best.

Sorry to be a jerk, but... that's just funny.

anwserman
Jan 23, 2004, 11:34 AM
Hmmm.... girls hate it when guys play video games because it wastes their life (even if it is with friends), yet girls think it is perfectly acceptable to hang out at a mall all day.

Anyway, be glad you ditched the girl. Obviously she isn't that bright if she assumes that if someone calls her and it comes up as 'blocked' its you (and very possibly not somebody else), then I can only imagine what other assumptions she might have - or come up with - in the future.

Find somebody who doesn't snap, somebody who appreciates what you do and your hobbies, and somebody who isn't moody.

undevil
Jan 23, 2004, 06:57 PM
Your problem is that you are sucking up to her too much, from what I can tell.

Girls are more attracted to guys who are not needy. Asking how the relationship is will not be a good sign. She should be asking you this.

You have to be casual about shit like that. Your gf obviously has issues. She seems determined to make you apologize and suck up to her. That is what girls want. If you don't do it, they make it seem like they want to break up with you, but really they are more attracted to guys who are not needy.

kingmurp
Jan 24, 2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks for confusing the hell outta me. Either way we "settled" a lot of things tonight, she's trying to get my friends involved in this squabble. She thinks that all of my friends don't have problems and will actually, take her side on the matter. She crossed the line tonight and personally thats it for her. Get my stuff back and give her the b00t. And yes I'm typically a nice guy, so I do my best to make people happy, at my own expense, I know it's futile, but somehow it's more rewarding at the end of the day when I pass out fianlly.

ABDUR101
Jan 24, 2004, 03:26 PM
Stay away from drama queens. Entirely not needed BS.

Arislan
Jan 24, 2004, 07:32 PM
Damn Abdur, you seem to constantly come into a thread and say almost precisely what I was going to. Kind of creepy, actually.

Toss another tick on Abdur's response.

Guile
Jan 25, 2004, 02:38 AM
Hahah I think you played it well on your part.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 25, 2004, 08:29 PM
If she can't except your hobby and happiness...dump her.

swan_s0ng
Jan 25, 2004, 08:52 PM
she's trying to get my friends involved in this squabble

i dont really need to bother typing out the obvious implications there. although, this is only one side of the story, i never trust people who talk about others when they are not present.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 26, 2004, 06:28 PM
Well I saw at Best Buy two copples playing Maro Kart:Double Dash.

Gnarled_rose
Jan 26, 2004, 07:46 PM
"You're killing my buzz." Now THAT'S how you know you're drunk.

Well I saw at Best Buy two copples playing Maro Kart:Double Dash.
And was that stupid or what? Not the game, the quote.

But seriously, that's why I don't get a girlfriend. Then I'd be right back here griping that she does this-and-that with such-and-such and "I'm so jealous" and...
*Weeping uncontrolably* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I'd kill the President for a girl to smile when she looks at me..

KaFKa
Jan 26, 2004, 08:18 PM
On 2004-01-23 15:57, undevil wrote:
Your problem is that you are sucking up to her too much, from what I can tell.

Girls are more attracted to guys who are not needy. Asking how the relationship is will not be a good sign. She should be asking you this.

You have to be casual about shit like that. Your gf obviously has issues. She seems determined to make you apologize and suck up to her. That is what girls want. If you don't do it, they make it seem like they want to break up with you, but really they are more attracted to guys who are not needy.

actually, the problem is that she is just a bitch caught up in her own drama...