PDA

View Full Version : Recommended levels?

RedHat39
Jan 24, 2004, 03:57 PM
I finally beat the big worm at the end of caves 3 in EP1. It took some doing though for my lvl 20 HUmar. I used up all 10 monomates and 5 trimates doing it weilding a +6 Ice Autogun on my 4th attempt to kill him.

Question I have is there any walkthroughs here that give recommended lvls for taking on the bosses? I think either I wasn't doing something right, or my lvl was too low, or my armor/weapons suck for such a hard boss to beat. I'm wearing cross armor with 3 slots, Knight power in 2 of them, and theif legs in the other. Plus I have a hard shield equiped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedHat39 on 2004-01-24 12:58 ]</font>

Jason
Jan 24, 2004, 03:59 PM
You're doing fine, that worm is tough at the very beginning.

undevil
Jan 24, 2004, 04:46 PM
Yes. Though once you get a gun or magic power that can hit multiple enemies at once, it becomes easy. When he gets his head onto the ship, that is the time to use anything and everything you got. I wouldn't really worry about getting hit by the tenticle things unless they kill you in one hit.

The hardest boss I really have trouble beating is the third form of Dark Flow or whatever his name is. It took me a while to realize when he grows red, that means he took someones soul. I didn't get it, even after people kept yelling at me not to hit him. LoL.

I haven't really played on Ep2 much, but that Dragon boss is pretty hard. The one who shoots the lightning attack on ultimate.

Black000Moon
Jan 24, 2004, 05:14 PM
*cough* guide section *cough*

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

RedHat39
Jan 24, 2004, 05:50 PM
God, if it had been a snake.... Thanks Black000Moon. I don't know how I over looked it.

Hmm, level 10 for the caves? I must really be gimped or something then. I had trouble with the first dragon in the forest at level 9 when I went through there.

On 2004-01-24 14:14, Black000Moon wrote:
*cough* guide section *cough*

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

Bibi2k4
Jan 24, 2004, 06:00 PM
Well the level recomendation can be bypassed if you have great weapons but in general even in this condition,you will still lack some HP to simply survive the ennemies attacks...

odie2088
Jan 24, 2004, 06:12 PM
you're a HUmar? and you're on normal? and you had trouble with the DRAGON at level 9!? ...for some reason i find that disturbing...maybe im remotely good at the game? but why did you use an ice autogun against de rol le if you were a HUmar....you should've used a partisan or sword for when he got onto the raft to beat the crap out of about half of him for uber-damage, it works really good, but you should bring a gun unless you have fluids to cast foie or zonde on him while hes in the water, but if you dont want to buy fluids bring a gun to shoot at him while hes in the water, and thats about it. i'd say hes easiest to beat with hunters...

RedHat39
Jan 25, 2004, 10:35 AM
On 2004-01-24 15:12, odie2088 wrote:
you're a HUmar? and you're on normal? and you had trouble with the DRAGON at level 9!? ...

Yeah but not much. I took the dragon on the 2nd try. What got me with him the 1st go around was trying to get used to the way I had to move around with the unusual camera angle.

you should've used a partisan or sword for when he got onto the raft to beat the crap out of about half of him for uber-damage,

I tried a +6 saber the first two tries to defeat him. But while he was swimming to the side, in front of or behind me all I could do was cast Foie at him which only seemed to land about 1 out of 4 tries. But I only took monomates and 1 or 2 trimates with me so once I ran out of health recovery it was over.

On the 3rd attempt I tried a +2 mechgun and finally figured out how to dodge his lightning attacks. I was able to shoot him while he was swimming so I could see that a gun was working out better. Still I ran out of health recovery. The 4th attempt I went in loaded with monomates and trimates and with the +6 ice gun. This worked for me this time.

i'd say hes easiest to beat with hunters...

Yeah thats what I've gathered from reading these forums. It may be just me maybe I just suck at this game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It definately not like any other console game I've ever played before.

Keza
Jan 26, 2004, 08:52 AM
lv9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what?? i just did ep 1&2 on ultimate
now that was hard but i got nothing from the final bosses, o well i suppose i will try again

lv9 tho...... dissapointing

Kaos-Bringer-
Jan 26, 2004, 09:40 AM
ok erm hmm....

i think... 5+ for dragon, 10+ for worm, 15-20+ for vol opt and 20-25+ for falz... though... strangely i had a melee fonewearl beat falz at lvl 18...

Achmed
Jan 26, 2004, 11:24 AM
It all depends on your equipment and the armor and shields that you have equiped.

Trianth
Jan 26, 2004, 12:36 PM
and if you want it to be a decent fight or not; I say beating the Dragon at lvl. 9 is fine. That gives you time to get better weapons and stuff, so you don't die too much and it make sthe battle a lot faster...