PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Ratiness.

Nai_Calus
Jan 25, 2004, 11:24 PM
Both done in Painter Classic in a fit of boredom.

http://www.iankunx.net/delrati.jpg

Del Rati. Done before Navi's, actually, though Navi's is better. XD Isn't it... Uh, cute? *backs slowly away before it eats his soul*

http://www.iankunx.net/waterrati.jpg

A sort of stained glass watercolour Rati. Isn't it cute? n.n

*hugs Rati*

Robo47
Jan 25, 2004, 11:55 PM
Worthy of the name Rati. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sord
Jan 26, 2004, 12:45 AM
they're good, but man are you obssesed, lol

Daphne
Jan 26, 2004, 01:08 AM
I love the stained glass one! O' so holy art the Rati! =)

navci
Jan 26, 2004, 03:05 AM
I am glad you decided to pose them! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I still think the first one looked like a gold fish... purple gold fish.

ladyjaderiver
Jan 26, 2004, 03:32 PM
LOL! I like the stained glass rati. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shake
Jan 26, 2004, 06:06 PM
I told you.

dablacksephiroth
Jan 26, 2004, 06:10 PM
MEH!!! Ditto vote on churchiness!

Skett
Jan 26, 2004, 06:19 PM
Oh, you and your rati.

Anyway, good work. The stainglass one is good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-01-26 16:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-01-26 16:20 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 26, 2004, 06:57 PM
Raties? RATIES?! The correct plural is 'Rati'! Not Ratis! And not Raties! *weeps*

Er. Yeah.

Yeah, I'm rather fond of the stained glass-looking Rati. When I found the Church of the Holy Rati, I'm going to use that as the design for the stained glass windows.

*sniffle* Nobody likes poor smudgy smeary gunky-looking Del Rati. *pets Del Rati and gives it to a Del Ian*

And yes, I -am- Rati-obsessed. >P

Robo47
Jan 26, 2004, 07:04 PM
Could you tell us how this Rati obsession came about?

Skett
Jan 26, 2004, 07:24 PM
On 2004-01-26 15:57, Ian-KunX wrote:
Raties? RATIES?! The correct plural is 'Rati'! Not Ratis! And not Raties! *weeps*

What are you talking about? I wrote Rati. *Shifts eyes catiously*

Hey, maybe you can become a game designer and create a game all about Rati. Just a though.

Nai_Calus
Jan 26, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-01-26 16:04, Robo47 wrote:
Could you tell us how this Rati obsession came about?

But of course!

A.D. 2003

Memphis, TN

Ian sat in his boyfriend's house, bored. Chris was ignoring him again in favor of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, a fact which rather annoyed Ian. So he went into Chris' brother's room and began to root around through his video games for systems Ian did not own. Ian decided on a GC game, but which to pick? Well, Metroid Prime here is supposed to be good... But wait, what's this?

"Phantasy Star Online? Grr! That's the one he used to play all the time and completely ignore me for! I should play it, just so I can properly hate it." Ian decided on PSO, and put it in. "Hmm, guess I should just make a character or something." Ian thinks, and goes to do so. "Hmm, what to make. Meh, whatever. I'll just make a... HUmar... What a stupid name. It's the first one here, and it doesn't look too hideous." So Ian makes a HUmar. He fiddles with the appearance for a bit and comes up with something which does not entirely suck. He names it after himself, and starts to play. Ian starts his career by getting lost. On Pioneer 2. Ian finds his way down to Ragol.

"What the hell is this hot ping thing floating over my shoulder?"

"Oh, that's your Mag."

"My what?" So Ian is told briefly of Mags. Ian feeds his Mag when he can, which is not often, as Ian really, really sucks at this game so far. He dies often. But he sadly is sucked in by the virtual crack and becomes addicted...

A week later...

"Der? It changed?"

"Yeah, they do that."

"What the hell is a Photon Blast?"

Ian's Mag has been growing, and has just become a Varuna. Ian thinks the Varuna is cute, but objects to the colour. Ian decides to be flippant and names it Fluffy. He continues to feed it, raising both it and himself. In Normal Caves 2 one day, it changes again...

"Eww! What the fuck is that? It looks like bloody pastel pink flower petals or something!"

Ian is not enamoured with his Rudra. He begins feeding it even more religiously than before, to get it out of the Rudra stage. Finally it hits L50...

"Gyah!!! Yuck!!! Now it's even worse!"

Ian complains about his Kama to his friends online who also play PSO. They note the existance of special 4th evolution mags, and Ian goes to PSOWorld to look up stuff about them. He discovers which Mag he can get, and decides that from the tiny little picture, it doesn't look half bad. He works out how to get the required stat ratio and sets out on the long journey to create this mysterious thing called a 'Rati'.

And more time passes...

Dark Falz has been defeated, and Hard mode begun. Along the way Fluffy changed yet again, this time to an Apsaras. Ian doesn't like Apsaras any more than he likes Kama, and Fluffy's raising is still in full effect. He labours constantly on his Mag, carefully managing Fluffy's stats, continuing to progress...

And finally the day comes. Ian stands outside the warp in Caves 3, ready to fight Del Rol Le... And Fluffy is L99. Ian feeds him some Antidotes. The DEX bar goes up... Up... Up... Almost, but not quite. One more feeding. He waits. The minutes go by like hours, and finally Fluffy is hungry again. Ian gives him the final Antidote, and he changes for the last time...

"Whoa, COOL! That looks awesome! Way better than it was. I like it!"

Ian has his Rati, and it is good.

Skett
Jan 26, 2004, 07:53 PM
So thats how your obsession began. And the third person voice, nice touch. It is an actually interesting little story.

Now for the most important question: did you ever actually end up playing Metroid Prime?

Nai_Calus
Jan 26, 2004, 07:59 PM
On 2004-01-26 16:53, Skett wrote:
So thats how your obsession began. And the third person voice, nice touch. It is an actually interesting little story.

Now for the most important question: did you ever actually end up playing Metroid Prime?

I'm glad you liked it. XP It is, of course, true, and happened pretty much exactly like that, but it was much less moving at the time... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, a bit, since it came with the GC I eventually got for PSO. I kept playing around with the turning into a ball and rolling around thing and sucked horribly, lol. The first boss-type thing kept wasting me. I'm no good at that sort of game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;

*cuddles Fluffy* I still love you, my beautiful purple beam of sunshine. ^_^

Robo47
Jan 26, 2004, 08:01 PM
Interesting story. Although I still don't get why you have a Rati o-. Oh right, the appearance... Keh-Dokey.

Nai_Calus
Jan 26, 2004, 08:14 PM
On 2004-01-26 17:01, Robo47 wrote:
Interesting story. Although I still don't get why you have a Rati o-. Oh right, the appearance... Keh-Dokey.

Hmm? Oh. Didn't I make it clear? Ian-Kun X is an ORAN HUmar. The special Mag he gets is Rati. I'd probably have a Deva if I'd been WHITILL like I would have been if I hadn't captialized the K. Anything to get away from the hideousness of Kama.

I keep missing the amusing post counts. First I missed 666. Then 1024. Then 1337. Now 1776. Gotta wait for 2048, I guess.

But yes. Rati = teh secksi.

HunterKieran
Jan 26, 2004, 09:25 PM
What would a Skyly and Redria (Kieran and Demon-Kieran, if I were to raise a mag with them) get?

-Kieran

Nai_Calus
Jan 26, 2004, 09:35 PM
On 2004-01-26 18:25, HunterKieran wrote:
What would a Skyly and Redria (Kieran and Demon-Kieran, if I were to raise a mag with them) get?

-Kieran

SKYLY HUmar - Rati, POW+DEF = DEX+MIND ratio.
REDRIA FOmar - Nidra, POW+MIND = DEF+DEX ratio.

Dhylec
Jan 26, 2004, 09:38 PM
yup, the church rati is better looking..
give it a golden glow, ian!

Sord
Jan 26, 2004, 10:14 PM
i'm to impatien with mags, just give me a freaking cell...which i've never had the luck to find.