PDA

View Full Version : FOmar or FOmarl ?

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jan 24, 2004, 06:27 PM
Okay, here is the deal, I have one slot left for either a FOmarl or a FOmar, the problem is I dont know which one to pick, since both seem to be the same thing !! So I want you guys to tell me, which one should I pick AND why. Thank you for your time ^_^ !!

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 24, 2004, 06:48 PM
fomars are made to be able to use weapons, but lose their mental strength as a result.

SpyroDi
Jan 24, 2004, 07:22 PM
I will not vote,because they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

FOmar:
1. Highest Attack Power of the FOrces (1002)
2. Second lowest HP in the game next to FOnewearl
3. Lowest Evade of the FOrces
4. Average MST (1340)
5. 20% Boost to Gi- Techs and Grants,2x range for Shifta/Deband
6. Just plain cool

FOmarl:
1. Balanced stat growth
2. Highest HP of the FOrces
3. Great Support FOrce,2x range for Shifta/Deband/Anti/Resta
4. Highest Defense Power of the FOrces (498)
5. 50% extra Grants damage
6. Decent Attack Power (872)
7. Lowest MST of the FOrces (1284)

Take yer pick.

Black000Moon
Jan 24, 2004, 07:41 PM
From what spyro said I saw ALOT more advantages from the FOmarl and they are cute so go with a FOmarl.

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2004, 07:44 PM
FOmar's Gi-tech boost is 30%, not 20%.

It really depends on what you intend to do. FOmarl is better at some things, FOmar is better at others.

If you intend to someday be a support Force, make the FOmarl. You'll thank me later. I love my FOmar, but I'm tired of completely fscking over his already crummy DFP for a Resta Merge to boost my non-existant Resta range to what seems to be merely -normal- Resta range, the hell with doubled. You'd expect L30 Resta to cover more than half a small room. XP I swear my HUmar has better Resta range with his L15 if Zero isn't using a Resta Merge. (This is probably not true, but considering how miserable Zero's range really is, it sure feels like it, lol) Guh, someone find me a GoE code so he can use Marina's Bag, lol.

Shitty support capabilities aside, I do love my FOmar. He can hold his own surprisingly well for being what may very well be the second worst class in the game(First is RAmar, without question. XP).

...Yeah. Make a FOmarl. There are too many FOmars. XD

Kadou
Jan 24, 2004, 07:54 PM
FOmar.

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2004, 07:58 PM
OK, yeah. FOmarl, lol, unless you don't plan on getting online/being a support Force, in which case the FOmar will serve you better IMO... I just tested with my FOmar and HUmar, and they have the same Resta range without a Resta Merge. XD Granted, the FOmar's is far more useful since he has more MST than a HUmar ever will, but for range purposes... lol

Squeege
Jan 24, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-01-24 16:22, SpyroDi wrote:

FOmar:
5. 20% Boost to Gi- Techs and Grants,2x range for Shifta/Deband

Actually I believe it's the FOmarl that has the grants boost.

lain2k3
Jan 24, 2004, 08:09 PM
fomar also has a 30% grants boost, fomarl has 50%.

I'd say go with the fomarl, unless you plan on being a pure casting force, the fomarl will be a better char, imo.

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-01-24 17:04, Squeege wrote:

Actually I believe it's the FOmarl that has the grants boost.

It's both. FOmarl's is 1.5x and FOmar's is 1.2x.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jan 24, 2004, 08:58 PM
Hmmm, I see your point. I am planing to be a offline/online support Force. So I guess Fomarl is the way to go.

EDIT: Thank you all for your time and patience ^_^ !!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lone_Wolf_Nasca on 2004-01-24 18:02 ]</font>

Silver-X
Jan 24, 2004, 09:38 PM
Just pick FOmar ..

Kadou
Jan 24, 2004, 11:04 PM
On 2004-01-24 18:38, Silver-X wrote:
Just pick FOmar ..

Yeah. You don't need any justification as to why. Just because FOmarl is an all-around better character doesn't mean that the FOmar is worse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cheep
Jan 24, 2004, 11:45 PM
On 2004-01-24 20:04, Kadou wrote:

Just pick FOmar ..

Yeah. You don't need any justification as to why. Just because FOmarl is an all-around better character doesn't mean that the FOmar is worse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Umm...That does make the fomar worse... Would you play a char if it had the worst stats in the game over one with better for no apparent reason? Man... I say FOmarl, I love mine and she's very strong. Besides everyone I've asked who doesn't know thinks fomars are girls. PSO is also infested with them and they all look the same!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 12:42 AM
On 2004-01-24 20:45, Cheep wrote:

Just pick FOmar ..

Umm...That does make the fomar worse... Would you play a char if it had the worst stats in the game over one with better for no apparent reason? Man... I say FOmarl, I love mine and she's very strong. Besides everyone I've asked who doesn't know thinks fomars are girls. PSO is also infested with them and they all look the same!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

heh, kadou,you gotta remember your little friend [/sarcasm]

but that was pretty funny, lol.

Jarek
Jan 25, 2004, 11:27 PM
i have a FOmarl at 147, and am quite happy with her. if you love range, go with her definitely; resta doubled with a resta merge+(not sure if it would work also) a marina's bag...wow! the same with a madam's umbrella; S/D is huge, although you'll use it less often. the grants boost is quite helpful, making sure you use it more often than you would normally.

flash_fire
Jan 25, 2004, 11:42 PM
The dfp difference between the Marl and the Mar is really insignificant at Higher levels as anything that will be able to hurt them, is gonna hurt about the same. Also the FOmar has the ability to be a Caster for damage whereas the FOmarl plain sucks ass hole for doing tech damage(Tech damage blows goats anyway, and if you really wanted to do Tech damage you would need a Newman). Also the FOmar has the FOmarl beat on dealing out Melee Damage. The ATA difference between the two is insignificant as both will need high Hit% weapons or they wont hit shit on Ultimate. The ONLY reason to pick a FOmarl would be for her Support Range. I personally couldn't care less if My resta Reaches very far(thats why Hunters and Rangers should carry Mates!), if they want healed they can stay close to me. If they don't and they die I'll just use Reverser on them. Higher MST and Higher ATP make the FOmar more useful to me as a Damage Dealing Character. So, If you want to be Purely support with a tiny bit of damage thrown in just to look like you are doing something, pick the FOmarl, she's better at it. Otherwise my vote goes to the FOmar.

lain2k3
Jan 25, 2004, 11:45 PM
oh, and I also forgot to mention that fomarls are the only characters that can legitimately kill an offline hildet in one attack, which would be grants with max mst and a caduceus.

I do 850 with grants with 700 mst and no cad...

FoS is sooo fun with fomarls.

akazala
Jan 26, 2004, 12:03 PM
I have a FOmar who is my second best character. At lvl 121 i have gotten into both Ult Ruins and Ult Seabed without much trouble. They have strong spells and i rarely die when playing as him.

Silver-X
Jan 26, 2004, 12:47 PM
On 2004-01-24 20:45, Cheep wrote:

Just pick FOmar ..

Why not play the 'worse' character for a challenge?
I mean c'mon does everything has to be the best, strong , easy to play etc?
I played a FOmar to lv.200 because it was a 'challenge'(and because i liked to be a FO and he looked kick ass) without max stat glitch/cheat/code whatever you want it to be called.
Sure maybe he sucks in ATA/ATP/DEF or whatever he sucks in , but then again every character sucks.
Like 'omfg HUmar sucks coze he got teh weak techz omg!!11'
Just play the character you like.

BTW, i'm not here to bash/diss people, it was just my opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
(and sorry for my grammar, i'm not english).