PDA

View Full Version : Seeing myself changing

anwserman
Jan 23, 2004, 05:33 PM
Being socially withdrawn for my whole highschool career. It sucks.

Anyway, meeting new people in college has opened up my eyes to the fact that there are people out there that I can do stuff with... well, not even that. I still live at home and such, and about half of my classmates live in this area, and yet I do nothing with them because I don't know them well enough.

So, I post online. I mean, I had one really good friend in highschool, my friend Amanda. To tell the truth, we barely do stuff with each other everymore (like, once every two weeks), and when we were in HS we did stuff like every two days. And now, she called with an actually good idea about playing Fatal Frame 2 in my basement with surround sound, and I *should* be excited but I'm not, I'm actually disappointed.

Because thats all we ever do - when we do stuff - watch movies or play video games, or do some modified form of both (shoot videos about video games), but its all the same. I try to get her to do some things, first and foremost was to join me and play volleyball. She doesn't want too (she 'sucks' at volleyball, though its a 20 minute drive there), but still. Its just video games... and I'm honestly starting to get sick of them, or the concept behind them anyway.

While, Mitch, on the other hand, we just rented LOTR:FOTR and watched it my house, but on the other hand we do other things then just watching movies. He got me motivated into improving myself so I can play basketball with him (something I bite at), and at the same time he got me to play volleyball - which I'm slowly improving at.

I don't know, throughout school and into the beginning of college, video games were my life. Hell, I program and I strive to make a game, which I do have tons of code for. And i haven't touched that code for about two months now. I've barely done anything with the game, and the only game I do honestly play now across my many systems - GBA, DC, X-Box and Gamecube - is Phantasy Star Online. And I don't even play that if nobody is on. Social aspect only, I have no desire to play the rest of my games that gave me such pleasure a long time ago.

I don't know. I'm sensing that I am changing as a person, caught in a transition period between old and new.... life is confusing at times. I think I just need to relax, without any stress, and evaluate my friendships and personalities and to find myself, however that may be. Or perhaps getting my job back in two weeks will help too (DQ is opening), but I just seem... odd.

EDIT: Changed topic title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-23 14:37 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 05:44 PM
errrr...rent the movie Tron and whatch it with her? Geez, might be stuck between the old and the new. I'm kinda getting tired of videogames, with a few exceptions.

Old and new, tick and tock, crap to crappier...dunno what to say. I'm only 14, others have more experiance on this subject. Still, you gotta love the cheesy videogame effect in Tron (the movie) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anwserman
Jan 23, 2004, 05:47 PM
On 2004-01-23 14:44, Sord wrote:
errrr...rent the movie Tron and whatch it with her? Geez, might be stuck between the old and the new. I'm kinda getting tired of videogames, with a few exceptions.

Old and new, tick and tock, crap to crappier...dunno what to say. I'm only 14, others have more experiance on this subject. Still, you gotta love the cheesy videogame effect in Tron (the movie) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It was made like in 1981, so you got to give it credit. It was cool back in the day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-01-23 14:47, anwserman wrote:

On 2004-01-23 14:44, Sord wrote:

It was made like in 1981, so you got to give it credit. It was cool back in the day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It cool now, fav classic movie, followed by Akida, the biggest Anime hit in the 80's...i listen to 80's songs and whatch there movies, but if you've seen my room, you would swear i'm a sixties reject http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Solstis
Jan 23, 2004, 07:26 PM
I blame Mitch for your not wanting to play games as much. Yeah, I guess one day I'll have to move on, but I'm trying to enjoy as much videogames as I can before I go to college (I've been threatened by my mom).

Aunt_Betty
Jan 23, 2004, 10:25 PM
Tron...that would have made a good movie now.

KodiaX987
Jan 23, 2004, 10:30 PM
They actually released a game called Tron 2.0 Nifty! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sord
Jan 23, 2004, 10:38 PM
On 2004-01-23 19:30, KodiaX987 wrote:
They actually released a game called Tron 2.0 Nifty! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

actually they have released two tron games. On another note: Somehow i managed to move this fic from anwserman's problems to tron. So i'll try and put it back with two simple questions:

Have you asked her to do anything else? If so what was it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-01-23 19:38 ]</font>

Robo47
Jan 23, 2004, 10:41 PM
Didn't the movie Tron have that motorcycle chase with the blue and red guys?

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 12:59 AM
On 2004-01-23 19:41, Robo47 wrote:

yes, that's what my rappy bike was based off of in the fan fic race tourney, only it was yellow and had rappy missile and a rappy toe nail machine gun.

Amiadon
Jan 24, 2004, 02:25 AM
I love both Fatal Frames. Miku is cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Is Crimson Butterfly good? Tell me! *snarl*

Garanz2
Jan 24, 2004, 03:03 AM
On 2004-01-23 21:59, Sord wrote:

On 2004-01-23 19:41, Robo47 wrote:

yes, that's what my rappy bike was based off of in the fan fic race tourney, only it was yellow and had rappy missile and a rappy toe nail machine gun.

And won! Gratz again Sord!

On topic, There's probably a happy medium somewhere. Ask her, is there anything she enjoys doing besides videogames? If she says no, I wouldn't really bother with her. Personally.

ABDUR101
Jan 24, 2004, 03:46 AM
No worries about changing and feeling differently about things that have held your interest for so long. At first you feel abit lost, since you sort of don't know what to get into, or what you're going to do. But, things get old, and you start to want to try something different, even things that you'd of not cared for before.

Ever since I was rather young, I'd been a gamer. Constantly playing games since I live back a dead end road, and there aren't any kids my age, aside from my older brother. I'm not social either, and for all my life, I was glad to just put a game in and play the hell out of it. It fun, and it killed the time through the day and night. Thats what mattered at the time.

I'm still a gamer, but different games interest me, and I don't play as much. Just means my 14 year old nephew and I have abit less fun unless there's a game we're both into, unless the weather's nice and we can go do something outside.

But the thing is, different interests, different friends have different interests. There's nothing wrong with having friends with different interests and doing things respectively with each. So you can go out, get sweaty and exhaust yourself with one friend, and if thats what you want, hey, do it, hell I wish I could find someone around here like that. And if you have a friend who likes to stay inside, play games and so on, well hey, perfect friend for a rainy day right? Don't think of it as "Oh, I'm spending more time with such-such and not with so-so like I used to". You're just doing what interests you, hopefully your friends don't take it as a personal insult. (You offered to play with Amanda at volleyball, she refused right? Thats no foul on your part)

kingmurp
Jan 24, 2004, 09:27 AM
Different friends have different interests. I got videogame friends, work friends, and drinkin buddies. It's part of growing up people change, just remember to keep yourself happy or you lose it all.

Ness
Jan 24, 2004, 01:07 PM
I too have noticed changes since middle school. Three years ago I wcould stay up all night palying videogames, but now I get bored with them after two hours. I like to be out with friends nowadays and I find going to the movies and trying to pick up girls more entertaining than videogames (something I never thought possible).

swan_s0ng
Jan 25, 2004, 10:34 AM
I don't know. I'm sensing that I am changing as a person, caught in a transition period between old and new.... life is confusing at times. I think I just need to relax, without any stress, and evaluate my friendships and personalities and to find myself, however that may be. Or perhaps getting my job back in two weeks will help too (DQ is opening), but I just seem... odd.

i dont think it matters much how you respond to your apparent changes in desire. afterall, you cannot conciously influence what you want, you can only altar how you react to what you want. the probability of you not loosing contact with highschool "friends" is very low, the statistics are against you. still, the mathematical probability of future events never reaches one, however likly.