PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: An Old Force's Reflection

HunterKieran
Jan 26, 2004, 04:59 PM
Seated in a bar in the Central Dome, a lone, black-robed Force sipped from a glass of gold liquor as he looked around the room over his blue-lensed spectacles. All these kids, he thought with a tinge of bitterness. They should make them grow up before they're given the armor of a Hunter or the robes of a Force.

"You drink too much, Joshmaul," commented the female Hunter seated next to him, her blue eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Ah, the glory days are over," Joshmaul replied, smiling faintly. "I haven't had a good fight in over thirty years...I'm unlikely to find one any time soon."

He was referring to the "Battle for Ragol", all those years ago, when a band of Hunters were summoned by Principal Tyrell to combat the evil Brotherhood of the Demon and its psychopathic leader. He faintly remembered fighting alongside the visionary Master-Hunter Kieran Devaneaux and his wife Celest in the East Tower of Gal Da Val's Central Control Area, the fortress-citadel of the demented Force Demon-Kieran. He remembered joining with Kieran and the group of hunters who had once served the Demon in their march to the evil Force's inner sanctum on the top level. He remembered much more vividly serving as Kieran's high priest when Kieran took his rightful place as Reydovan Emperor and rebuilt his empire on Gal Da Val, only to be put back on the defensive, defending it from Demon-Kieran once more...

Despite the fighting, those had been good days, he had to admit. But that was long ago. Demon-Kieran was long dead, and so were Emperor Kieran and Empress Celest. Even Principal Tyrell, normally a strong and energetic man, was gone, his grief and madness over the loss of his daughter Rico finally consuming him. Only he, Joshmaul, was left - left only with memories of those long days. He decided to think back for a moment as he finished off his drink...

Joshmaul remembered when he and Demon-Kieran were locked in single combat, on top of the West Tower of the Central Control Area. Demon-Kieran had fought back with considerable strength, but the use of his Flow-impregnated staff was draining it.....

Taking a chance, Joshmaul launched a fireball into the weakened Demon-Kieran, causing him to drop the Dark Bridge he wielded. He then walked up to where it had fallen, picked it up from the ground, and threw it into the air. Demon-Kieran screamed as he tried to stop what was happening....but it was too late. Joshmaul struck with his blade-tipped rod and destroyed the Dark Bridge in a single swing.

"Now we end this." With that, he tossed his staff aside and picked the Demon up and over his head. With tremendous force, Joshmaul hurled Demon-Kieran out the window at the top of the West Tower. Unable to bring himself to safety or use his techniques, Demon-Kieran had no choice left but to scream as he fell and impacted with the top of the closed gate, breaking him in half with a sickening crunch.

Those were better days. But Joshmaul no longer had any opponents worth fighting these days. Besides, he was too old now to be anything except, perhaps, some kind of healer. Rubbing his beard in thought, he turned to the bartender. "Another drink, barkeep."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterKieran on 2004-01-26 14:03 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Jan 26, 2004, 05:25 PM
Thats great. It really gets my attention and sets up well for the rest of the story.

HunterKieran
Jan 26, 2004, 07:15 PM
This is just a short, surprisingly enough....this takes place (as the text suggests) about thirty years after Demon-Kieran gets his ass kicked for good.

-Kieran

Temjin-On
Jan 26, 2004, 08:15 PM
Oh... good none the less.

Skett
Jan 26, 2004, 08:21 PM
Hey, pretty good.

HunterKieran
Jan 26, 2004, 08:48 PM
I actually think this is one of my better works....the rest of them, eh, they were too wordy. This is fairly brief, and somewhat to the point.

-Kieran