PDA

View Full Version : Character Equipment List... is there one?

Genoa
Jan 24, 2004, 05:56 PM
I list with ALL equipable items used by each character. Example: All the items a FOmar is able to equip. NOT a list like, They can use Sabers, Slicers, Handguns, Mechguns, Canes, Rods, and Wands. I know about that. I'm talking about rares in particular. So many different types of rare weapons are used for various characters. Example: FOmar can't use partisans yet he can use Soul Eater and Soul Banish. Or how he can't use rifles but he can use Chaos Bringer's Rifle. I don't know every item that each character can use and I haven't seen a list like this on this site. I'm just wondering if it's hidden somewhere I haven't looked or if we just don't have one. Help me out here please!?

odie2088
Jan 24, 2004, 06:20 PM
i know i know! go to the items database, click rare items:weapons and then, for the filter, go to whichever thing you want to find, and then for the class thingie find FOmar, im pretty sure you can find the class! have fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2004, 06:20 PM
You can filter the items database by class, but this does not work particularily well, as items the class can use will be missing, and items they can't use won't be missing... Unless this has been fixed since the last time I tried a few days ago. I don't think a RAmarl can use Lavis Blades or a Tsumikiri J-sword, as cool as that would be. And last time I looked at FOmar Bravace and L&K14 Combat at least were missing... *shrug* It gives you a good overall idea, though. Just don't take it as cannon unless it's fixed.

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2004, 06:44 PM
It looks like it still doesn't work properly, unless FOmarls can equip Lavis Blades and the '75 Agito and I'm just not aware of it.

Genoa
Jan 24, 2004, 06:57 PM
... it seems the filtering is done automatically. Someone needs to make a list manually. I know this might sound crazy but if people want to help me, I can look up the list of items and find out what some classes can equip. I'll do the forces. (this is gunna take a while...)

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2004, 07:07 PM
no offense but...who cares. The items are in the database and that lets you know what classes can and can't equip particular items. Most of it is common sense anyway. if you have a question on an item just look it up. I'm not saying that its not a good idea, but it seems like alot of unnecessary work and the lists would be fairly large. Like I said most of it is common sense anyway. You would need to do that for all 12 characters and there would be close to 150 things each including shields, armors, and weapons. If you want to do it more power to you, I just think its sorta unneeded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-24 16:26 ]</font>

Genoa
Jan 24, 2004, 07:28 PM
I understand what your saying. I just want it so I can look up my characters, look though the list, and point out what items I want to get for the character without having to go through EVERY item.

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-01-24 16:28, MegamanX wrote:
I understand what your saying. I just want it so I can look up my characters, look though the list, and point out what items I want to get for the character without having to go through EVERY item.

In principle its a good idea, but remember that your findings are controlled by section id, not class. So simply listing everything they can use by class won't mean that a particular char can find every item in their ID (so then you have go and make sure to break it all down into which id's find which items). Thats why the Item Finding by section ID is the way to go.

Anyway, like I said, more power to you if you want to do it. Just be prepared to spend some time on it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-24 16:33 ]</font>

Genoa
Jan 24, 2004, 07:35 PM
I have 5 characters on ultimate with 5 different ID's. I quite a wide variaty of items I can look for. And many others on Vhard, soon to be on Ultimate. Skyly, Bluefull, Purplenum, Pinkal, and Whitill are the ones on ultimate.

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2004, 07:58 PM
It'd be very easy to filter the items on a per class basis, which makes me wonder why it's acting the way it is.

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 05:43 PM
Well, I spoke with lolipoplolita, and she said she'd accept my guides for making them. I've got FOmar complete and it's in the guides.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1940
Now there is a Character Equipment section, though I have only one so far, I promise all of them very soon. I won't be here this weekend though (drill competion) but tonight i'm starting FOmarl.