PDA

View Full Version : Was it something I said?

ilr2000
Jan 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
I used to be the red sword finding god. I mean seriously... I was so confident in my red sword finding abilities that I would orginize trades with people before I actually got the sword. And when an agreement was reached, It wasn't until then that I went into EN2 and picked up the red sword in as little as one or two runs of the damn thing.

I must have come across a grand total of nine or ten red swords, but ever since I hit level 160+ I have not be able to find another one. It's been nearly 300 hours since then and I've done countless EN2 runs, but not a single damn red sword has shown up. I figured that luck simply decided to not be my friend anymore, but holy crap man... this is like trying to get through forest without finding a monomate!!!

I swear to god that some unknown variable has killed my red sword finding ability, because it simply refuses to drop. I've found much rarer weapons than that during casual runs of random levels. Hell, I've even found a luminous field from a Sinow Blue in mines, which isn't exactly the most generous SOB in the game.

Has anyone else ever noticed that they can no longer find something as well as they used to? If someone else noticed that they haven't been able to find something they used to see all the time... then maybe I'm right and something else really is going on here.

.. 300 hours and countless EN2 runs... I just don't believe it....

Nai_Calus
Jan 23, 2004, 06:29 PM
That... Sucks, I guess? Meh, I wish I would have that kind of luck someday. But not with Red Swords.

I never find rares. My last rare I actually remember was a bleeding Cross Scar. The sad thing is it wasn't even with my ORAN. It was a PURPLENUM game I'd made with my RAmarl. X_x; Speaking of her, I don't even find her freaking L&Ks she should be drowning in. My FOmar doesn't even get Bravemans. It's depressing. It's always been this way. At least you've -had- luck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Jan 23, 2004, 06:41 PM
I second with Ian!
My Redria doesn't find Braveman, my Oran doesn't find Cross Scars (not a single pair ever!) my Purplenum doesn't find mechs, my Whitill doesn't find Slicer of Asssain.

... I don't find P-drops, either.

... Yesh.

ilr2000
Jan 23, 2004, 07:00 PM
o_o;; ouchies.

Well.. This is a Hunter class (HUnewearl) using a hunter ID (skyly). Perhaps your class and ID are clashing too much, and they sort of cancel each other out? It's a goofy little theory I've never really talked about, but the rare drops always stuck me as being based first on your ID, and then on your class.

For instance, I'm technically supposed to find mostly power materials, but I'm actually finding more mind materials. Being the FO-HU crossover, it seems sort of appropriate. Also, I've talked to Skyly HUcasts who say they can't find a single red sword, but have found a couple of red daggers. Crazy part about it is-- I've NEVER found a SINGLE red dagger in my entire PSO/Skyly career. (yeah, i gotta call it a career at this point in the game). Somehow another Skyly character has been able to find a few red/daggers and no red swords, when I've found a few red swords and no red/daggers. Same level, same ID, different class. *shrugs* Its just a theory, but it's something I always weighted in the back of my mind.

Jarek
Jan 23, 2004, 07:07 PM
i've seemed to notice a big drop in my rare finding abilities as well. i'm at 146, and it does seem like i've been hit with bad luck.

although i did just find a madam's umbrella the other day. =)

Nai_Calus
Jan 23, 2004, 07:43 PM
Nah, PURPLENUM is a 'RA' ID, and ORAN is a 'HU' ID... ERI's a RAmarl, so it fits her, and Ian-Kun X is a HUmar, so it... Completely fails to fit him because I hate Daggers unless it's on a HUcaseal, hehe. Navi's ORAN is a HUcast...

Meh, the game just plain hates some people.

kyleo999
Jan 23, 2004, 08:43 PM
At least you've had good luck to begin with. My rare-finding luck has never been good. The rarest thing I've found is probably an Angry Fist.

Jason
Jan 23, 2004, 10:41 PM
On 2004-01-23 17:43, kyleo999 wrote:
At least you've had good luck to begin with. My rare-finding luck has never been good. The rarest thing I've found is probably an Angry Fist.

My rarest is the Delsaber set, which is really nothing compare to others...

ilr2000
Jan 23, 2004, 11:03 PM
Do you guys really have such terrible luck? Hmmm... How many hours would you say you play offline? What's your total clock time, and what levels are you characters and in what difficulties? I don't want to sound like a pretentious ass for asking these question, but it seems really odd that you guys truly have no luck with the rares. In fact there's no such thing as luck to begin with, if you think about it. It's all math in the end.

If you play online 99% of the time then that could be apart of the problem. Even if you spend 50% of your time online you'll probably have a tough time getting the nicer rares. I know this is a multiplayer game, but I've found that if I want to find shit- play alone. If I want m4d exp- play with others. To make a wild guess, I would say that I spend about 80% of my PSO gaming alone. The result is my legit character who looks like they've been "duped out", if you get my meaning.

If you have logged in m4d hours offline or in private games alone... and you've been in Ultimate mode with high level characters for over 300 hours... and you STILL haven't found anything halfway decent... Then damn man... I just don't know what to say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2004, 12:37 AM
Eh, I actually have pretty good stuff for my level/times/etc. I pipe like mad.

But REDRIA has a bunch of semi-decent, not too difficult drops, and yet the only good non-piped thing I've gotten off my L125 FOmar is a God/Battle(Piped - Lavis Cannon, 1x Cure/Shock, 3x Demo Comet. This really did not take very long, especially since only 7 Pouillys stiffed me before #8 coughed up). He's been in Ult since L52. Nothing. (And then I got online in late November and haven't even bothered to bitchslap my way though Mines to get to Ruins with him, heh, despite having -beaten- Ep2 offline...) Been doing ET runs with SKYLY friends when I can. Nothing from those either, although I can do ET with my eyes closed now. He's got less than 400 hours on him, though. Consider that he does ET more than anything, ET is crappy exp, and he's been at it for around 15-20 levels now. Gluh.

ORAN has a few decent drops, and Ian-Kun X was my highest character when I was offline, that I'd had the longest... Two Red Partisans, Crimson Assassins. Whee? A few Cross Scars and Dragon Slayers... I think the 'rarest' thing I've gotten with him is the ever-useless God/TP a Pan Arms coughed up when I somehow killed it intact back at L70ish. He did runs mostly... Forest, Ruins, Seabed... Nada. Heck, I haven't even found his crummy ID-specific rare, and there are what, six thousand Sinow Zoas in Seabed? Guh.

Various other characters are lower levels. They don't find anything either.

My ORAN actually made it to Ult without finding ANY of his rare daggers, come to think of it. He found a DB's Saber, a Musashi(That I didn't use because it was too slow and sucked), G-Assassin's Arms, and a Rappy's Wing... That's about it.(Then again, he did get to Ult fairly early for a first character - Levelled to 60 off VHard Falz) Hell, I did a good 30 Hard Temple runs trying to get Barba Ray to drop a Double Saber for him, and that didn't turn up anything at all. ._.;

So yeah. If I don't pipe it, I can basically assume I'll never get it. Especially since now with college I don't have the free time to do the billions of runs it takes to actually find things. And everything I want always drops in areas my friends don't want to go to or on IDs I don't have in Ult. Gleh.

Garm
Jan 24, 2004, 04:40 AM
370 hours and 2 11 stars ( god/arm and gaurd wave, found the wave last night, pally was sitting behind a fatso and i almost piped back :S) so its just bad luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 06:24 AM
10 RED SWORD... I HATE you !

Now I'll explain my profile to you.
Kefka is SKYLY and I changed my profile here when he found his 40th CHAIN SAWD, and you know why ? HE ONLY EVER FOUND ONE RED SWORD !!

I HAAAAAAAAATE GOVULMER !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had better luck with RED SWORD on VIRIDIA >_<

Wood_Golem
Jan 24, 2004, 06:54 AM
I can't say i have bad luck.. i could never say that.. i have just about everything i could ever want (offline that is), but to be more on topic, i've found 3 Red Dagger's 3 Red Sword's but i never found a Red Slicer from a Skyly nano.. but my friend is the contrary he got 3 Red Slicer's but not a single Sword/Dagger. It's all down to luck but i mean i spend most of my playing time in the Caves but havn't ever found a Red Slicer.. i even got a God/Hp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif and that isn't a particulary easy drop offline.

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 07:02 AM
I got a God/HP too, 1 RED SLICER, 4 RED DAGGER, 1 Pan Arms' Arms, 29 DRAGON SLAYER from Slime, 8 from boss, 1 YAMATO, 2 DB'S SHIELD, 7 SANGE, 3 DEMOLITION COMET, 25 GUILTY LIGHT and 40 f***ing CHAIN SAWD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

kingmurp
Jan 24, 2004, 07:03 AM
My skyly has found 2. As for rares I think the game actually tracks that You've found to many of an item, I haven't found a GAE BOLG with my Bluefull in the longest time. Eitherway I haven't had much luck finding anything besides pds, and my best recent rare a plantain leaf.

ilr2000
Jan 24, 2004, 09:18 AM
I just double checked my game clock...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif 817 hours on a level 188 Skyly character. I think that's all the explination we need right there. Don't consider yourselves particularly unlucky, it sounds like your right on track. You're first rares WILL be piped monster rares, and it'll stay like that for a loooooooooooooooooong time.

On 2004-01-24 04:03, kingmurp wrote:
My skyly has found 2. As for rares I think the game actually tracks that You've found to many of an item, I haven't found a GAE BOLG with my Bluefull in the longest time. Eitherway I haven't had much luck finding anything besides pds, and my best recent rare a plantain leaf.

Yeah, it really feels like that's the case. I hope when I hit level 200 ST programmed in a bonus where all limits like that are lifted. At least that would be nice...