PDA

View Full Version : 'Casts

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 08:10 AM
I have noticed something. I play a HUcast, recently lvl 100 (yay!), and its great. He has roughly 900 HP, and from critical condition he restores to full in about a minute. I am offline, so I watch tv for a bit. But after a while I thought I wanted techs, so I made a HUnewearl. Mistake. My techs are ok at lower levels, but in Ult they just weren't that good I found.
So, I made a FOnewm, max statted him, gave him a 80 Mind MAG, duped lvl 25 techs, and dropped him off in Ult. I found the same problem. All of the enemies had such damn high resists that I had to spam their weakness tech about 5 times for the stronger monsters. It really gets annoying. I looked at the resists of the Ult monsters, and they often have their weakest resist at over 50%. So, even with their weakness used, half my damage was sucked away. Suxorz.
Granted, it is nifty to use mega techs, but still, when I compared the time it takes for my HUcast to do 2 combos to kill a monster, and with the casting times for the tech spam, the HUcast was much faster. I use a Partisan for bigger groups.
So, has anyone else noticed this, that Casts and Caseals are not too good at lower levels, but with the high stats and repair function, they are better than the tech wielders? Simply because of the resists?
Luke

Hrith
Jan 26, 2004, 09:20 AM
Well, like I said in another topic, it really depends on the area for me, Hedoba can breeze through Forest a lot faster than Kefka can, contrary applies to Ruins.

But I do agree that Androids rock http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Note : What does "snazzy" mean ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 09:39 AM
Snazzy isn't really a word, its made up, slang. It means like nifty, special glitzy. If that makes any sense.
Oh yeah, one other thing, casts and caseals pwnzorz Central Dome Fire Swirl. Why is this important? Because if you just unlocked the next difficulty, CDFS gives really good exp, especially on Ult, cos you fight massive crowds, much bigger than in normal play. And if your an android, it doesn't matter that you can't use techs. I got levels 76-92 from that quest on Ult. pwn.
Luke

Chris_c11t
Jan 26, 2004, 10:36 AM
Forces seem to be more like support charecters in higher levels. They're not less powerful as such, if you play as a team anyway.
If you're trying to go solo, then yeah I can understand that they seem a lot less powerful.

Although I agree that the high resists are very unfair, whereas defense works by merely taking a small protion of the damage off.
The justification behind them is supposed to be that it stops the force players killing everything in the room instantly with RAfoie, but then I still don't see why they just can't make multi-hit attacks less powerful and keep single attacks uneffected.

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah, one thing though, I should have titled this FOrces or something related, so that FO players would look...
Luke

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah. I do understand why the resists were put up, but its too much. If a monster is weak to Foie spells, and a max stat FOnewm nukes RAfoie, he should not be doing 250 max per spell. Especially considering how much tp is used...
Luke

lain2k3
Jan 26, 2004, 11:28 AM
heh. with hunewearls and ramarls, you're supposed to use S/D/J/Z, not try and kill stuff with foie or anything...fomarls, fonewms, ramarls, and hunewearls all outperform my hucaseal...

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 11:32 AM
That might be because your HUcaseal is lvl 111 (I think), and your RAmarl and HUnewearl are lvls 130 and 160, maybe that is why they are ever so slightly better?
Luke

lain2k3
Jan 26, 2004, 11:37 AM
On 2004-01-26 08:32, L_evans wrote:
That might be because your HUcaseal is lvl 111 (I think), and your RAmarl and HUnewearl are lvls 130 and 160, maybe that is why they are ever so slightly better?
Luke

no, I'm referring to them when they were at the same levels. my ramarl was totally owning the ult. ruins before level 85. my hucaseal still has serious trouble in there. hunewearls have no reason to not be better than droids. and I also said my <lvl 90 forces were much better than her. my fomarl melees the ult. mines without ever taking more than 30 physical damage. my hucaseal has been through mines once, and wont be returning anytime soon.

Superguppie
Jan 26, 2004, 11:38 AM
On 2004-01-26 08:24, L_evans wrote:
Yeah. I do understand why the resists were put up, but its too much. If a monster is weak to Foie spells, and a max stat FOnewm nukes RAfoie, he should not be doing 250 max per spell. Especially considering how much tp is used...
Luke

I disagree. Rafoie can be used to take down a whole horde of enemies. 5 Rafoies to take out 8 Bartles sounds like a nice deal to me. Against individual ones I use Foie, that does damage that is comparable to what other chars do with a single-enemy-hit weapon.
What I like about my FOnewearls is that they can do the multi-hit thing in it's ultimate form: All in a room. (Other chars need things like Heaven Punnisher for stuff like that. And there again we find people complaining about the damage done to each enemy hit) If that doesn't fit your personal style, you probably think the damage done sucks. If it is your style you can truely rule the place.

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 11:49 AM
>Lain, I really don't see how a lvl 90 melee FOmarl can go through Mines on Ult.
>Superguppie, I would rather quick-quick-quick, quick-quick-heavy to kill Bartles. Much faster. And with my ATP its possible. 960 Base, and I use a Delsabers combo, resulting in 1700 ATP. I think its good for forest, but I train in Caves, and there its still decent.
Luke

navci
Jan 26, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well. I play both a high level (well okay high level) FOnewm and a okay high level HUcast... so this is my take.

Team work, rulez.
As for offline, I still prefer my FOnewm, simply because he can also melee, but with his large tech book behind him he can deal painfully lots of damage, slash and cut, smile and bomb, everything dead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But yesh, bots are cool! I love mine to bits.

lain2k3
Jan 26, 2004, 02:34 PM
heh. she's actually level 86. it's really easy too. good level jellen and zalure being thrown all over the place, high level shifta and deband on, she takes next to nothing for damage, I have 4 /arm units eqipped, so she has 168 base ata. she uses charge gatlings with 45 hit and a charge sawcer with 50 hit. the charge hits do about 500 damage each, and she can hit reliably with the special as well. I spam rabarta and rafoie sometimes, and when stuff is frozen, I can do a hard/special/special combo and connect with everything.

my fonewm, on the other hand, runs around unarmed most of the time, and equips a rafoie merge. he uses deband, and has jellen programmed. he also takes next to no damage, outside of lasers. I kill canabins in 4 rafoies, and gilchics in 5. sinow bues in 6. I carry an ice staff dagon aroud, for sinow reds. his zonde has a better range than baranz do.

only thing I need is a cure/slow for my fomarl.

-Luke-
Jan 26, 2004, 02:44 PM
Yes. Very well. One thing though. I don't have to be constantly S/D and J/Z ed. The few times I have been online, I played with dickheads, and I was the support guy. For a FOmarl and 2 FOnewms. I carried Star Atomizers and Moons. Once they realised I could heal them, they decided to drop Resta. Anyway, back to the original point. I dont need S/D or J/Z, I don't need to spam techs repeatedly. Especially considering how ass tech damage tends to be with ult resists. But, I don't see it being helpful for you to Rafoie 6 times to kill a Sinow.
eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOOM.....eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOO M....eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOOM. Wow. Nice to look at though... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Luke

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 26, 2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I also find the tech resistances to be annoying, but your also have to keep in mind that techs DON'T MISS. Just something to think about.

Zelgadis
Jan 26, 2004, 03:16 PM
Eh...it depends on what your MST is too. My FOmar has topped out at 1340, I'm currently making him a defense/mind mag hopefully dropping about 60-70 mind and replacing it with defense....in single offline barely anything short of enemy special attacks hurt him. Hell he can even live through the Dark bringers triple shot. Cept he falls after one hit...lives with about 30 hp, gets back up, resta....even with level 30 resta he can't refill his hp....thats kinda insane...he kills most things in 4-5 blasts of whatever thier weakness is. You just have to be patient about killing enemies with a force. They top out, unlike the others who use weapons. Once they hit max mst, they don't get stronger...so you have to deal with that too...

Hrith
Jan 26, 2004, 03:39 PM
You sig rocks Luke http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And, Tsudo, your HTML frame is not closed >_<

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 26, 2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, my previous FOmar was about lvl 118 I think... and it was very hard to do anything in Ruins considering my HP was low and even with max defense and a Guard Wave equipped they still knocked me off my feet. I then soon realized that I suck as forces... so I returned to my previous ways of killing stuff by simple 3-hit combos.

Anyways, to get back to the point, Forces are GOOD, they rock in battle mode and they are awesome to have around when your playing as a team. On single mode though, they take a bit more strategy and you gotta pay attention. Besides, its really annoying playing with someone who has a super high level force then Bombs the whole field with Rafoie before you can even hit one enemy. So I'm pretty sure thats why they made forces weaker in Ultimate.

btw, sorry about the sig problem earlier, I was changing it and accidently forgot to close the table. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelgadis
Jan 26, 2004, 03:54 PM
Eh I don't have a problem playing as Zel in ult. If anything can even hurt him then wow. It's entertaining to watch cause he gets into a room with Arlans/Merlans/Del-D's and they just smack him around, can't cast but they can't do any damage to him lol.

lain2k3
Jan 26, 2004, 04:47 PM
On 2004-01-26 11:44, L_evans wrote:
Yes. Very well. One thing though. I don't have to be constantly S/D and J/Z ed. The few times I have been online, I played with dickheads, and I was the support guy. For a FOmarl and 2 FOnewms. I carried Star Atomizers and Moons. Once they realised I could heal them, they decided to drop Resta. Anyway, back to the original point. I dont need S/D or J/Z, I don't need to spam techs repeatedly. Especially considering how ass tech damage tends to be with ult resists. But, I don't see it being helpful for you to Rafoie 6 times to kill a Sinow.
eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOOM.....eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOO M....eeeeeeBOOM...eeeeeeBOOM. Wow. Nice to look at though... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Luke

? how does tech damage suck in offline ult? my fomarl with no bonuses at all, and 710 mst does almost 300 per rafoie in the mines, and this is with melee gear on...and there's no hunter driod that can easily take the ult. mines under level 130.

forces can pwn the mines at level 70.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 26, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-01-26 13:47, lain2k3 wrote:

? how does tech damage suck in offline ult? my fomarl with no bonuses at all, and 710 mst does almost 300 per rafoie in the mines, and this is with melee gear on...and there's no hunter driod that can easily take the ult. mines under level 130.

forces can pwn the mines at level 70.

I did, easily at lvl 108! All I needed was my Demolition Comet and my Chain Sawd. I worked Mines over! Oh and Mines is easy as a force in ultimate. With my FOmar I could sit there and Gifoie all day long and nothing even came close to touching me. So your right about that, Mines is alot harder as a Hunter.

SorceryMaster
Jan 26, 2004, 08:48 PM
On 2004-01-26 08:49, L_evans wrote:
>And with my ATP its possible. 960 Base, and I use a Delsabers combo, resulting in 1700 ATP.

#1 the delsaber combo is wat i used also. it pwnz!
#2 i like droids much better in single player, but in multi, FOs rule. in single mode, the usually FO player doesnt like being close to the enemy and i found my FOnewearl running her ass off then rafoing their asses on fire, but it took like 6 rafoies to kil them. In multi, the FO has(or should have) a HU to go up and "distract" the enemy. also i love FO s/d on my hucast! soo much damage.

Genoa
Jan 26, 2004, 09:00 PM
A melee FOmar can pwn just as good. My 118 FOmar, with S/D and J/Z lvl. 30, and with my great melee weapons like Soul Banish and Repeaters(50%hit), I can take out enemies in ult in one combo. And, if they hit me, and I have deband lvl30 and they've been Jellened lvl30, they do like.... under 60 damage. Not much can knock you down then... other than stuff like a gilchich shot... seeing that's not a physical attribute. Also, on Dark Falz, you can Foie his Holy Form while he's invinsible. Then when he isn't, Pop him with those mechguns! Not to mention FO's are good support on multi. I'm a solo player... and I still think FOmar's the best. HUcast is really good too. Traps pwn, gotta admit. I love Confuse traps. Rather have those then freeze. Freeze doesn't last long... at all. And a RAmarl is good too. You can use lvl.20 S/D J/Z. And she actually has the ATA to do well in ult. Give her mechguns and boost her/lower opponent, she pwnz too.

lain2k3
Jan 26, 2004, 10:01 PM
On 2004-01-26 18:00, MegamanX wrote:
A melee FOmar can pwn just as good. My 118 FOmar, with S/D and J/Z lvl. 30, and with my great melee weapons like Soul Banish and Repeaters(50%hit), I can take out enemies in ult in one combo. And, if they hit me, and I have deband lvl30 and they've been Jellened lvl30, they do like.... under 60 damage. Not much can knock you down then... other than stuff like a gilchich shot... seeing that's not a physical attribute. Also, on Dark Falz, you can Foie his Holy Form while he's invinsible. Then when he isn't, Pop him with those mechguns! Not to mention FO's are good support on multi. I'm a solo player... and I still think FOmar's the best. HUcast is really good too. Traps pwn, gotta admit. I love Confuse traps. Rather have those then freeze. Freeze doesn't last long... at all. And a RAmarl is good too. You can use lvl.20 S/D J/Z. And she actually has the ATA to do well in ult. Give her mechguns and boost her/lower opponent, she pwnz too.

I do the same thing, only I use a fomarl, madam's parasol, and I'me level 86. lol. good times.

and how do you do mines at 108 with melee weps with a hucast? did you freeze/confuse EVERY enemy?

ViewtifulJoe
Jan 26, 2004, 10:11 PM
If your force isn't doing damage on Ult then you're doing something wrong. Maybe you're using the wrong techniques, maybe wrong resistances (just message me and I'll give you the spell weaknesses for every frigging enemy on ep. 1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif). See, back when my force was a wee level 60, he was whipping through Ult like it was nothing. Forces just do truckloads of damage, it's how they are. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_8ball.gif

navci
Jan 27, 2004, 02:16 AM
I'm a solo player... and I still think FOmar's the best. HUcast is really good too.

Just to mention.
HUcast rulez. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As for FOmar.. they are okay. But I really could use more ATA, therefore I pick the FOnewm over the FOmar. Sure the newm has less ATP, but they are really sturdy, and they actually hit things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RadHaz
Jan 27, 2004, 03:25 AM
Hehe, Seto seems to be sturdy as well. LV 59 now! Takes a beating from VHARD online 'bears, and can mechgun them to death. Not bad for a FOmarl. Although, we will see about offline MINES...
O, and ganbattemasu Navi! (^-^)

On 2004-01-26 23:16, navi wrote:

I'm a solo player... and I still think FOmar's the best. HUcast is really good too.

Just to mention.
HUcast rulez. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As for FOmar.. they are okay. But I really could use more ATA, therefore I pick the FOnewm over the FOmar. Sure the newm has less ATP, but they are really sturdy, and they actually hit things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif