PDA

View Full Version : Error 101 - still not resolved!

lain2k3
Jan 24, 2004, 10:50 AM
I've gone over the faq here, please dont redirect me there.

I heard that there was going to be a server maitinence around jan. 20th, but I've been getting error # 101 messages for about a week now. It says that the server may be undergoing maitinence, and it cant connect to the internet. The colorfied loading screen goes through fine, but then the little blue orb thingy appears with out the 'minhiro' screen.

If anyone knows how to fix this error, please help me out.

thabks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-01-30 17:32 ]</font>

Kadou
Jan 24, 2004, 11:33 AM
I've been getting crap like that recently, too. The only difference was that it either disconnected without an error message or it gave me No. 102, "Could not connect to D-something-something (not DHCP) server."

Did you try looking in the stickies yet?

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 12:25 PM
I've looked at the stickies, and nobody else seems to have ever had this problem. However, I know this is not true. why wont anyone help! c'mon people, I'm paying for this shit right now! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rich_T
Jan 25, 2004, 01:14 PM
Waht text do you get with the error?

Is this the gamecube version?

to check its not your network settings, go to the homepage option there, and browse through the website.

VioletSkye
Jan 25, 2004, 01:14 PM
Well for one thing you have provided no information for anyone to look at. If you actually read the stickies, you would have seen that we need information to go on.

What type of service is it (dialup or broadband?)

What kind of setup do you have (direct connection, router, hub ICS?)

Who is the ISP?

What are the brand names of any hardware you are using to connect?

Without any of that information, noone is going to be able to assist you with anything.

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 03:20 PM
I'm on GCN, I use a wireless linksys router, I have comcast cable internet, and I use a BBA.

the text says that the connection failed and it will sever the connection when you press start. no clue as to the cause. I've changed nothing from when It was working 9 days ago, except the clock, which was 53 minutes fast. I set it right, and its not working.

sorry about that guys. :sweat:

metalPhantom
Jan 26, 2004, 05:11 AM
I am getting the same error as well. No idea what's wrong. I have just bought PSO and never managed to go online. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I am using a Proxy installed on my PC to go online. Using this method, PSO's inbuilt browser works just fine and I managed to buy a hunter's licence (10 days ago http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ). The problem was that when I attempt to staert an online game I get error 102 (check ISP settings) as soon as the game starts looking for a DNS server.

So, I installed a DNS server on my PC and entered the IPs for the european, american and japanese servers as well as the IP for the playsega website.

Now I am getting ERROR 101 instead. At least it seams that the server is being found......

Any clues?

Thanks.

metalPhantom
Jan 26, 2004, 05:14 AM
Oh, I have the gamecube version of PSO.

I have Euroweb ADSL (MALTA). I connect to my modem through a 5 port 10/100 Ethernet switch. My ISP uses a VPN connect, so I cannot connect directly using my gamecube. That is why I am using a Proxy server.

My hunter's licence is fine. I bought it from he gamecube and verified it from my PC.

lain2k3
Jan 30, 2004, 08:34 PM
C'mon, there has to be someone who knows whats going on!