PDA

View Full Version : gaining levels while having maxed stats...

ilr2000
Jan 25, 2004, 01:17 PM
I'm wearing some temporary armor units that are maxing a few of my stats. In the DC version when you gained a level with a stat maxed you simply missed out on the points, is that the same case on the GC? Will I have to be careful when leveling, so that I don't lose some points due to my maxed stats?

rena-ko
Jan 25, 2004, 01:32 PM
it was the same on DC as it is now:

you gain a level -> you gain the stat-ups for that level

if you reach gold in one stat with the use of a slot item, weapon or armor boost (in the brackets, not outside) -> you gain the stat-up regardless of the fact you hit gold

if you reach gold solely with materials and dont use any stat-boosting slot items etc -> you will "miss out" on the stat-ups on level-ups from that time on.

example: a fomarl, that eats 250 mind mats will reach mst-gold without any additional boosts around level... uh... 130? something like that. this fomarl wont get any mst+ from any level-up and you could consider the mind mats wasted.

means: items that boost stats are not counted when you level-up since they are not permanently.

ergo: plan your mat-diet wisely if you plan on hitting level 200 in v3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-01-25 10:34 ]</font>

ilr2000
Jan 25, 2004, 01:38 PM
K. I've already got the plan and shit, just experimenting with a few things by slapping on units and maxing a few stats early. Didnt know it was like that, since in v2 I had all my stats maxed with mats by level 120. From then on all I got was HP.. fun times of v2....