PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Issuses

AzureBlaze
Jan 24, 2004, 01:06 AM
As in: are there any?

I've been looking around in the ep3 general board for a while now, but I havn't seen any posts lamenting corruption/death/deck-loss/data loss/FSODX. However, something like that might have been moved to the Rants Section to be buried in the general post about such things.

What mem.card is everyone here using? Is it a Nintendo 59block or the Nintendo251block? Has anyone had any deletion issues AT ALL? (I mean, without ST and their duper paranoia, there'd be no need for a killer deletion after lockups)

I am planning on getting Ep3, but I want a fresh memory card for it. However, all I'm finding in ANY store is that new Nintendo Brand "251" card, which is black, and also a 4x. It's Nintendo Brand AND cheap (19bucks) but...I've been forced to watch both myself and valued friends die due to issues with 4x cards and PSO--off brand or not.

-On DCPSO, I lost lvl 100 (Ver1) because I was on a 4X by NYKO.
-Lost a good friend to FSODX (quit after getting it) because he was on a non-nintendo 4x card on Ver1+2 for DCPSO.

You know the drill...it's the same for Gamecube, they can't make PSO's saves stable enough/and in duper-paranoia any disruption of a save results in it wiping the card clean of your chars.

I would like to buy a card now to prep for ep3, but I'd like the voice of experiance to chime in before I'm forced to order a 59er from an online store, or make the potentially fatal error of going for the 251. Any info is appriciated!

Shimarisu
Jan 24, 2004, 01:29 AM
Corruption can exist on any game. However FSOD-X seems to be absent from ep 3. I use a USB mem card, which had corrupted before on ep 1+2, but I never had any problems with ep 3.

If you are scared, order a Nintendo 59 off the internet, or order a USB (will only cost you twice as much as the pricey 259 ones, stores MORE data and is restorable if you corrupt).

- Shimarisu

-STE-
Jan 24, 2004, 02:52 AM
I use a 59 and i never had problem on ep 1 2 too fater 2 000 hours of play. 500 on episode 3 now i never fsod never had any problem.

Shimarisu
Jan 24, 2004, 04:42 AM
I corrupted on ep 1+2 with a Nintendo 59. Any mem card can get FSOD-X, it was to do with somebody entering the game at the exact same time you did. The bug doesn't happen on ep 3, as far as I can see. That's why when you are in a reserved tourney, it pulls you in one after another.

-Shimarisu

Zaneatron
Jan 24, 2004, 08:59 AM
i personally use the Hori 251 EP3 mem card. seems quite good so far, no problems. there was one time i got a scare, but it was because the card wasnt plugged in when i booted up my GC with AR, so when i put it in it didnt recognise it. so i turned my GC off, started the process again with the mem card in, and it worked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zebulan7
Jan 24, 2004, 12:21 PM
I unwitingly put my ep1+2 data on my Noki 59 mem card. I thought I could transfer the data when I got 251 from nintendo. I was scared.

I have yet to have any major losses. I lost all un-equiped items twice, on the same character. The third time when I FSOD I did the multi-mem. card thing, where you use multi-player to restore data. Saved my items/character!

Getintothegame
Jan 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
Heh, I got corrupted in the trial due to me being an idiot.

Only way it can really happen is if you FSOD when the memory card is saving during logging on.

Or if you pull it out when it is saving (or turn the system off when it is saving http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

But we all know not to do that.

Link00seven
Jan 24, 2004, 11:21 PM
I personally think all the rumers of the 251's being unstable with PSO are lies. I've used a 251 on both Ver 1.1 JP and EpIII, and even back when I had the US version I used a 251. I never EVER lost data cept for FSOD while changing servers (which is the servers not the card lol)

I wouldnt worry if I were you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Getintothegame
Jan 25, 2004, 02:45 AM
^^^
Agreed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-01-24 23:45 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Jan 25, 2004, 06:22 AM
My Nintendo 251 is the ONLY mem card I own that hasn't managed to corrupt on ep 1+2. I have 500+ hours logged on it, no corruption. On my 59 card, 700 hours, one corruption. On my USB, 300 hours, 1 corruption (repaired though).

- Shimarisu