PDA

View Full Version : NTL BBA setup help

Dark_Cloud
Jan 23, 2004, 01:52 PM
Ok i'm a beginner at the whole internet setup for this and i need help to get online with it.

i'm on ntl world broadband and need to get my connections setup. i'm on cable broadband and my modem has usb and ethernet ports in it ( usb is used by pc ethernet for cube ) does the kind of wire that goes between the cube and modem matter if it is crossover or not? when i run through the default setup with the wire i get an error message sayng unable to create dhcp, the dhcp is not avaliable or doesn't exist. does anyone know how to resolve this?

Rich_T
Jan 23, 2004, 02:22 PM
gamecube conected to broadband modem with a straight ( not X over) cable, if your unpluging the p.c to plug the gamecube in you may need to re-set the cable modem, switch it off, count to 4 switch it back on agian.

Dark_Cloud
Jan 23, 2004, 02:28 PM
ok the wire i got is a crossover ( damn ) got to travel to the next town over to get a different wire to try again tomorrow.

Rich_T
Jan 23, 2004, 04:07 PM
you could try it with a X over, althernativly you could try internet conection sharing

BrokenHope
Jan 24, 2004, 05:45 AM
A cross over cable won't matter with ntl the modem is auto sensing so can use both types.

The reason you couldn't obtain an ip is because you have to power off the modem for about 30 seconds before using it on a new device e.g your Gamecube.

Dark_Cloud
Jan 25, 2004, 10:49 AM
thanks for your help i got online last night and done some of east tower done it's really cool.