PDA

View Full Version : Dark Bridge and Megid

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2004, 02:10 AM
I got curious earlier about whether the Dark Bridge does boost the power of Megid or not, so I looked into it. My FOmarl has Megid lv 25, which has 90% sucess rate to it. I then skim through the resistances for the various enemies on Ult and find that Cave Ob Lilies have exactly 90 EDK, plus I don't have to worry about them coming up to me and clawing me to death. Since 90% success rate minus 90% resistance comes a 0% success rate, I would never be able to kill one and if the DB nudges the power up by even 1%, I'd be able to kill one eventually. So, I grab some things to get her EDK up from a weak 18 to nice 58 (Cave Obs spit lv 11 Megid, which has a 57% success rate, so I'd be safe). I also grabbed a Devil/Technique just in case the DB doesn't boost the Megid.

With only Megid 25, I head down to Ult Caves and get a room with an Ob Lily. I clear out all the other enemies in the room, add Megid to pallete and equip the DB and start to Megid away. After draining my TP three times (she has 1600 something TP), the Ob Lily is still sitting there, trying to kill me with its Megid. Now, if the DB boosts Megid by 20%, I would assume it would add 20% to the success rate, so I would in turn have a 20% chance to kill the Ob Lily, and from past experiences, a 20% chance is going to kill the enemy after not too long, but I've been doing nothing but Megidding the thing for a couple of minutes at least but haven't killed it. So, I throw on the Devil/Tech and start at again with a 2% chance if the DB doesn't boost Megid. Not too much later, the Ob Lily dies. I then turn my attention to another Ob that happens to be sitting in the room and before you know it, it gets killed from the Megid as well.

Not completely satisfied, I continue on through the Caves to find more Obs. I don't end up finding another Ob until the big room with the hole in it. I start at it again on the Obs there and same thing happens, I can't kill them with the Megid unless I up my Megid level. Also, along the way to the room, I tried the Megid out on the Vulmers that I came across along the way, switching between the DB and a P. Wand, since they only have a 70 EDK, they'd get killed off with out too much trouble regardless of any boosts. Pretty much, I didn't see any difference in how fast they got killed between the two.

With all this said, I'm pretty much convinced that the Dark Bridge does not boost Megid at all. Even if it just boosts the power by a percentage of what you have already, I'd still have 108% success rate which would have still killed the Ob Lily fairly easily. While doing this, I remembered that FOnewearls supposedly have a 30% boost to Megid and I happen to have a decently leveled one in Ult (lv 117). So, I check her out and see that she has Megid 21 on her, so I dupe the Devil/Tech and put the two of them on her to get it up to lv 25 so she'd be like how my FOmarl was and take her on down to the Caves. In a nut shell, it worked out pretty much the same way it did with my FOmarl. All of this makes me wonder if Megid can even be boosted at all. So, what's your people's opionions on this?

VulpesMundi
Jan 24, 2004, 03:16 AM
In my experience, the only boost Megid gets is whether or not it pierces. All enemies automatically have piercing Megid, but FOnewearl is the only player class that has piercing Megid. Other than that, the only thing that effects the chance for success is the level of the spell versus the target's resistance.

Jarek
Jan 24, 2004, 05:17 AM
umm...i know that the DB allows your megid to penetrate (because my FOmarl can with it), but other than that, i didn't think it did anything with megid whatsoever.

Hrith
Jan 24, 2004, 06:17 AM
I agree with VulpesMundi. And like I told you I have not noticed during my numerous Seabed runs differences between Hedoba and Aelia nor between DARK BRIDGE or other weapons.

Speaking of which, I have found Megid Lv.29 yesterday with Aelia, you can have it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

lain2k3
Jan 24, 2004, 11:10 AM
demonic fork only makes megid penetrate, or have you tested this theory with that weaopn?

thats the only other wep. I can think of that would make a difference.

I am also quite sure that DB makes megid penetrate as well.

and also sounomi, could you post the % success chances of enemy megids? I'm sure there are quite a few people who would like to know.

thanks.

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2004, 01:52 PM
On 2004-01-24 00:16, VulpesMundi wrote:
In my experience, the only boost Megid gets is whether or not it pierces. All enemies automatically have piercing Megid, but FOnewearl is the only player class that has piercing Megid. Other than that, the only thing that effects the chance for success is the level of the spell versus the target's resistance.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've noticed and figured out last night. So, if Megid can't be boosted beyond penetration, why is it listed that FOnewearls get a boost and that the Dark Bridge adds a boost to Megid?

On 2004-01-24 08:10, lain2k3 wrote:
demonic fork only makes megid penetrate, or have you tested this theory with that weaopn?

I don't have a Demonic Fork to test it with at the moment. I pretty much only tested the Dark Bridge and FOnewearls since they are listed as having a boost to the power of Megid.

and also sounomi, could you post the % success chances of enemy megids? I'm sure there are quite a few people who would like to know.

PSOW has some of the Megid levels listed here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=951) beyond those, I'm not sure what level of Megid each enemy has at the moment.

Luis
Mar 29, 2005, 11:10 PM
i got a doubt about it right now, i need to find deeply, hows this is related inside the game because it doenst seem clear to me. I am not sure but i see a diference between forces using megid.

Quo
Mar 30, 2005, 12:55 AM
Wow. Uber bump. Shame on you Luis. Don't post in threads more than 1 or 2 weeks old.

Bu5ta
Mar 30, 2005, 01:04 AM
Hey, at least you can't say Luis isn't using the Search Function, lol.

Hrith
Mar 30, 2005, 05:59 AM
On 2005-03-29 21:55, Quo wrote:
Wow. Uber bump. Shame on you Luis. Don't post in threads more than 1 or 2 weeks old.Or 15 months http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: lol, Sou and Fox

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-03-30 03:06 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 30, 2005, 07:34 AM
On 2005-03-30 02:59, Kef wrote:
Edit: lol, Sou and Fox

When I first looked at this thread today, I thought, "Cool, Sou and Fox are back!" Then I looked at the date....http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif