PDA

View Full Version : Xbox PSO

Vint4ge_lRed
Jan 23, 2004, 06:24 PM
I've been playing offline Xbox PSO Ep 1&2 for awhile now. Is it worth playing online? And are there a good amount of people that play online?

Toruxxx
Jan 23, 2004, 07:26 PM
ummmm yea quite a few ppl play it online but not as much as the gamecube version as u can play with ppl all over the world on xbox u can only play with ppl in the US or if ur from EUR u can only play with them thats the only bad thing about it. everything else is all good.

AxemPunanny
Jan 23, 2004, 08:10 PM
Another positive is: If you make friends with PSOX, you'll have the same ppl on your Xbox Live Friends List. In other words, these same friends would show up if you were playing another XBL game. I don't know if you have other XBL games or use/have XBL. Having XBL gives you the ability to check up on your friends and see what they are playing and either joining or inviting them to play another game.

But speaking strictly on PSOX, there are still a good number of ppl playing. I don't see a problem with finding ppl to play with, unless it's for Challenge Mode (specifically Time Attacking). Staying away from the first ship (Apatite) is advised, but not forbidden. There's alot of cheating/hacking that goes around there (which has been part of the game since the DC days).

kevlar_pso
Jan 23, 2004, 10:39 PM
Xbox Live It's good to play together

I think that just about sums it up. When you do get online, send me a friends request and we'll play together. You can find my gamertag if u click on my profile. I am on a die hard C mode trip, so we could help each other get our S ranks.

Big-Enki
Jan 24, 2004, 12:58 AM
One thing about PSOX that is diffrent from cube is that many more good rares drop. I never found a lavis cannon on PSOGC but I have on PSOX. Come online and find out that it is just as fun as on GC.

G4_Hedgehog
Jan 24, 2004, 09:17 AM
Since I've never played PSOGC, I'll have to judge it on what I know. Although the voice in PSOX lags, it's quicker to say something than it is to have to type it out any day of the week, even if it gets to the person 3 seconds late. There are lots of people playing, but that number shrinks quickly every day. My advice: Join a guild like SP, PSU, or LBG. You won't regret it.

Vint4ge_lRed
Jan 24, 2004, 09:12 PM
Cool. I'll add you..I'm a level 36 HUcast with a 116 Sato(for invincibility) right now. Once I raise my level a bit more, I'll activate my Hunter's Liscense and get that 2 month free thing and see how much better it is online.

My gamertag is Vint4ge_Red. I play some Rainbow Six and Crimson Skies too. Can't wait for TFL though.

And about that rare thing...Yeah, all those red boxes started dropping like candy once I reached hard mode. I got 2 Musashis, 2 Db Sabers, Flowen's Sword, GALABOLGD, and some rifle in the last 2 days..if they're any good. I was thinking my game might like me alot or something.

kevlar_pso
Jan 25, 2004, 08:08 PM
Whoa! Stop right there, did you just say Crimson Skies? I love that game, when I rented it I quit playin PSO for like 2 weeks! I'm gonna be gettin that here shortly after my finances shore up some. Took a $800 hit on fixin my car so I can't quite get my router and Crimson Skies. I definately wanna hook up w/ya on PSO tho. We could quest, build up our chars then work toward being aces on CS. Right now I'm @the 4 dot level, not too far from bein an Ace.
Here's my Gamertag

kevlarAK

Send me a request aight?

MFGouken
Jan 25, 2004, 09:42 PM
On 2004-01-24 18:12, Vint4ge_lRed wrote:
Cool. I'll add you..I'm a level 36 HUcast with a 116 Sato(for invincibility) right now. Once I raise my level a bit more, I'll activate my Hunter's Liscense and get that 2 month free thing and see how much better it is online.

My gamertag is Vint4ge_Red. I play some Rainbow Six and Crimson Skies too. Can't wait for TFL though.

And about that rare thing...Yeah, all those red boxes started dropping like candy once I reached hard mode. I got 2 Musashis, 2 Db Sabers, Flowen's Sword, GALABOLGD, and some rifle in the last 2 days..if they're any good. I was thinking my game might like me alot or something.

2 months of XBL free right? Cause the PSO 2 mos ened a long time ago. Ah the old days when rare used to drop a lot, that was almost a year ago for some of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MFGouken on 2004-01-25 18:43 ]</font>

Vint4ge_lRed
Jan 26, 2004, 02:21 AM
What do you mean it ended? Isn't it for anybody who gets the game? Yeah well rares are dropping like crazy for me. Maybe there's a patch.

A2K
Jan 26, 2004, 02:30 AM
The two months you get free for your first hunter's license are separate from a two-month XBL trial, I believe.

MFGouken
Jan 26, 2004, 03:11 AM
On 2004-01-25 23:21, Vint4ge_lRed wrote:
What do you mean it ended? Isn't it for anybody who gets the game? Yeah well rares are dropping like crazy for me. Maybe there's a patch.

You will know what I mean when you get online, rares don't really drop as much in Ultimate as the ones in hard and Vhard.

Big-Enki
Jan 26, 2004, 05:38 AM
Well I don't know what id your playing on MF but they still drop like crazy 4 me in ult on PSOX today I found a demo comet and a df feild and just the other day I found red mechs with 40 hit

Toruxxx
Jan 26, 2004, 10:45 AM
On 2004-01-25 23:21, Vint4ge_lRed wrote:

dun worry mate it aint ended it wont end until u use it for 2 months when u go online i duno what that guy meant but pso is free 4 two months when u first sign up for the HL