PDA

View Full Version : GC: can you get around corrupt data

charliepig
Jan 24, 2004, 11:45 PM
can you get around corrupt data

ERS
Jan 24, 2004, 11:55 PM
Clarify what you're talking about, then maybe you'll get a decent response.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 25, 2004, 12:03 AM
Well, if you are talking about what to do when it says your data is corrupt, then I can give one response.

This is not from my own experience, but I saw this on another forum.

It was the same topic, someone asked what to do when that happens. Out of the responses, one person had put something to this affect. He had seen that screen and got upset, so he shut of his GC (Or atleast I assue it aws GC). A while later he turned it back on, and everything was fine. So, I do not know if this helps, but it is an answere to say the least.

RoninJoku
Jan 25, 2004, 01:20 AM
Sometimes you can try to delete your guild card file and it will work again. There is also sometimes a back door method to get into your character file involving multi-mode or lots of memory card switching. But if you can make it to the character select screen and it says that the character file is corrupt then you are screwed. It all depends on what point during the save the data corrupted.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 25, 2004, 06:27 PM
Once It said the character files were corupted.I turned it off and turned it back on. And there was no more. But on my other mem card (don't EVER get madcatz,slow saving means a higher chance of FSOD-X.) I turned it off and on but faled-I had to delete it. And no deleting the guild card file won't save it.

Giezus
Jan 25, 2004, 11:13 PM
I read somewhere that deleting your guild card SOMETIMES saves it. Someone took a test character and tried to get Curupted data, and 3/4 times it worked for him. Although it might have just been the "turn it off and turn back on" trick somone said earlier.

Seej
Jan 27, 2004, 01:38 PM
it gets rele annoying when you find that your data gets corrupted,i had that happen to me, and i lost my best character